The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do we need responsible Partners?

9 hours ago, Avlaen said:

ive read the OP 3 times, and i have no idea what his point is?

I think he has watched a lot of YT videos of people talking smack about WF.

He thinks they are deliberately giving out bad / misleading information, either to stroke their own egos, or because the game isn't what they'd like it to be, instead of giving well-reasoned criticism & opinions. Which can harm the reputation of the game and prevent potential players from giving it a try.

I think...

Not seen any myself, but have watched a lot of "review" videos about other games I play (or have played) and this sort of thing is sadly quite common. Lots of ranty BS from folks who don't appreciate what a game is trying to achieve (or don't care) or who haven't played it enough to fully understand it.

All you can really do is leave scathing comments in the reviews section and try to educate viewers. 🙄

On 2018-05-18 at 3:37 PM, Xion said:

The fan base is responsible. When DE #*!%s up, we're quick to act on our responsibility to tell them that they #*!%ed up. Same goes for when/if they do something good. 

Personally, I have found that some of our more "toxic" content creators to be more respectful than the average player when they're ranting off on the latest news. In fact, they're the loudest voice of constructive criticism for DE because of the fact that they're content creators. While your average player is off spewing nonsense because there are no repercussions to what they say, the content creators are giving actual ideas for DE to think about implementing.

Also, content creators wouldn't be content creators if they stopped creating content. But not every creator is contentpun intended with creating the same meta weapon, xp farm, or decorating video over and over again. Some content creators actually want the game to change and they want to use their platform to voice their thoughts and ideas. Content creators are people; with voices, thoughts, and ideas. They are not books to be read and then dumped when you've absorbed all of the information out of them.

As a final note, stop thinking that everyone who badmouths Warframe/DE hates the game or the direction it's going. If anything, they're the ones who actually want the game to get better through change. The reason the "toxic" players and creators don't go to another game is because they appreciate the game enough to want to see progress, not stagnation. 

The insight is appreciated.

On 2018-05-19 at 3:37 AM, FlusteredFerret said:

I think he has watched a lot of YT videos of people talking smack about WF.

He thinks they are deliberately giving out bad / misleading information, either to stroke their own egos, or because the game isn't what they'd like it to be, instead of giving well-reasoned criticism & opinions. Which can harm the reputation of the game and prevent potential players from giving it a try.

I think...

Not seen any myself, but have watched a lot of "review" videos about other games I play (or have played) and this sort of thing is sadly quite common. Lots of ranty BS from folks who don't appreciate what a game is trying to achieve (or don't care) or who haven't played it enough to fully understand it.

All you can really do is leave scathing comments in the reviews section and try to educate viewers. 🙄

Thank you for seeing the point.

On 2018-05-19 at 12:03 AM, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Probably? Only warframe youtuber i watch are potatoe, shy, mr warframe guy, sabuchii, and zana.

Mogamu was nice for a while but he kinda bored me. Aggp is just plain ol annoying amplified by a gazillion. Dunno who aweblade is.

aweblade is like the person AGGP and Mogomu would adopt as a step-son. Someone that refreshes old meta and has the nerve to say that a old mechanic in the that is a back door meta is too O P and has to get nerfed. They are one of the people who advocated for the gas + stealth combo to get debuffed. They are probably part of the reason we are loosing the melee attacks through objects and wall soon.So that makes a 3rd person entitled to cause the game to lose it's fun aspects.

Edited by (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood

1 hour ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

aweblade is like the person AGGP and Mogomu would adopt as a step-son. Someone that refreshes old meta and has the nerve to say that a old mechanic in the that is a back door meta is too O P and has to get nerfed. They are one of the people who advocated for the gas + stealth combo to get debuffed. They are probably part of the reason we are loosing the melee attacks through objects and wall soon.So that makes a 3rd person entitled to cause the game to lose it's fun aspects.

