Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

energy handicap in the sanctuary onslaught

maddragonmaster

hello i am a chroma that i am suffering from the 75 energy handicap because of the dam blinding rage that causes it to cost about 113 energy and i have to say this is a forced handicap rather then a "challange" which causes me incredible annoyance due to when jumping into the next zone and have the grineer, corpus, and corrupts gunning me down before i can get vex armor up and have some defense so i can relax. to me these are cheep deaths.

The biggest issue with your post is that the introduction of Sanctuary Onslaught clearly explained to you that this would happen, and you still seem surprised about it.

EDIT: and before anyone tries to tell me it wasn't clearly explained, lemme snip from the update post which I'll also link.

"Each Conduit entered/Zone advanced removes current buffs, active Warframe abilities, combo multipliers, and resets Energy to the respective base level. Harder enemies from a baseline!" (emphasis mine)

Edited by Knight3169

4 minutes ago, Knight3169 said:

The biggest issue with your post is that the introduction of Sanctuary Onslaught clearly explained to you that this would happen, and you still seem surprised about it.

not surprised just very very p'oed due to the cheep mechanics of the dang onslaught especial rather then being defeat dozens of times not do to my own fault but rather do the fact of the freaking of the dang handicap not being able to give me breathing room for the next zone.

also i'm a freaking chroma. it is needed to keep me alive in the long run

Edited by maddragonmaster

1 minute ago, maddragonmaster said:

not surprised just very very p'oed due to the cheep mechanics of the dang onslaught especial rather then being defeat dozens of times not do to my own fault but rather do the fact of the freaking of the dang handicap not being able to give me breathing room for the next zone

Then why did you wait until nearly a month after reading "Each Conduit entered/Zone advanced removes current buffs, active Warframe abilities, combo multipliers, and resets Energy to the respective base level. Harder enemies from a baseline!" to have a problem with it? /confused

7 minutes ago, Knight3169 said:

Then why did you wait until nearly a month after reading "Each Conduit entered/Zone advanced removes current buffs, active Warframe abilities, combo multipliers, and resets Energy to the respective base level. Harder enemies from a baseline!" to have a problem with it? /confused

are you saying i can't have an issue with it now?! i have had this dang issue for a while and it happened twice in a freaking row f'ing me out of the dam focus bonus. so please stop trying to criticize my opinion before i end up loosing my dang temper i am trying to contain. really don't want to throw another thing on my desk to the couch nearbye.

You know, it's funny. This is what DE has to deal with. They put Blind Rage in and gave it Negative Efficiency to make players stop and think before using it on their Frames.........Annnnnd eventually they get this. Players complaining that the Punishing Mod is ACTUALLY punishing them now, and that they don't like it.

Too bad, so Sad. This is literally what DE designed both the mod, AND the game-mode limiter for. Adapt, Grow, and Achieve. That's what you gotta do now.

8 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

are you saying i can't have an issue with it now?! i have had this dang issue for a while and it happened twice in a freaking row f'ing me out of the dam focus bonus. so please stop trying to criticize my opinion before i end up loosing my dang temper i am trying to contain. really don't want to throw another thing on my desk to the couch nearbye.

Have I upset you?

I was not saying that your opinion is invalid, nor that you can't be angry about it.

I was simply trying to understand, and I'll never understand humans if I don't ask them questions.

EDIT: That's, uh... that's my adieu by the way.

Edited by Knight3169

Just now, Knight3169 said:

Have I upset you?

I was not saying that your opinion is invalid, nor that you can't be angry about it.

I was simply trying to understand, and I'll never understand humans if I don't ask them questions.

it is not you thats upsetting me it is just i having hair trigger temper.

4 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

You know, it's funny. This is what DE has to deal with. They put Blind Rage in and gave it Negative Efficiency to make players stop and think before using it on their Frames.........Annnnnd eventually they get this. Players complaining that the Punishing Mod is ACTUALLY punishing them now, and that they don't like it.

Too bad, so Sad. This is literally what DE designed both the mod, AND the game-mode limiter for. Adapt, Grow, and Achieve. That's what you gotta do now.

hello mr. genius chroma is in a dang stated where he depends on the dang buff and last time i remember hearing steel fiber doesn't work well with vex armor. it is very important for chroma to have his vex armor up so he doesn't die from some dang grineer from sneezing him to death. so unless you have a better wisecrack you can attempt to try then please leave.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

lol cause that's an arcane everyone has access too

funny enough, it is...

52 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

i am suffering from the 75 energy handicap because of the dam blinding rage that causes it to cost about 113 energy

have u tried removing blind rage from your build? or using some efficiency to balance it out? either of those would solve the issue, and there are a few other options out there.

