The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Zanuka immune to the infested?

So I was thinking about the Zanuka, and googling it while thinking "This thing is like... One of the perfect war machines in this universe." because of all the Warframe components it contains, which makes me want to ask. Is the Zanuka immune to the Infested? Or can the "metal" be infected but the actual Warframe components immune?

I don't think we know much of the infested to conclude that. But i think Zanuka is vulnerable to the infestation.

The infestation seems capable to infect machinery (as you can see with mutalist moa, mutalist osprey, mutalist weapons, and perhaps Jordas Golem as well), which open the possibility of Zanuka being infested. I don't think its frame parts could protect it because even the frame could be infected somehow (Nidus is infected, right? And remember Mesa that got infected in Patient Zero quest?).

So far, only the Operator that seems to have natural immunity against the infestation. CMIIW, guys. 

Edited by Renseiryuu

No, I don't believe its immune to Infestation, its largely made out of Technocyte based materials after-all! We also saw a Zanuka embedded in the walls of the Eris Infested Corpus ships Mutalist Alad V used during the Strange Shipments lead-up to The Mutalist Breeding Ground event. Its likely Zanuka is more or less warframe parts and technocyte repurposed into Corpus machinery and chassis for remote control via transference-like control via Alad V's collars. Warframes are likely a different strain than normal infestation which would also explain why Helminth is interested in merging his own strain with them.

while Zanuka is made of Warframe parts, I'm guessing that it's Corpus-based modifications probably leave a backdoor open for the Technocyte to get in and assimilate Zanuka. wouldn't mind seeing Mutalist Zanuka though, I want a version that isn't a total pushover. or better yet, a Mutalist Razorback: re-skinned Bosses can be fun if they're done right! (Hemocyte wasn't IMO).

Warframes are humans transformed into infested mutants, which is why the Infested bosses keep complaining about the frames(controlled by us) are killing them, and since Zanuka is made from frames, it stands to reason that it too is immune. Zanuka is basically Alad's frame.

Just now, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Highly probably. Mirage Prime trailer. Apply Occam's Razor, boom: Best possible guess.

Occam's razor means the least possible assumptions. I could just as easily say that the Mirage Prime trailer is referring to some kind of infested golem.

11 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Occam's razor means the least possible assumptions. I could just as easily say that the Mirage Prime trailer is referring to some kind of infested golem.

Occam's Razor is defined as the theory requiring the least assumptions. Do you want me to walk you through the most likely meaning of every single important line of the trailer?

Spoiler

"Oh how you suffered to become this beast."

Most likely meaning using the least assumptions: What Mirage P used to be before she suffered to turn into what she is now was something very close to human, given the shape of her frame.

"Yet you laughed at me. Others raged and writhed in the vice, but you... you played the fool."

Most likely meaning using the least assumptions: She didn't resist whatever was happening to her and bore it with morbid joviality, unlike all the others.

"And so it was that you distorted my design." 

Most likely meaning using the least assumptions:Through her atypical behaviour, she managed to influence what Ballas was doing to turn her into Mirage P, again unlike others.

"The mere vapors of your life, shimmering still."

Most likely meaning using the least assumptions: Even though she has been changed, Mirage P retains some aspects of the person Ballas used to create the frame.

1 minute ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Occam's Razor is defined as the theory requiring the least assumptions. Do you want me to walk you through the most likely meaning of every single important line of the trailer?

Hide contents

"Oh how you suffered to become this beast."

Most likely meaning using the least assumptions: What Mirage P used to be before she suffered to turn into what she is now was something very close to human, given the shape of her frame.

"Yet you laughed at me. Others raged and writhed in the vice, but you... you played the fool."

Most likely meaning using the least assumptions: She didn't resist whatever was happening to her and bore it with morbid joviality, unlike all the others.

"And so it was that you distorted my design." 

Most likely meaning using the least assumptions:Through her atypical behaviour, she managed to influence what Ballas was doing to turn her into Mirage P, again unlike others.

"The mere vapors of your life, shimmering still."

Most likely meaning using the least assumptions: Even though she has been changed, Mirage P retains some aspects of the person Ballas used to create the frame.

You have a very skewed definition of "Least possible assumptions".

Just now, Corvid said:

You have a very skewed definition of "Least possible assumptions".

The least possible assumption doesn't mean ignoring anything that you cannot take one hundred percent literally. If that's how you define it, you might as well still argue that the frame breaking War at the end of SD was just happenstance, or better, a newly awoken Operator subconsciously reaching out to control the frame. You know, despite Steve repeatedly saying that the scene was explicitly put in to hint at something.

There's being skeptical, and then there's being ignorant. I'm sure we'll out about this little mystery in a few weeks, and when that happens you're free to remember this thread.

