Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.2

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, Coeal_Firran said:

Controller vibration no longer functions since the mega update this morning. i have tried 1,pre-setting the pad to xbox specific. 2, disbaling, saving, reenabling and saving. as well as resetting ALL controls to default

I'm seeing the same lack of rumble/vibration as of 22.20.2.  I swear it was working on 22.20 earlier today.

3 hours ago, AlabamaHit said:

You need to put back controller options to "Optional" because you broke the game for peopel that use a controller. Chat takes forever to get to. Trying to move a mouse around instead of D-Pad...come on.

Also you can't even do a "Sleep" focus farm anymore. You literally made it where they hear you from 50+meters away just walking. Bravo on screw up the game royally.

3 hours ago, Jimmypdp said:

Can we turn this off....

"Controller + Cursor Changes:
Launching with this Mainline update is an experimental 'virtual cursor' for PC! If you use a Controller on PC, you will now find there is a seamless transition between Mouse & Keyboard + Controller! Icons and UI will also reflect those of a Controller when seamlessly transitioning between them. Please let us know how you like it - it should be a marked improvement from our incomplete controller support!"

THANK YOU, I AM NOT ALONE

Seriously, why the Hell were these controller interface changes made? It worked perfectly fine before. Now it's just God awful. Please, allow us to use the D-Pad and A button again, or at least give us the option to turn this new "feature" off. Better yet, get rid of it altogether. This isn't seamless; this is garbage.

"Incomplete controller support" YOU JUST REMOVED THE D-PAD FOR USE, HOW IS THIS MORE COMPLETE

12 minutes ago, Fatallica said:

I'm seeing the same lack of rumble/vibration as of 22.20.2.  I swear it was working on 22.20 earlier today.

Forgot about this, too. Tried playing this morning, and noticed my rumble wasn't working.

Slow clap.

"If you want the old Interface back, just give us some Platinum."

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.2

Changes:

• Removed the unreleased Two-Handed Katana Stance Mod.
  • Returned the Skeiron Zephyr Skin to its original matte material.
  • Improved the Hagoromo Zephyr Skins metallic materials at the request of the creator.
  • The GPU Particle setting will now indicate if your system doesn’t support the new particle system. 

Saryn Spores Fixes:

• Fixed a case where Clients may get stuck unable to cast Saryn’s Spores anymore if they cast Spores on a target that dies during the cast.
  • Fixed Saryn’s Spores HUD indicator disappearing for Clients after Transferring to and from the Operator.
  • Fixed Saryn’s Spores not doing damage while in Operator but damage continuing to increase over time.
  • Fixed Saryn’s Spores active indicator remaining when switching to Operator.
  • Fixed Saryn’s Spores breaking if you go through the Onslaught Conduit while Spores is active.

Fixes:

• Fixed numerous cases of presence vs matchmaking issues. This was causing issues Inviting players and finding squads.
  • Fixed DirectX 9 crashes related to turning off Multi-threaded rendering.
  • Fixed a progression stopping crash in The War Within.
  • Fixed cases of not being able to place Decorations or Polychrome in the Dojo.
  • Fixed Gear wheel losing functionality when opening it while switching from Fishing to a different item.
  • Fixed ‘GPU Particles’ not appearing disabled when not supported. The setting would be greyed out and could not be changed, despite showing a value indicating that it should be active.
  • Fixed appearing to have a plethora of empty Slots in your Inventory. These Slots were not actually useable.
  • Fixed missing Inventory items in the last category that gets loaded (which is also the only category for screens like Fish selection).
  • Fixed the Tigris no longer having its PBR textures. 
  • Fixed numerous of the newly PBR’d weapons not applying custom Energy color.
  • Fixed Equinox Clisthert Helmet not applying custom Energy color.
  • Fixed the Ki’Teer Sekhara and Tethra's Doom Quantum Badge not applying custom Energy color.
  • Fixed holding 2 Hystrix’s instead of the intended 1.
  • Fixed not being able to F6 screenshot while in Decoration mode.
  • Fixed a potential crash when joining a mission.
  • Fixed crashing at End of Mission when playing Lunaro.
  • Fixes towards crashes related to particles.
  • Fixed a level hole in the Corpus Ice Planet tileset.
  • Fixed [PH] text in the new Spear Fishing HUD.