It's mostly you who is handicapping yourself.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

funny enough, it is...

have u tried removing blind rage from your build? or using some efficiency to balance it out? either of those would solve the issue, and there are a few other options out there.

It's mostly you who is handicapping yourself.

well still trying to level zenurik.

8 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

hello mr. genius chroma is in a dang stated where he depends on the dang buff and last time i remember hearing steel fiber doesn't work well with vex armor. it is very important for chroma to have his vex armor up so he doesn't die from some dang grineer from sneezing him to death. so unless you have a better wisecrack you can attempt to try then please leave. 

.................So.............Excalibur NEEDS Blind Rage because otherwise his Blind has less duration, but DE needs to stop punishing me for trying to use it on my Exalted Blade? You see how your argument doesn't work, because the answer to both is: "....Dude....You don't NEED it, you just want it. You can do without the insane Power Strength, so stop complaining."

I mean, this would be like me playing Chroma, and being PO'd that a Nidus in the group ISN'T hitting me with his 3rd ability. I mean, how DARE he, right? He knows I need more Power Strength to survive, right? He knows I can't dodge and move, and as a Chroma player I HAVE to sit there and take every hit an enemy throws my way. What's wrong with that selfish Nidus, am I right?!

So, to summarize: You're acting Entitled, and Spoiled. Use Energy Conversion. Dodge and Weave. (Or play another Frame)

12 hours ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

What magical world do you live in that an arcane that has a 5% drop rate on the final 'lyst of the 3 set is "funny"

Still a better drop rate than Braton and Lato Vandal.

19 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

-snip-

Hey friend. Chroma main here. The problem isn't the mission, it's you. Rage, Hunter Adrenaline, Arcane Energize, the Zenurik energy buff....there are loads of options out there to gain energy and sustain a Blind Rage Chroma. If you refuse to use them, the game shouldn't bend to you. If you haven't put in the work to earn them, then you haven't earned the right to complain about not having them.

...oh, and in case you weren't aware, Chroma isn't the only Frame that needs his buffs to survive. I'd like to see ya run Octavia in there and try to survive. Chroma at least has his own bulk to rely on when he's gathering energy; not every Frame has that boon.

All said, I'd suggest you put in the work to fully equip yourself for the gamemode before trying to provide feedback. Sanctuary Onslaught is designed to be played by end game players, and will intentionally chew up anything less.

On 2018-05-19 at 7:29 PM, maddragonmaster said:

hello i am a chroma that i am suffering from the 75 energy handicap because of the dam blinding rage that causes it to cost about 113 energy and i have to say this is a forced handicap rather then a "challange" which causes me incredible annoyance due to when jumping into the next zone and have the grineer, corpus, and corrupts gunning me down before i can get vex armor up and have some defense so i can relax. to me these are cheep deaths.

I have more problem with Toggle abilities in the Onslaught than expensive duration abilities. WarCry in my Eternal War build costs almost as much as your Vex Armor but Hunter Adrenaline fixes that issue but the lack of energy orbs makes restoring energy while it's channeling a pain. It's like a EV Trinity is required for that game mode because of how terrible the drop rate for energy orbs are.

My friend, calm down, there are three ways to get around this; the first is that you can mod Chroma without Blind Rage, it does give slightly lesser results, but it's still possible to get a really solid Chroma build without it.

To be fair with you, this is the actual goal of this limitation in SO; to make sure that you build for sustainability over multiple short-instance missions, which will get steadily harder and harder at base. You have to make sure that you have the option to cast, fight, evade or just not-die at the start of each round, and failure to mod for that will result in failure at the game mode.

The second option is a little hidden feature; Forma a couple more slots.

Your base starting energy is actually boosted by both your total energy pool and how many extra mod points you have left over. So if you're not afraid of putting a one or two more Forma on, locking in your build and having to re-forma if they introduce a new mod you want to use, then do it. You'll start each round with more base energy so you might be able to get your armour on.

The third option? Use your other defense ability; mod for Ice and hit Elemental Ward instead of Vex Armour to give you that base boost, even though it's smaller, and the enemy slow/damage reflect function which are also useful, and which should give you time to get your bearings and start the round.

On 2018-05-20 at 3:20 PM, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Hey friend. Chroma main here. The problem isn't the mission, it's you. Rage, Hunter Adrenaline, Arcane Energize, the Zenurik energy buff....there are loads of options out there to gain energy and sustain a Blind Rage Chroma. If you refuse to use them, the game shouldn't bend to you. If you haven't put in the work to earn them, then you haven't earned the right to complain about not having them.