Just now, AuroraSonicBoom said:

The least possible assumption doesn't mean ignoring anything that you cannot take one hundred percent literally. If that's how you define it, you might as well still argue that the frame breaking War at the end of SD was just happenstance, or better, a newly awoken Operator subconsciously reaching out to control the frame. You know, despite Steve repeatedly saying that the scene was explicitly put in to hint at something.

There's being skeptical, and then there's being ignorant. I'm sure we'll out about this little mystery in a few weeks, and when that happens you're free to remember this thread.

Occam's razor favours me in this instance.

My assumptions: What became the warframe was previously some kind of infested beast. This is a safe assumption, considering the Rhino Prime codex, as well as the reactions of the various infested bosses, as well as the Worm Queen.

Your assumptions: What became the warframe was previously a human. This assumption requires taking the words of someone known for speaking poetically and in metaphor at face value, with no other supporting evidence.

It's bad form to call someone ignorant just because they came to a different conclusion to you.

4 hours ago, GTX49 said:

The only reasons Warframes don't get infested is because there is void voodoo being channeled through them... so if Zanuka don't have void voodoo then it can get infected easy peasy

That's not true. Look at the Mycona Colony from everyone's favorite (this is sarcasm) quest The Glast Gambit.

Infested leave the Myconians alone mostly because Neewa has an infested mutation that doesn't express like normal Infestation, and the normal Infested see the hybrid mutations as something to avoid. It's sort of like a flu shot, except the shot eventually kills the recipient, but you won't catch the flu, which is good because this flu turns you into a pile of genetic material and recombines your material into a twisted flesh golem for it to puppet. Yay?

Warframes could be similar to this. They might have a core of Infestation, but it's not something that normal Infested could take over in most situations. But this is just a hypothesis, although one based on Operator comments.

Warframe already are made of infested flesh, the operator prevent the control from the infested mind.

Aladdin mutalist colar give him control and Power over other warframe.

The same way he control zanuka, but when the Link is cut zanuka become extremely vulnerable.

So one must be immune from the infested infection and be protected from the control of the infested mind.

Zanuka is immune only when it is under control.

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

My Operator:  My Warframe is STRONG.  Zanuka is not.  

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  😁 

Oh I never said my Operator was smart.

"We will bring honor to the Tenno."

Dude, you ran around with a corrosive flame thrower and MELTED flesh and armor from the bones of your enemy. That's like one of the top-10 worst ways to die! And I'm not even going to talk about your pole arm with the Primed Reach and the Range Riven Mod that hits enemies 20+ meters away.

"The Lotus is counting on us."

No, bad Operator! Space Mom left us for some weirdo. You know what, I'm going to Darvo's. Maybe he'll sell me bootleg alcohol so I can numb your stupidness away. Carrier, find my Old War Driver's License! That should say I'm older than 21, even if I was in an un-aging transference vessel. I'm OUTTIE 5000!

4 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Warframes are humans transformed into infested mutants, which is why the Infested bosses keep complaining about the frames(controlled by us) are killing them, and since Zanuka is made from frames, it stands to reason that it too is immune. Zanuka is basically Alad's frame.

Could stand to reason for original versions of the warframes but ours are made from foundry blueprints, essentially 3d printed from Technocyte and raw materials. Warframes are likely resistant to other infested strains but not immune either; Helminth for instance did a fine enough job infecting Warframe strains of Technocyte with its own; when Tenno say we are immune to this disease, they likely mean themselves being immune. Helminth would likely want to overcome that. Zanuka still has those warframe technocyte strains but is merged with Corpus tech. Mutalist Alad V had some merged into technocyte walls.

11 hours ago, Urlan said:

No, I don't believe its immune to Infestation, its largely made out of Technocyte based materials after-all! We also saw a Zanuka embedded in the walls of the Eris Infested Corpus ships Mutalist Alad V used during the Strange Shipments lead-up to The Mutalist Breeding Ground event. Its likely Zanuka is more or less warframe parts and technocyte repurposed into Corpus machinery and chassis for remote control via transference-like control via Alad V's collars. Warframes are likely a different strain than normal infestation which would also explain why Helminth is interested in merging his own strain with them.

Warframe components doesn't mean it has parts of the infested golem in its design. Likewise you seem to have forgotten that the Warframes are made from a perfected strain of the infestation that makes them immune to its effect. I do not believe Zanuka has any Helminth-Strain within his design, just parts from the frame itself, and even if it did have the Helminth-strain infestation within it, that would make it immune.

