The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

shoutout to all the awesome tenno that carry sortie spy missions and public spy missions in general

zoobmer

you know that if any member of the squad messes up, the entire team will fail. you know that setting your matchmaking to public makes it more likely that someone on your team will screw up. you know that you're more likely to succeed in a private spy mission then a public one. yet, despite all that, you set your matchmaking to public, and carry the team.

you probably don't realize how much those of us who dislike spy missions, or who just aren't able to do them, appreciate this. thanks to you, we can get sortie rewards on days when we see that dreaded spy mission on the list (which is surprisingly often). thanks to you, we're able to receive rewards that are exclusive to spy missions, such as status mods and stance mods. thanks to you, we get the chance to play as Ivara without buying her with plat, whether it's just for the mastery, or we actually find a use for her despite refusing to use her for spy missions.

you guys are, quite literally, our MVP.

I'd like to give a shout out to those poor incompetent unpracticed souls who can't do spy missions but are smart enough to not even try and just wait for someone more capable to do it.

And at the same time I'd like to slap those who can't, march in, and mess it up for everyone with a wet noodle.

4 minutes ago, Olianu said:

I'm with you.  To all those brave souls that deal with the likes of us terrible at being sneaky and subtle.  Kudos, and thank you for your skills!

for me, it depends on the game. I love when a game let's me use stealth to "narrow the heard" so to speak, before all hell breaks loose. Warframe's spy missions are just too much pressure for me.

4 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

You are very welcome!
-Spy lover

yes, thank you! :D

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

Not me, I solo the Sortie spy missions so I don't have to deal with pubs!

that's valid. not everyone is willing to put up with us. but you know what? the people who do put up with us, are heros.

1 minute ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

I'd like to give a shout out to those poor incompetent unpracticed souls who can't do spy missions but are smart enough to not even try and just wait for someone more capable to do it.

And at the same time I'd like to slap those who can't, march in, and mess it up for everyone with a wet noodle.

lol, I bring Volt to all spy missions, purely for support purposes. I really hate when my abilities reach inside the vaults and mess things up. so shameful!

16 minutes ago, MesaVandal said:

I'll always do whatever I can to help get my squad through a Sortie, even if they're inexperienced or dislike/have trouble with a certain mission type/objective. We'll all reap the rewards together.

No Tenno left behind.

yes, same here! I played Limbo in today's sortie defence, and I practically carried the team! I was so frustrated that everyone else was always so far away from the operative, and I kept getting surrounded by enemies. it made it really hard to keep shielding the operative. yet I sucked it up and carried on. I'm pretty sure each of my teammates thought they were the one carrying the team though; despite the fact that they would have run out of revives, assuming the operative didn't die instantly, if it wasn't for me reviving everyone while I was in the rift.

that's what inspired me to make this post: I felt underappreciated for carrying a mission, and didn't want others to feel the same.

Edited by ZBanx
emphasized something I want people who read this post to see.

1 minute ago, Aeon94 said:

I have Operator for spy missions and I love doing them with pubs.

Who needs [put a stealth cheese frame here] when we have operators !

~Sincerely,

Aeon94 , Your friendly Spy-mate.

lol, nice!

2 minutes ago, kyori said:

So why not learn how to spy and be a hero instead?

because it's not the content I'm most interested in. that's the beauty of a game like Warframe: no one can be good at everything; yet there is enough variety that practically everyone is guaranteed to be good at something.

when you can't run, walk. when you can't walk, crawl. when you can't crawl, carry each other.

Warframe is a game about players helping each other. another thing I'm bad at is using a bow, but thank goodness banshee's sonar exists, so I don't have to fire a single shot in bow-only defence! we each have our own way of contributing to this community.

5 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

yes, same here! I played Limbo in today's sortie defence, and I practically carried the team! I was so frustrated that everyone else was always so far away from the operative, and I kept getting surrounded by enemies. it made it really hard to keep shielding the operative. yet I sucked it up and carried on. I'm pretty sure each of my teammates thought they were the one carrying the team though; despite the fact that they would have run out of revives, assuming the operative didn't die instantly, if it wasn't for me reviving everyone while I was in the rift.

that's what inspired me to make this post: I felt underappreciated for carrying a mission, and didn't want others to feel the same.

