Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Deluxe Skin (concept art by Vince I.)

RubbleRain

Was looking around and didn't see anyone that had posted this particular art piece, so I decided to share this concept of a deluxe skin for Atlas.

THIS ISN'T MINE! Props go to Vince I. On ArtStation! The idea includes a deluxe skin for claws. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/gm5aL

Spoiler

vince-i-atlas-final-small.jpg?1516498447

Speaking of deluxe skins, is anyone else slightly frustrated with how some newer warframes get them so early on (Nidus and Inaros) even though their base form already looks great? I know deluxe skins are more passion projects by the devs than anythings else, but I can still be sad about the lack of love 😢

So... thoughts? How do you see Vince's concept working in game? Which frames are most in need of a deluxe skin due to their base shape being slightly wonky or hard to color? What kind of deluxe skin would you want to see for any of your more unpopular favorites, e.g. Hydroid, Limbo, Atlas, Equinox, and Wukong?

Edited by RubbleRain

1 minute ago, joshwaaaa_ said:

I like the look of this, but i reckon it looks to similar to atlas' default model to be a deluxe skin, if you  could change the mesh of that art a little, it could work as a tennogen skin

You'd be surprised. Normal Atlas doesn't have this much rock or 'flesh' showing, and the deluxe still fits with his 'I rule rocks' theme.
For reference:
f6VIO5d.jpg

4 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

You'd be surprised. Normal Atlas doesn't have this much rock or 'flesh' showing, and the deluxe still fits with his 'I rule rocks' theme.

This ^

I've always felt that his look didn't really fit the theme of 'stone titan'. At least with this kind of deluxe he'll blend in with his rumblers and bulwark!

Might still be difficult to color though, huge sections of texture with very little overlap.

Edited by RubbleRain

12 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

For reference:

I think he meant the silhouette, it just looks like a slightly more rocky Atlas. I'd rather have a much more radical model change.

19 minutes ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

I think he meant the silhouette, it just looks like a slightly more rocky Atlas. I'd rather have a much more radical model change.

Ah. I see what you mean. I guess I would like to see more extraneous parts on an actual deluxe skin.

Problem is, there's so little Atlas fanart that it's hard to figure out what the community wants. The only other pictures I've seen that change Atlas's model are this:

https://kandyba.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-Atlas-665256573

and this:

https://thedurrrrian.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-One-Punch-Space-Man-658165649

While the second one's sick I'm personally more a fan of the first with how beefy the artist made him.

Edited by RubbleRain

This is Atlas, just with heavy influence from Attack on Titan. How do Claws fit with Atlas' theme... at all?

None of these linked are really significant departures for Atlas. Literally just Atlas, but slightly different. There is nothing really fitting with the whole Deluxe skin idea, at least as far as what is out and what is in the pipeline.