Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if the radiant relics in ESO were replaced with 100 traces

-dicht.Goko-

It would:

1. Reduce the dilution of the drop table
  2. Allow people to choose what relic they want to upgrade
  3. Reduce the amount of admin DE had to do whenever a group of relics were vaulted/unvaulted/released
  4. Reduce the amount of useless rewards for people who are ready to farm ESO: relics are not a problem for them (admittedly neither is traces, but there must be some compromise)

Edited by -dicht.Goko-

28 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

If I want Traces I can run Lith EXTs and get like 30 per minute...so no, I think that's a bad change

And if I wanted relics, I can do spy missions in 1.5-2 mins to get those, instead of the 5 mins per rotation currently in ESO. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)dingdong743 said:

You can get traces by doing alerts and you get them in bulk by doing a long survival fissure, meanwhile relics you have a CHANCE of getting them in rotations, so absolutely not

Survival fissures aren't guaranteed to spawn. 

15 minutes ago, Redspace0095 said:

besides, even at MR25 you'd max out in traces in no time

I'm MR25 and I do. But I get far more relics than I can spend traces on. And I only play for an hour a day max. 

The point is that we already have far too many relic farms already. 

Edited by -dicht.Goko-

I'd rather have the relics removed completely, at MR25 it's not like I need the relics or traces. 

I'd rather see 'useful' items like kuva and higher drop rates on the things we actually want.  Actually I'd prefer an additional 2.5minute xp booster on top of the buff at the start of the next round over more relics. 

Why, because lets be honest the main reason we're doing eso is xp/focus and the vandal parts, most of us couldn't give a monkey's about anything else.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

I'd rather have the relics removed completely, at MR25 it's not like I need the relics or traces. 

I'd rather see 'useful' items like kuva and higher drop rates on the things we actually want.  Actually I'd prefer an additional 2.5minute xp booster on top of the buff at the start of the next round over more relics. 

Why, because lets be honest the main reason we're doing eso is xp/focus and the vandal parts, most of us couldn't give a monkey's about anything else.

Excellent suggestion.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb -dicht.Goko-:

The point is that we already have far too many relic farms already. 

You. Not me. YOU.

You can't just generalize things to fit your argument. I am constantly on my Traces cap because I almost never see any normal Relics. The only reliable Resource for me to get them is Syndicate Packs but I better spent those points where I need them more.

Relic drops are rng. 

vor 9 Minuten schrieb -dicht.Goko-:

And if I wanted relics, I can do spy missions in 1.5-2 mins to get those

I always get different drops. Every evening before I close the game I buy Relics until my trades are exhausted to even get my hands on some no matter what they are.

Traces from Fissures are fix. You get between 7 and 50 or so. That would make 28 the average. No matter the Tier you choose.

10 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You. Not me. YOU.

You can't just generalize things to fit your argument. I am constantly on my Traces cap because I almost never see any normal Relics. The only reliable Resource for me to get them is Syndicate Packs but I better spent those points where I need them more.

Relic drops are rng.

Like I said, if you're ready to farm ESO this applies to you. 

Looks like there are several other things you should be focusing on in the game before pitting yourself against ESO enemies. 

For those of us for whom ESO isn't a challenge and farming it is the last thing left to do, this argument applies. That's who I'm arguing for. Not you. Us. 

I always get different drops. Every evening before I close the game I buy Relics until my trades are exhausted to even get my hands on some no matter what they are.

Traces from Fissures are fix. You get between 7 and 50 or so. That would make 28 the average. No matter the Tier you choose.

Spy missions give you a guaranteed relic, on the second console. 

Happy hunting. 

Edited by -dicht.Goko-

I think they should let us sell/trade radiant relics at a vendor or in the UI for ~50 traces or something. That way if you're getting a lot of radiants you don't want from onslaught, you can sell them for traces to upgrade a regular relic you have. It should probably be less than 100 traces since you can get the radiant relics a lot faster than you can farm traces. 

vor 15 Minuten schrieb -dicht.Goko-:

Like I said, if you're ready to farm ESO this applies to you.