Missed Fix:

• Fixed the Commodore Prime Operator suit and Excalibur Dex Skin having incorrect textures.

"Let us know how you feel about it"

Going on record that I do not like the controller UI changes.

Change it back.

** BUG **

Issue with Warframe Saryn's Spores counter not resetting after completing Sanctuary Onslaught levels as shown in attached pics

I did 8 levels of SO and no issue was present during the start however after level 5 the Spore counter was displayed with no change during level advancment 

also it seems that here first ability Spores is unable to be recast during that time of the issue being present

LFZaFx6.jpg

lCTZfC4.jpg

Saryn bug:

I just jumped into the update a few minutes ago. With the new saryn, I lost the ability to use spores in the second zone of sanctuary onslaught. The UI indicator continued to say 14 through multiple zones until i died. The same thing happened with my second run of sanctuary onslaught. The UI said 14 with no enemies affected, blocking the use of the ability.

Edit: Also, not sure if intended or not but I can't use spores on molt. It may be intentional but I didnt see it in the patchnotes.

Btw Adaro Focus Farm with Equinox got shadow nerfed in case no one else noticed.

(less orb spawn & sleep alerts enemies breaking stealth multipliers every group of enemies)

DE is really determined to make us use their new garbage mode to farm focus huh, really have to nerf all those other options.

I look forward to the day this game finally dies from CTE brain trauma from getting hit in the head by that nerf hammer too much.

Thanks for all the fixes.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Missed Fix:

• Fixed the Commodore Prime Operator suit and Excalibur Dex Skin having incorrect textures.

I actually kind of liked the new textures for the Commodore Prime suit (didn't look at the Dexcalibur one, so I don't know about that).

Ok, I have just finished the sortie for today and can now give some feedback on the Melee thing.

The no melee through walls is currently overly strict.

There were multiple incedents of crates blocking my swings, while the target(s) were MORE than 50% exposed and fireing on me. I was within 1.5m of a target (it was at an intercept console) and the game refused to allow me to hit the target until I got the console completely out of my los of even the Moa's toes before I could connect.

Dead bodies appear to block swings.

Living mobs standing shoulder in front of the ones behind them block my swings. even thought the bulk of the target behind is not only visible but firing on me.

Small rocks on the ground regularly render entire attacks useless against anything.

Once, and only once, a small railing (thin rod type, no panels) blocked repeated swings against a foe (I can only guess the small thin rods of the railing were blocking the critical point I was aiming at?

Suggestions:

1. Add some short (un-moddable, like a meter or meter and a half) range at which melee swings are infact obsticle pass through (eg, yes that thin railing is bullet proof; if I wall right up to it I can reach over and stab the target in the head) I am aware this would let players swing through doors, but only if the mob was already hugging the door. Incedentally I believe that, yes, this should let you kill shield lancers... at point blank.

2. IF the target of a melee strike is killed the strike continues (un blocked) into the next; IF the target survives then meat shield protects the ones behind are safe. Right now a slanted stack of mooks standing behind the shoulder of the one in front will require at least one swing for each mook in the stack... with every last one of them firing the whole time. (this is a VERY common thing if a group of mooks is stacked and heading to say a console to your left or right)

3. Crates, bodies, and other detritus of combat (shadows of the dead, rumblers, specters, other tenno) are ignored from calcs entirely (I am not certain they aren't already but it sure felt like they were blocking my hits sometimes.

Also, Assault it is now a bad word for my load out name? so no 'Assault Rifle' loadout name? Wut?

DE, can you please give us an option to change back to the old controller interface? At the very least as an accessibility option? Not all of us find it easy to navigate with a cursor while using a controller, like those of us who used the old controller UI because of a disability.

Hi,

Love most of the new changes and thanks for being so quick with the hotfixes. I personally didn't get any issues until "after" the second hotfix. I now can't use my d-pad to scroll up and down in the menus, which was so much quicker and user friendly before, and when I push T to type in game, I now have to click in the text box before I type for some reason. Pretty sure these are bugs as I don't think it's intended to make most aspects of the controller user friendly whilst removing a few other aspects that made the controller user friendly before. Hope you can fix this soon and thanks again. Keep up the good work!

5 hours ago, Jimmypdp said:

Can we turn this off....