Good Limbo is good (seriously, keep that up... good ones are hard to find). Sounds like me yesterday on the Infested defense, except I always go Broberon for survival/defense of the Infested variety.

11 minutes ago, kyori said:

So why not learn how to spy and be a hero instead?

Some people can't do spy missions due low fps / high ping , muscle issues with their hands ( can't keep up with grineer consoles for example ) or any other problems that I'm not aware of yet. They need someone to help them in those missions. Also not everyone is capable of doing everything. Keep that in mind Tenno ! :3

8 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Some people can't do spy missions due low fps / high ping , muscle issues with their hands ( can't keep up with grineer consoles for example ) or any other problems that I'm not aware of yet. They need someone to help them in those missions. Also not everyone is capable of doing everything. Keep that in mind Tenno ! :3

Exactly this, and that's perfectly okay.

For anyone reading, please strive to be understanding of your fellow Tenno. Though the toxic players I've encountered in this game are few and far between, a little understanding goes a long way in terms of fostering a better community.

58 minutes ago, MesaVandal said:

Good Limbo is good (seriously, keep that up... good ones are hard to find). Sounds like me yesterday on the Infested defense, except I always go Broberon for survival/defense of the Infested variety.

I honestly don't get why people find Limbo confusing. I watched a few videos on him, and I got a grasp of how to play him practically the instant I started. you want to know who I find confusing to play? saryn. although, I will say, I dread seeing a limbo in survival missions, because very few good limbo players will actually play limbo is such a mission. most of the time, the limbos I run into on a survival mission just drain the life support by making enemies unkillable.

57 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

are autism and ADHD a valid excuse for being bad at spy?

47 minutes ago, MesaVandal said:

Exactly this, and that's perfectly okay.

For anyone reading, please strive to be understanding of your fellow Tenno. Though the toxic players I've encountered in this game are few and far between, a little understanding goes a long way in terms of fostering a better community.

yes! I've hardly ever come across toxicity myself as well.

Honestly, it gets very annoying doing pub spy missions/sortie spy, especially when there is someone every single game that trips each alarm, but I do them anyway and help out because playing solo is 20x more boring and lonely.

4 hours ago, Thylacin said:

Honestly, it gets very annoying doing pub spy missions/sortie spy, especially when there is someone every single game that trips each alarm, but I do them anyway and help out because playing solo is 20x more boring and lonely.

every single game? really? in my experience, there's only about a 50% chance that an alarm will be tripped; probably lower if you regroup after every attempt.

Spy becomes ez mod and fast with Ivara and the Infiltrate augment except yeah, Grineer spies and their consoles.

The slightest, tinyest lag spike can ruin a mission and i just don't like Grineer consoles in general, the high level Corpus ones at least require a bit of thinking before you figure them out though after that they are just too easy, need more complex ones, Grineer ones are button mash and get lucky with your ping, or not...

I always go Limbo just because I can ignore all the bs laser traps in Spy vaults and use my operator to bypass cameras. I’m also a pretty darn fast hacker.

Once, I went into a Sortie Spy looking to do one vault and go to extraction. Between my operator and my Limbo, I was able to not only get the first vault, but also get the other 2 before my teammates could.

20 hours ago, kgabor said:

Spy becomes ez mod and fast with Ivara and the Infiltrate augment except yeah, Grineer spies and their consoles.

The slightest, tinyest lag spike can ruin a mission and i just don't like Grineer consoles in general, the high level Corpus ones at least require a bit of thinking before you figure them out though after that they are just too easy, need more complex ones, Grineer ones are button mash and get lucky with your ping, or not...

16 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

I always go Limbo just because I can ignore all the bs laser traps in Spy vaults and use my operator to bypass cameras. I’m also a pretty darn fast hacker.

Once, I went into a Sortie Spy looking to do one vault and go to extraction. Between my operator and my Limbo, I was able to not only get the first vault, but also get the other 2 before my teammates could.

yes, of course gear is very important; but it also takes skill. a Tenno needs both in order to succeed.

also, I didn't realize Xandy Pants was big enough to have their own icon?