Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Ambulas damage reduction

LuckyCharm

Hey guys, so in the face of all the git gud comments that I'm about to receive I'd like to see ambulas's damage reduction get looked at. 

He doesn't take well to status, takes almost no damage till his butt packs have been destroyed, and has a very short timer for how much ehp you need to burn through at sortie level. I can kill him, I just can't kill him in time without some sort of cheese and without a decent squad. I've tried, and unless I have buffed myself like crazy he just doesn't drop and if the corpus manage to revive him somehow (usually because the hack panel hitbox is bugged) you have to do it all over again. 

Please look at his damage reduction, lengthening the timer or something won't help since it'd just make it longer. 

Thank you. 

Lucky

(ps: yes i did finally write this because of the bow only thing. Even my modded titania couldnt melt through it before the timer with how much it moves about)

Are you talking about the day before's sortie? 

If so, I just brought Ivara with my fully modded rakta cernos and had no problems because of her 4 with 3 combo. It was pretty easy, I just told my teammates to watch the other Ambulas and I guarded one myself. Took about 3-4 headshots to down them and they're like level 112?

If you're struggling with the fact that he runs about, take Frost. Snowglobe will slow him down massively if you cast it over him, and also protect you from lots of the incoming enemies, the Augment for Globe will also 50/50 prevent the repair drones from sneaking up to un-hack it. Avalanche will also reduce armour values, as well as providing large area CC.

Unlike a lot of bosses, who have phases of invulnerability, having a permanent Slow effect on Ambulas doesn't interfere with anything. A friend of mine was struggling to get through that one, not because he didn't know how to do it, but because all the public players didn't know, and kept falling over, failing to kill incoming enemies, or standing in the path of the barrages. So I joined, took Frost, and everything magically worked out ^^

Give it a try on regular Ambulas and then if the Sortie pops up in the future, you're good to go.

Wow, so a Sortie 3 boss (which, mind you, was initially designed as "endgame" content) requires you to choose appropriate gear and teammates who, instead of going Limbo/Valkyr and ducking in a corner while phased out/in Hysteria actually contribute to the fight? Atrocity! 

Sarcasm aside, Ivara, Nova, Roar Rhino, Chroma and Mag (pick any two, really) were extremely helpful in that fight. And, surprisingly enough, you needed a decent bow, too. 

Yes, it was more difficult than just taking a Mesa or two there and annihilating everything and everyone, but was it impossibly difficult? Not really. 

Tried that Tavier Corsairs trick with Oberon. Hallowed Ground then 2 Reckonings. Then spammed Smite. It died very easily. Used a 1 Forma Rakta Cernos iirc to kill stuff and Reckoning to cancel out the flying drones trying to fix the ambulas. It was really fun.

On topic : Pretty sure its one of the last challenging things left in game. Please don't take that away from the game.

His damage reduction isn't the biggest issue i think. It's only 89.21% at lvl 100 since he got 2480.36 armor at that level. It's more of it's health and shields which is at 164,296.65 health and 37,253 shields. So without a OverPowered weapon or weapon combo, he would take a beating. 89.21% DR is more than a lvl 53 heavy Gunner but it's health makes it way tankier than it should.