Glad i didn't know who that was then

On 2018-05-18 at 6:08 PM, peterc3 said:

In a rather abstract way, I would kind of agree. Person with a platform says X and the people who like said person just parrot X without actually thinking about it.

That being said... this is the internet. Not going to stop that from happening.

I agree too.  Sadly, you are correct that this is the internet and DE really can't police YT videos.  They CAN, however, remove Partner status from those slandering them...though I think they understand that'd just end up getting them yelled at for "Too much censorship".  But yeah, too many "parrots" really hurts our already-an-issue New Player problem.  They have trouble understanding/getting into Warframe, so they seek info on YouTube or Twitch...and the first thing they are greeted by is "Everything is TRASH! DE RUINED IT! All things are going to be NERFED TO OBLIVION!!! NOT WORTH PLAYING!!!"  ....I think that's what the OP was getting at.

On 2018-05-18 at 6:29 PM, Firetempest said:

They want partners to be yes-men and not to undermine DE decisions in any way.

I don't think that's at all what the OP was saying.  Freedom to opinions is fine, but just like people do too often here on the Forums, big YTers sometimes have a tendency to state their opinions as facts, and new players don't know the difference because they assume these "high level players" must know all there is to know! They must be authorities, yeah? 

In this way, yes, Partners really do have some responsibility to spread objective and correct information.  Sadly, no way to really enforce that effectively.

As for the wording, I don't think English is the OP's primary language, perhaps?  That being said...

On 2018-05-18 at 5:55 PM, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

The greatest thing to blame from YouTube and the Blogs would have to be the poor decision making or presentations made to cause or incite damage to the game and it's community. Some examples is Aweblade, Mogamu, and AGGP as some examples. Not to look at the person; but the ideas that is harbored.

1. While we like to learn some Meta and a thing or two we long forgot it does not mean that subscribers should be set up for bait.
  2. The game is rated M for a reason. While other crowds would have to take responsibility when exposing themselves to violence, gore, and morbid themes it does not entice the other crowds to look at something to change it to a underachieving direction.
  3. When it comes to giving claims or insisting a opinion / idea be magnified by a uninformed crowd more effort has to be put to re sculpt these other views to understand that Warframe is Warframe.
  4. Revisioning a game in beta is one thing; but "retconning" a game with heavy loaded words like "broken" "O P" "Boring" "Lazy" and so forth disrespect the imagination and the intended goal made by people who created products and stories for other people's entertainment.
  5. For those who do not appreciate the game enough there is other games out there than Warframe that meet a preference for those who like to undermine things and get their emotional plunder satisfied, since they refuse to 'git gud'.
  6. Overstepping the privilege to present content is two-fold into bait as people want to get the latest info on content to the game than to hear a rant-fest.
  7. Putting the self interest over the vast criteria of team work intended with playing and speaking to and for others does not feed egos; but misinforms the viewer when they are trying to grasp a concept or a perspective on something of interest.

In all, it helps to maintain a informed, entertained, and aware audience than to turn them against the developers in a undertone way. There are many partners; but the energy, time, and enthusiasm to bring content to the players and their social interaction to uphold a responsible fan base does not have to go to waste.

...Onkko, is that you? 😧

jk jkm but seriously, there's truth in all that text.  Worth a debate, at least.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I agree too.  Sadly, you are correct that this is the internet and DE really can't police YT videos.  They CAN, however, remove Partner status from those slandering them...though I think they understand that'd just end up getting them yelled at for "Too much censorship".  But yeah, too many "parrots" really hurts our already-an-issue New Player problem.  They have trouble understanding/getting into Warframe, so they seek info on YouTube or Twitch...and the first thing they are greeted by is "Everything is TRASH! DE RUINED IT! All things are going to be NERFED TO OBLIVION!!! NOT WORTH PLAYING!!!"  ....I think that's what the OP was getting at.

