Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats Wrong With My Kohm Build?

Puddingmonster

Question

Hey all,

So i got what i believe is a fairly decent Kohm riven, However I don't seem to be doing anywhere near the damage i have seen other players do.

l3gJftW.png

My riven stats are:

+160% Multishot

+115.4% Status Chance

+113.1% Ammo Maximum

-51.9% Damage to Infested

Any tips on the build?

Thanks

17 answers to this question

Just now, Lluminate said:

This is correct, make sure you get that 100% mark before adding multishot.

It could also be because you don't have Primed Point Blank instead of the regular version.

Bit hard to tell when the riven has both MS and SC.

And good job catching the Point Blank, I missed that.

At 115.4% status chance on the riven and +240% from dualstats it's a guarantee to hit 100% status before multishot, merely 60% more would've been sufficient on top of dualstats.

Besides that, consider Primed Point Blank, there isn't much else wrong with it. It might just be that such increase in rate of fire results in far greater spread which in turn greatly decreases your damage output over range.

Edited by JuicyButthurt

The slash procs will not be effective because you've got all that status spread over 5 different damage types. I personally just went with a crit build for Hunter Munitions. Even though the base crit chance is low, with a riven you can get that really high when stacked with the regular crit mods. Play with Harrow and those procs for Hunter Munitions will go crazy. I never understood why people liked Kohm. It really isnt great as you clearly stated in your post.

17 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

You need to have 100% Status Chance before multishot, and since your Riven has less than 120% Status Chance, you need all 4 60/60 mods.

If it isn't 100% before multishot, multishot will never take it to 100%.

personally i dont see anything wrong with your build, though i'd probably switch out Shotgun Spazz for a Sweeping Serration (to focus procs on slash)

also, are you using the technique that allows you to stay at full spool?

Basically you shoot until you are at full spool, and then start sprinting.
You do NOT let go of the fire button and you must not stop sprinting, instead shooting by pressing the crouch button.

Basically what happens is that by not letting go of fire when you sprint, the Kohm stays at full spool. Then when you tap crouch you will momentarily slide allowing your fully spooled Kohm to fire off a shot with max Multishot/Punchthrough, or do a longer slide for a burst of fire.

A build I would go for would include:
-As many Status mods (not including Multishot ones) as is necessary to hit 100% Status (basically meaning 4 dual-stat elemental mods, all maxed).
-Blaze, Primed Point Blank, multishot mods.

As in my opinion, fire-rate would be a waste of space unless you can fit: RoF, status, some damage, and reload speed (or negative zoom) on the same Riven, then I'd say it's worth it.

Edited by Koldraxon-732

I had that reasoning too once before I realized it might still be rounded to 100%, just like it did in this case. OP got 295.4% status in his build which got him to 98.85 pre-MS status but MS got it to a high enough number to be rounded up to 100%.

17 hours ago, Starcanum said:

I had that reasoning too once before I realized it might still be rounded to 100%, just like it did in this case. OP got 295.4% status in his build which got him to 98.85 pre-MS status but MS got it to a high enough number to be rounded up to 100%.

unfortunately, the 100% in that situation is fake. The UI rounds up to 100% but the actual effect is still not quite there.

though if you got that high, the functional difference would be barely noticeable between it and the "real" 100%

46 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

unfortunately, the 100% in that situation is fake. The UI rounds up to 100% but the actual effect is still not quite there.

though if you got that high, the functional difference would be barely noticeable between it and the "real" 100%

Isn't that what I just said, that 100% can be fake because it can still come from being rounded up, hence there is a point in mentioning before/after MS? And the point is that it's not barely noticeable on high pellet count weapons, since the "almost 100%" is the chance that at least 1 pellet would proc. In the case with Kohm's base 12 pellets, 98.85% pre-MS status means there's 98.85% chance at least one would proc => 1.15% that none proc => 68.9% per-pellet not proc => 31.1% per-pellet status. Looks like a very high functional difference as OP has already indicated.

3 minutes ago, Starcanum said:

Isn't that what I just said, that 100% can be fake because it can still come from being rounded up, hence there is a point in mentioning before/after MS? And the point is that it's not barely noticeable on high pellet count weapons, since the "almost 100%" is the chance that at least 1 pellet would proc. In the case with Kohm's base 12 pellets, 98.85% pre-MS status means there's 98.85% chance at least one would proc => 1.15% that none proc => 68.9% per-pellet not proc => 31.1% per-pellet status. Looks like a very high functional difference as OP has already indicated.

yeah i guess you have a point, but only if the status chance manages to reach between 99.95-100%

I mean me having a point doesn't have to be conditional xd

On a practical note though, it's very easy to reach a point where there'll be a difference between pre-MS 100% and post-MS rounded up "100%" with rivens, especially when they include both SC and MS. In this case, getting a total of 280% MS got the OP to 45-46 pellets, and so in order to get that 99.95% post-MS he only needs about 15.5 per-pellet status which equates to 86.8% pre-MS. 

7 hours ago, Starcanum said:

I mean me having a point doesn't have to be conditional xd

On a practical note though, it's very easy to reach a point where there'll be a difference between pre-MS 100% and post-MS rounded up "100%" with rivens, especially when they include both SC and MS. In this case, getting a total of 280% MS got the OP to 45-46 pellets, and so in order to get that 99.95% post-MS he only needs about 15.5 per-pellet status which equates to 86.8% pre-MS. 

yeah true aye, if only the kohm's multishot that results from the spool-up actually worked like multishot mods, that'd be swell