...oh, and in case you weren't aware, Chroma isn't the only Frame that needs his buffs to survive. I'd like to see ya run Octavia in there and try to survive. Chroma at least has his own bulk to rely on when he's gathering energy; not every Frame has that boon.

All said, I'd suggest you put in the work to fully equip yourself for the gamemode before trying to provide feedback. Sanctuary Onslaught is designed to be played by end game players, and will intentionally chew up anything less.

hey i have 2 of those and i am working on the dam zenurik focus tree  and i am using  hunter adrenaline and zenurik. how can you freaking expect my dam scion buff to build up when the dam enemies already taken out my shields. hmm.  oh the octavia that frame were all you need to do is teabag a lot and you invisible? also with hammer and that roller that also draws away attention from yourself?

On 2018-05-20 at 4:53 AM, Tangent-Valley said:

.................So.............Excalibur NEEDS Blind Rage because otherwise his Blind has less duration, but DE needs to stop punishing me for trying to use it on my Exalted Blade? You see how your argument doesn't work, because the answer to both is: "....Dude....You don't NEED it, you just want it. You can do without the insane Power Strength, so stop complaining."

I mean, this would be like me playing Chroma, and being PO'd that a Nidus in the group ISN'T hitting me with his 3rd ability. I mean, how DARE he, right? He knows I need more Power Strength to survive, right? He knows I can't dodge and move, and as a Chroma player I HAVE to sit there and take every hit an enemy throws my way. What's wrong with that selfish Nidus, am I right?!

So, to summarize: You're acting Entitled, and Spoiled. Use Energy Conversion. Dodge and Weave. (Or play another Frame)

ok your comparing 2 warframes with each other that has no similarity? not sure what your thinking. plus a chroma would hate the idea of nidus using his parasite link on him, he needs the damage. all of my grips are because after being able to gather all the energy i need and use vex armor the scion buff of vex armor can't be successfully be used unless i have shields to be damage which i end up having none after getting the ammount of energy i  need.

and both of you are about as helpfully as an angry valkyr is to a crying child. at least thaylien had right idea of trying to calm me down before giving me ideas to use. so i advice you to not give tips and advice to an frustrated player.

also thank you thaylien i will consider the advice and use ice chroma in my next run.

2 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

-snip-

I'm...genuinely curious what you're doing differently that you're struggling this much. I have yet to run into energy problems or difficulty building Vex Armor. What's your build and weapon situation?

Also, regarding Octavia...setting up everything you mentioned takes a lot of energy. Far more energy than she has when she first enters a conduit. She winds up in the same situation as Chroma, but with no armor to protect her. It falls to the pilot's evasion skill and weapons at that point.

21 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

I'm...genuinely curious what you're doing differently that you're struggling this much. I have yet to run into energy problems or difficulty building Vex Armor. What's your build and weapon situation?

Also, regarding Octavia...setting up everything you mentioned takes a lot of energy. Far more energy than she has when she first enters a conduit. She winds up in the same situation as Chroma, but with no armor to protect her. It falls to the pilot's evasion skill and weapons at that point.

well it is steel charge, power drift, constitution, primed continuity, narrow mind, blind rage, transient fortitude, hunter adrenaline, and intensify. i was using the likes of jat kusar and mios since my other favorite melee can't sustain enough kills to support the efficiency drain. had the fire chroma running because i am a fan of fire dragons and i like the reds, oranges, and yellows better. while having a infested doggo with me because i was a little bit drained on using sentinels all the time.

1 hour ago, maddragonmaster said:

well it is steel charge, power drift, constitution, primed continuity, narrow mind, blind rage, transient fortitude, hunter adrenaline, and intensify. i was using the likes of jat kusar and mios since my other favorite melee can't sustain enough kills to support the efficiency drain. had the fire chroma running because i am a fan of fire dragons and i like the reds, oranges, and yellows better. while having a infested doggo with me because i was a little bit drained on using sentinels all the time.

If you want to run elite onslaught without corrosive projection, have at it but having corrosive as your aura would be a good place to start.  I run pub a lot for this and I can instantly tell when we don't have 4 cor proj in the group.

2 hours ago, (PS4)zeltwang said:

If you want to run elite onslaught without corrosive projection, have at it but having corrosive as your aura would be a good place to start.  I run pub a lot for this and I can instantly tell when we don't have 4 cor proj in the group.

not intended on running elite onslaught. this whole grip is about the basic normal onslaught. i have been trying to run normal onslaught on solo for a while now and the 75 starting energy bit was one of my grips about it. it is the easier one of the onslaughts yet for some reason trying to farm feels way more of pain in the dang arse then frame is worth.