"Controller + Cursor Changes:
Launching with this Mainline update is an experimental 'virtual cursor' for PC! If you use a Controller on PC, you will now find there is a seamless transition between Mouse & Keyboard + Controller! Icons and UI will also reflect those of a Controller when seamlessly transitioning between them. Please let us know how you like it - it should be a marked improvement from our incomplete controller support!"

It is not.

EDIT: it actually works well, but it's more of an alternative than a solution. I know Steve kept saying we don't have proper controller support, but the previous iteration was really damn close to full support. This is not. I think this is a nice option to keep, especially for an onscreen KB layout that actually works, but not to replace the good controller support we recently had following the Shrine update.

possible bug:

• some menus don't allow you to use the controller face buttons to interact with the menu, i.e the arsenal. You could press the face buttons when highlighting a weapon to open the upgrade, appearance, etc, but with the current version of virtual cursor mode, you need to hover over the option and select it, which adds to the sluggish feeling.
  • Not being able to use the D-pad is frustrating and counter intuitive. In fact, I could forgive the cursor if the d-pad still works, since it normally functions as an alternate L-stick anyway. 
  • there's no acceleration on cursors (again, it feels sluggish)
  • Steam controller is default layout with Auto-detect.......
  • Steam controller buttons sometimes replace the new black and white XB1 icons

This should be toggle-able. What you guys did in the previous iteration of controller support (auto-detect for the four controller types, and and pretty much universal support for all menus as far as I could tell) was really good. I could hop in and not have to deal with the stupid Steam BPM and its ugly controller layer. Controller support was snappy, it felt like traditional console layout, when selections were highlighted quickly and easily. This basically just feels like i'm using an emulator like Xpadder to move around and it feels so slow. To navigate menus with items, selections and highlights are based on the cursor position with L-stick, which is slow in menus. in chat, scrolling is based on the window with the cursor, so I have to move it to scroll, often with the R-stick, which means I'm still using both sticks, but scrolling one window at a time...slowly.

BRING BACK PREVIOUS LAYOUT! you nailed the colors and icons last time with the auto-detect UI, this black and white/steam layout isn't very appealing (again why is steam the default layout? it's ugly and most people were glad to be done with it), since I like color...but it would be nice to keep it since I also think it fits the WF style style . Basically, bring back the previous controller support you had just before patch, and add these new changes as optional. 

also, add dead-zone sliders and give us toggles for how secondary fire should be handled with controller, like with stradavar, but for every weapon with a fire more that's completely separate from main fire (tenora, pandero, panthera, etc). Having to press thumbstick all the time to fire weapons wears them out and makes ghosting worse over time.

1 hour ago, Roadle32111 said:

Saryn bug:

I just jumped into the update a few minutes ago. With the new saryn, I lost the ability to use spores in the second zone of sanctuary onslaught. The UI indicator continued to say 14 through multiple zones until i died. The same thing happened with my second run of sanctuary onslaught. The UI said 14 with no enemies affected, blocking the use of the ability.

Edit: Also, not sure if intended or not but I can't use spores on molt. It may be intentional but I didnt see it in the patchnotes.

Oh, it's intended (according to Region chat - PC). No it's not in the notes on the post. They're laughing at us right this second. GG DE 🙂 I'm still going to play your game though, so you win.

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I agree with this response.

Endo is almost always an appreciated reward. The only people who don't need it represent like 1% of the community.

Endo is like credits to me. I need it, but I get it from many sources - over time. I don't want it in the loot tables when I find other things far more valuable.

I'm not in the 1% (a bit arbitrary btw) 🙂 I do need it, but I don't need it: in the tables.

somethings wrong with the starchart, or better said: i dont feel so complete, when my head flies on one side, with sigil, syandana and left shoulder armor and the operator head only when glitching with the operator (see screenshot with rhino in spoiler.. happens with other frames too) to get a floating head, open the starchart. zoom in on any planet, open the chat, click a profile, close the chat, close the profile, zoom out of the planet map

Spoiler

73d07e-1526609966.jpg

and MR test 25 seems to be buggy for me, allmost every time i enter the archwing, i'm clipping in to the ground, making it impossible to fly or even try to complete the test and some of the dargyns are staning still (gear at test: amesha AW, ignis wraith, aklex prime, galatine prime, rhino prime... not tested with others)

finally got the khora blueprint, her cat has some colorproblems: previewing any color without equipping it and exiting the paint mode results in auto equipping some grey like color, i think its corpus grey, i dont know for sure

Archived