21 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Could stand to reason for original versions of the warframes but ours are made from foundry blueprints, essentially 3d printed from Technocyte and raw materials. Warframes are likely resistant to other infested strains but not immune either; Helminth for instance did a fine enough job infecting Warframe strains of Technocyte with its own; when Tenno say we are immune to this disease, they likely mean themselves being immune. Helminth would likely want to overcome that. Zanuka still has those warframe technocyte strains but is merged with Corpus tech. Mutalist Alad V had some merged into technocyte walls.

Helminth can infect Warframes because they are all made from the same strain of infestation. It is a perfected strain that is immune to the lesser infestation.

1 hour ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Warframe components doesn't mean it has parts of the infested golem in its design. Likewise you seem to have forgotten that the Warframes are made from a perfected strain of the infestation that makes them immune to its effect. I do not believe Zanuka has any Helminth-Strain within his design, just parts from the frame itself, and even if it did have the Helminth-strain infestation within it, that would make it immune.

Helminth can infect Warframes because they are all made from the same strain of infestation. It is a perfected strain that is immune to the lesser infestation.

Helminth is not the same Technocyte strain as warframes, though that is what it says it wants. Helminth is a technocyte organism tasked with repair and maintenance of the bio-mechanical aspects of Ordis, our Technocyte resources we recover, and probably warframes as well, but it is weak to Void energy as Helminth tells us. The goal for Helminth given its self awareness and current lack of freedom given Ordis' inactivity since the Fall is to create itself a stronger body that is immune to our Void powers (the Void Demon as Helminth calls us) it is just trying to use us and avoid being killed by us in the short term.

19 hours ago, Urlan said:

Helminth is not the same Technocyte strain as warframes, though that is what it says it wants. Helminth is a technocyte organism tasked with repair and maintenance of the bio-mechanical aspects of Ordis, our Technocyte resources we recover, and probably warframes as well, but it is weak to Void energy as Helminth tells us. The goal for Helminth given its self awareness and current lack of freedom given Ordis' inactivity since the Fall is to create itself a stronger body that is immune to our Void powers (the Void Demon as Helminth calls us) it is just trying to use us and avoid being killed by us in the short term.

Where did you get that it is not the same strain? Nothing in game declares they are different, and by logic they have to be the same strain in order for Helminth's cyst to even work on a frame. Warframes cannot be infested by the normal infestation, they are immune to it.

31 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Where did you get that it is not the same strain? Nothing in game declares they are different, and by logic they have to be the same strain in order for Helminth's cyst to even work on a frame. Warframes cannot be infested by the normal infestation, they are immune to it.

Helminth implies it, and if Helminth was the same strain of technocyte, he wouldn't fear us Tenno killing him since he would metabolize Void energy. He was able to impregnate Nidus with a cyst due to Nidus's own Shepard or Commander of Infested nature. Nidus is more volatile or in touch with an infested nature due to its abilities and function so Helminth was able to easily spread a part of itself into a Nidus warframe and due to Nidus' nature, other warframes. Warframes are not immune to infestation, its repeated said that Tenno are; warframes are likely though very stable and made without a will and so pretty resistant to other technocyte infection.

4 hours ago, Urlan said:

Helminth implies it, and if Helminth was the same strain of technocyte, he wouldn't fear us Tenno killing him since he would metabolize Void energy. He was able to impregnate Nidus with a cyst due to Nidus's own Shepard or Commander of Infested nature. Nidus is more volatile or in touch with an infested nature due to its abilities and function so Helminth was able to easily spread a part of itself into a Nidus warframe and due to Nidus' nature, other warframes. Warframes are not immune to infestation, its repeated said that Tenno are; warframes are likely though very stable and made without a will and so pretty resistant to other technocyte infection.

Helminth says absolutely nothing about being weak to void energy. In fact, the only time he even says the word "void" is: "(We fear nothing but the Void demon)"  which is a direct reference to the operator. It doesn't say he fears the energy we use, only the operator themself. Helminth is not the only thing in the game that mentions fearing or disliking the operators. He says nothing about us killing him or implying that we want to, only that he fears the void demon. His comments about being weak are likely tied to the fact that Helminth has been isolated for so long within Ordis that it has not been able to grow or develop. We also don't know the story behind Helminth, considering it is unique to the player's ship and not canonically present in any other Tenno's ship as stated by the DESteve. He isn't impregnating anything, he is injecting infected liquid or a parasite that forms into a cyst. The contents of the cyst after it fully develops is then able to be used to infect a Kubrow egg, it is not some kind of embryo or something. Nidus is the embodiment of the perfected infestation, which bears to reason why Helminth admires it. The Tenno speak to their Warframes all of the time in the game, and in the case of the Tenno talking about immunity, it is in the plural sense. "We are immune to this infestation." No Warframe has been infested in the game by the Infested faction, including Warframes that were directly exposed to it for long periods and directly experimented on. Warframes have a will that is only subdued, otherwise they would be unable to move on their own.