I can solo ESO to Zone 11 if I want to...but that's not efficient so I skip that

vor 16 Minuten schrieb -dicht.Goko-:

Looks like there are several other things you should be focusing on in the game before pitting yourself against ESO enemies. 

I'm all ears. Gimme some suggestions what I should be focusing on in your opinion.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb -dicht.Goko-:

For those of us for whom ESO isn't a challenge and farming it is the last thing left to do, this argument applies. That's who I'm arguing for. Not you. Us

Nobody supports your idea until now...so that's that

vor 18 Minuten schrieb -dicht.Goko-:

Spy missions give you a guaranteed relic, on the second console

Only Tier 1 and Tier 3 yield Relics. And it's faster (more efficient) to just buy them via trade than farming. I have no motivation to run Spy others than Pago or Pavlov

12 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I can solo ESO to Zone 11 if I want to...but that's not efficient so I skip that

Almost everyone I regularly play with, including myself, can do that with ease...so congrats I guess. 

13 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I'm all ears. Gimme some suggestions what I should be focusing on in your opinion.

No idea what your MR is, but I'm sure there are guides out there if you need them. 

Nobody supports your idea until now...so that's that

There are some in this thread who support the sentiment. So your statement is clearly wrong. 

15 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Only Tier 1 and Tier 3 yield Relics. And it's faster (more efficient) to just buy them via trade than farming. I have no motivation to run Spy others than Pago or Pavlov

That's up to you. I can't get rid of my relics fast enough, and most of the people I play with are in a similar boat. 

We're largely burned out from fissure farming since it's highly repetitive and monotonous. Even so, selling relics is still not enough to keep up with the amount we get from playing the game. 

5 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Add me ingame. I gladly buy 30 Relics each day from you

ok, I only sell vaulted relics. 15p per relic. only do job lots of 5. excludes the more "premier" vaulted relics of course, which I sell for more. 

Anything less really isn't worth my time. 

EDIT: I typically sell between 100-300 relics per week, so effectively you're asking for around 210? which is roughly doubling my relic sales...not bad...if you're serious of course. 

Edited by -dicht.Goko-

vor 4 Minuten schrieb -dicht.Goko-:

ok, I only sell vaulted relics. 15p per relic. only do job lots of 5.

You are such a hypocrite. You are complaining about too many Relics but cling to current ones?

I'll pass. I get 50 per day for 50p in total (which are gone in about 1 EXT Fissure)

5 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You are such a hypocrite. You are complaining about too many Relics but cling to current ones?

I'll pass. I get 50 per day for 50p in total (which are gone in about 1 EXT Fissure)

What's hypocritical about anything I've said?

All I've said is that I acquire relics at a commensurate rate (at least) to how many I sell/use, and I go through a fair few each week.  

Only difference is I don't sell my relics straight away. 

And no, I don't buy relics. 

Just because I'm not hard up for plat enough to take part in tiny trades doesn't make me a hypocrite, unless you have a different definition of the word. 

And sorry, but I'm way past the point of mindlessly doing fissure exterminates all day. It's far too mind-numbing for my taste. 

Edited by -dicht.Goko-

He only clings to current ones as selling for less than 15p each per relic is a waste of a trade. The reason he doesn't sell them is because they hold no value. Why would you waste precious daily trades for 10-20p deals? 

Likewise, this player is asking for the system to still be based on relics but provide more freedom for the user on how they use their radiant relics. This allows people to use 100 traces on various relics, not confined to obtaining 30 Neo Z1 Radiant relics that they really don't care for. Onslaught is extremely saturated with Zephyr Prime relics, and replacing it with 100 void traces would be a great improvement for players like myself who hold 200+ Vauban and 150+ Soma relics that they would like to Radiant.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb --Q--Voltage:

He only clings to current ones as selling for less than 15p each per relic is a waste of a trade. The reason he doesn't sell them is because they hold no value. Why would you waste precious daily trades for 10-20p deals? 

