Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime

(XBOX)SilverSurferGuy

Before I state this idea I want to make it clear that I have nothing against the founders and I don’t resent them for taking a deal that they liked. Now, I’ve always wondered if it’s possible to introduce an Excalibur Prime pack to consoles only. The founders pack was solely on PC and as it is right now, console users never got the chance. I understand that it won’t ever be available again, but it wouldn’t be available on PC again so I guess technically you’d be true to your word. If it isn’t possible though I understand and it won’t bother me at all. I just wanted some prime looking variant of Excalibur and we’ll get that eventually with Excalibur Umbra. Just a thought that’s been lingering in my head for a while

no.

grabs popcorn

if you care enough about reasoning:

Spoiler

fyi DE said no. consoles is not getting excal prime because exclusivity contract. even if they wanted to they couldnt. because if they did. EVERY SINGLE FOUNDER COULD SUE THEM.

or at least thats what i got out of it, being a non-founder myself.

plus. should this happen then pc players are going to create threads about "consoles got excal prime later which means more people could buy it so pc should get excal prime again. they did it once so they can do it again!"

15 minutes ago, (XB1)SilverSurferGuy said:

Before I state this idea I want to make it clear that I have nothing against the founders and I don’t resent them for taking a deal that they liked. Now, I’ve always wondered if it’s possible to introduce an Excalibur Prime pack to consoles only. The founders pack was solely on PC and as it is right now, console users never got the chance. I understand that it won’t ever be available again, but it wouldn’t be available on PC again so I guess technically you’d be true to your word. If it isn’t possible though I understand and it won’t bother me at all. I just wanted some prime looking variant of Excalibur and we’ll get that eventually with Excalibur Umbra. Just a thought that’s been lingering in my head for a while

There's a reason there was a Founders pack for PC - we founded something and it existed purely to support DE when they needed funds to keep WF going. That WF documentary mentions it.

I don't see why you guys necessarily need some sort of exclusive either. I mean don't you keep getting exclusive cosmetics? Closest thing we have - which is available to everyone - is the phased/Rub skins from Steam festive sales. That's it.

And ultimately, I don't mean to be snarky here but I guess it is, if it 'won't bother you', why create a thread asking for it in the first place? You kinda answered your own thing here, you wanted a Prime Excalibur, we're getting Umbra which think most agree looks better than Void Key Face Excal.

Edited by Valiant