Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt / Prime(?) PBR treatment sometime in the future?

Sergster

So, Volt and his prime variant. They still do lack the cloth physics mentioned, sometime in the past? And sorry but the textures are quite.. something something. Are there any plans to give him the glorious PBR treatment Excalibur's Proto skin got? Cause that one was GOOD. Let's face it Volt looks really, plasticy and rubbery.. shouldn't he as the electricity frame be.. W E L L  C O N D U C T I V E ?

Sorry not sorry.

Both Volt and Volt Prime feature PBR shaders.

I am incredibly saddenned by people's lack of recognition to understand what PBR is and why some look different than others.

All the materials featured are intended, so don't expect them to be changed.

2 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Doesn't he have PBR?

He does use that shader system. Its just old and he is from the earlier batches.

What he needs is a re-texture, not a PBR. Though I guess people have begun to think that a re-texture and changing a skin so it uses a different system are the same thing due to the changes all resent PBRs have.

3 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

He does use that shader system. Its just old and he is from the earlier batches.

What he needs is a re-texture, not a PBR. Though I guess people have begun to think that a re-texture and changing a skin so it uses a different system are the same thing due to the changes all resent PBRs have.

He doesn't need a retexture at all. Normal Volt looks fine and while I'd like myself if Volt Prime's metallics were a bit more modern and less "flat", I don't think one could ask for much more really.

You can't just expect DE to start changing materials everywhere everytime some people believe something is just not to their taste. From experience Mynki chose very carefully the materials he used in all frames he worked on, Excalibur (default Excalibur) being one of the most detailed pieces of work I've seen in a long, LONG time.

2 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

He doesn't need a retexture at all. Normal Volt looks fine and while I'd like myself if Volt Prime's metallics were a bit more modern and less "flat", I don't think one could ask for much more really.

You can't just expect DE to start changing materials everywhere everytime some people believe something is just not to their taste. From experience Mynki chose very carefully the materials he used in all frames he worked on, Excalibur (default Excalibur) being one of the most detailed pieces of work I've seen in a long, LONG time.

Its a correction, not a request.

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

You’re forgetting that Volt still needs cloth physics, but other than that, I agree.

Well, that has to do with mesh cutting, not a retexture 😛

Just now, Airwolfen said:

Its a correction, not a request.

Well, you wrote he needs 😛

Anyways, I am the first one that understands that PBR materials seemingly get updated (either that or some have less time to be worked on). I could live with his material being updated if it indeed has, but with a few frames still lacking PBR at all it's really absurd at this stage to ask for it, among other things because by the time that's done at the rythm DE is going he'd need another one LOL

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

True, still it would be nice to have Volt to get cloth physics after all these years haha.

IKR? One of the things I am looking forward the most, although I am a bit afraid of any side effects (BUMPS!).

But seriously, I hope Ray gets to it soon. Please Ray. Do it for us :3

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

IKR? One of the things I am looking forward the most, although I am a bit afraid of any side effects (BUMPS!).

But seriously, I hope Ray gets to it soon. Please Ray. Do it for us :3

I believe that the last thing we heard about them talking about it is that they were going to work on it but I’m guessing that was either forgotten or got pushed back, which is pretty reasonable since DE has a lot on their plate at the moment.

I'm far too daft to know how to move threads but still, a re-texture and some added metallics. Maybe a BIT, at the direction of Inaros' Deluxe so it would seem even brushing him shocks your skeleton to ash.

Well at least his prime looks better than oberon prime 😛. It is a disaster.
His should armor he had got removed and shoulder look narrow af.(if you change his prime shoulders to anything else, in attachments section)
Anyway i can complain all day, but i mean he is not as bad, but better textures would be awesome for sure.