I don't think that's at all what the OP was saying.  Freedom to opinions is fine, but just like people do too often here on the Forums, big YTers sometimes have a tendency to state their opinions as facts, and new players don't know the difference because they assume these "high level players" must know all there is to know! They must be authorities, yeah? 

In this way, yes, Partners really do have some responsibility to spread objective and correct information.  Sadly, no way to really enforce that effectively.

As for the wording, I don't think English is the OP's primary language, perhaps?  That being said...

...Onkko, is that you? 😧

jk jkm but seriously, there's truth in all that text.  Worth a debate, at least.

It's the fault of irresponsible partners such as the 3 people who cause harm to the developer's product. 

15 minutes ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

It's the fault of irresponsible partners such as the 3 people who cause harm to the developer's product. 

How do they cause that harm exactly? I only know one of these 3 and he doesn’t cry out ‘nerf!’ every time something is changed

On 2018-05-19 at 2:03 AM, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Probably? Only warframe youtuber i watch are potatoe, shy, mr warframe guy, sabuchii, and zana.

Mogamu was nice for a while but he kinda bored me. Aggp is just plain ol annoying amplified by a gazillion. Dunno who aweblade is.

I never followed many Warframe Youtubers. Used to peek in on Mogamu but stopped when he let popularity get to his head

Aggp is just horrible to me. Not only because personally I find his humor boring and repetitive, but from what I've seen him post on twitter and the like? He's just rude and a toxic person in general.

30 minutes ago, Sunder said:

I never followed many Warframe Youtubers. Used to peek in on Mogamu but stopped when he let popularity get to his head

Aggp is just horrible to me. Not only because personally I find his humor boring and repetitive, but from what I've seen him post on twitter and the like? He's just rude and a toxic person in general.

Yes, and I think the OP is concerned that these represent Warframe to those who haven't yet joined the game, but are considering it.  These "toxic" people are the first examples they get of Warframe players, and I think OP just means to seek a way to be sure proper representation of the game is given.

Tbh, though, I think the best thing one can do is create a positive channel to put out proper information and hopefully it will gain more traction. 😕

4 hours ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

So underneath all the pointless fluff op is claiming the WF partners are irresponsible cause DE balances their game and blames them. This is the supposed irresponsibity is bringing broken things to light faster, yes just faster as they'd get discovered regardless.

It's just another "don't nerf my X" thread at the end of the day.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Yes, and I think the OP is concerned that these represent Warframe to those who haven't yet joined the game, but are considering it.

You're too optimistic, or naive. Whichever.

This is an anti nerf / meta complaint thread, that's all it has been since the beginning. Same as the other one you participated in.

OP just hides it, intentionally or not, with bombast, poor sentence structure and a misleading overarching point, which is an unfortunate combo for readers.

Your optimism is admirable, but unwarranted.

Edited by DeMonkey
Tired

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

It's just another "don't nerf my X" thread at the end of the day.

Pretty much.

This entire post is just: "I want Warframe YouTubers to only say things I agree with and if they don't they shouldn't be partners."

Edited by rune_me

11 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You're too optimistic, or naive. Whichever.

This is an anti nerf / meta complaint thread, that's all it has been since the beginning. Same as the other one you participated in.

OP just hides it, intentionally or not, with bombast, poor sentence structure and a misleading overarching point, which is an unfortunate combo for readers.

Your optimism is admirable, but unwarranted.

Meh, I tried 😕 

Regardless, the point might be worth discussion here (moreso than the op).  What do we, as a community, feel we should/could do about so much negativity taking up the bulk of Warframe's representation on YouTube or Twitch?  Not saying good content creators don't exist, just saying there are a lot of toxic ones declaring everything that isn't meta "trash", bashing everything DE tries to fix, and those people have a LOT of subs tuning in.  

At the least, I find that deeply unsettling.

Hey all, going to lock this one up based on several posts pointing to a general confusion with the purpose/direction of this thread. I work on the Warframe Partners program and would welcome concise and clear feedback. I feel that this thread is not that.

[DE]Aidan