Yeah that's only logical. But you can't expect to find many buyer with this pricing. So imo you can't complain about having too many Relics when there are so many cheaper seller.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb --Q--Voltage:

Onslaught is extremely saturated with Zephyr Prime relics

I did too many runs on Plague Star for it being any kind of healthy so I know this problem. I had about 250 Neo Z1 and 200 Neo E2. But these are gone in about 11 hours (hypothetical 1.5 minutes per run including loading times). 

vor 10 Minuten schrieb --Q--Voltage:

replacing it with 100 void traces would be a great improvement for players like myself

You are asking for less than we already have. I would gladly agree on random normal Relic + 100 Traces for each Rotation. But it's less stressful to just run EXTs solo without Relics to get the same value on Traces (5minutes ESO = 100 Traces, 3,3 runs times 1,5 minutes = 100 Traces). In the latter you can also get rid of common Relics (like mentioned Z1 or E2) and also get Stuff either for selling Prime Parts or Ducats.

Yeah that's only logical. But you can't expect to find many buyer with this pricing. So imo you can't complain about having too many Relics when there are so many cheaper seller.

Like I said, I sell a few hundred relics per week. You can check my warframe.market profile if you need evidence. So I'm not complaining about having too many relics because I'm struggling to get rid of them. I'm complaining about having too many relics because even at the rate I'm selling them, I'm still getting enough to keep up with the sales, and more. 

You are asking for less than we already have

Not sure how a higher chance at getting the actually sought after rewards (vandal parts, captura scenes and peculiar mods) is asking for less...but to each their own. 

Edited by -dicht.Goko-

vor 3 Minuten schrieb -dicht.Goko-:

Not sure how a higher chance at getting the actually sought after rewards (vandal parts, captura scenes and peculiar mods) is asking for less...but to each their own. 

I cannot find the actual Thread in which the new Droptable was posted so I'll take the original one

Khora Chassis Blueprint (3.16%)
400 Endo (18.97%)
Lith T1 Relic (RADIANT) (3.16%)
Lith N3 Relic    (RADIANT) (3.16%)
Lith Z1 Relic    (RADIANT) (3.16%)
Lith B2 Relic    (RADIANT) (3.16%)
Lith C2 Relic    (RADIANT) (18.97%)
Lith H2 Relic    (RADIANT) (18.97%)
Lith S7 Relic    (RADIANT) (18.97%)
Lato Vandal Receiver (2.01%)
Kuva Fortress Crevice Scene (3.16%)
Lua Balcony Scene (3.16%)

In your logic to replace the radiant Relics to 100 traces we would get a Drop Table as following:

400 Endo (18.97%)
100 Traces (69.55%)

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I cannot find the actual Thread in which the new Droptable was posted so I'll take the original one

400 Endo (18.97%)

In your logic to replace the radiant Relics to 100 traces we would get a Drop Table as following:

400 Endo (18.97%)
100 Traces (69.55%)

@--Q--Voltage wrote the original post so you can scroll through his bio for it.

I haven't commented on drop chances at all. In my OP, I have left the specifics out but mentioned clearly that it should come with an increase to the other items.

Also, khora doesn't drop from ESO

400 Endo (18.97%)

400 Endo (18.97%)
100 Traces (69.55%)

17b025d332af46e45f896f5e998cbaf2.png&key=14dba7a80816316883413a3a27fba55204e1e7a2050cb21bd5f56c10446bd3cb

I hope this helps to show how diluted ESO is with relics that are worthless. With the changes proposed by OP, drop rates should be adjusted. Replacing all Relic drops with traces will make room for real end game resources such as Kuva, not junk like Endo. This would also be a perfect opportunity to make the rare drops consistent with the release of the game mode.

Edited by --Q--Voltage