The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a Battle Royal Mode in the works?

(XBOX)General Rufus X

Related image

STOP TRYING TO ADD THIS BR STUFF TO EVERYTHING IT IS NOT CHEESE ITS NOT GOOD ON EVERYTHING

its like pineapple on pizza some do like it some hate it and then there is the group of people over there who don't care since i'm using a pizza as a comparison but real talk all the BR stuff is getting so annoying i want the trend to die faster then my hate for cooked mushrooms

Edited by seprent
spelling mistakes and woo made page two welcome to page two

33 minutes ago, seprent said:

Related image

STOP TRYING TO ADD THIS BR STUFF TO EVERYTHING IT IS NOT CHEESE ITS NOT GOOD ON EVERYTHING

its like pineapple on pizza some do like it some hate it and then there is the group of people over there who don't care since i'm using a pizza as a comparison but real talk all the BR stuff is getting so annoying i want the trend to die faster then my hate for cooked mushrooms

Well....

Image result for kirby battle royale cover

and if it was indeed add to warframe, you could do what 99% do about conclave and lunaro, just ignore it exists

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

8 hours ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

Well....

and if it was indeed add to warframe, you could do what 99% do about conclave and lunaro, just ignore it exists

never played that game hell didn't even know that game existed 

cover alone looks more like smash at-least that was slightly entertaining

On 2018-05-30 at 3:11 PM, rune_me said:

... they claimed to own the copyrights to a frying-pan used as a weapon) They'll loose this one as well.

Considering the fact that PO'ed had a frying pan as a weapon back in '95 would seemingly put the lie to that. 

Even if the game can handle that kind of mode, warframe’s PVP is not a strong point. I’ve been told a lot of times that if you play warframe for its PVP then you’re playing for the wrong reasons. Metaphorically speaking, it’s the side dish of the main course. Plus it’s bad enough that other companies are cheaply cashing in on that battle royale mode. I don’t think warframe needs to either. But I guess it could’ve added value to the PVP or even improve it. Idk 

Screw Fortnight, and PUBG, and Call of Doody. They're crap.

Warframe runs incredibly smooth and the Dev team is amazing!

I posted this topic because I believe that it could be done and DE would destroy the field if they decided to do it. You know they could, they know they could. I know it would be amazing.

If you don't like the idea, that's fine, you don't have to play it, but there are a lot of players that love that type of game mode, but they just get S#&$ on by other game devs.

2 hours ago, (XB1)General Rufus X said:

Screw Fortnight, and PUBG, and Call of Doody. They're crap.

Warframe runs incredibly smooth and the Dev team is amazing!

I posted this topic because I believe that it could be done and DE would destroy the field if they decided to do it. You know they could, they know they could. I know it would be amazing.

If you don't like the idea, that's fine, you don't have to play it, but there are a lot of players that love that type of game mode, but they just get S#&$ on by other game devs.

Clearly never had run into bugs, bad host, host migration or lag. Just because DE can make a BR mode does not mean they should do it. And from the multiple threads before this about the same topic the general consensus is NO,  most of the community responds with this because we don't want trends to pile up in this game, this is DE not Hi-Rez. If you want to play battle royal there plenty of other games that already exist

16 hours ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

Well....

Not the same as Fortnite/PUBG.

Kirby Battle Royale is a brawler video game played from a top-down perspective. Players control the series' titular protagonist Kirby and must battle against other versions of himself in an arena. There are a total of 10 Game Modes, plus "The Cake Royale" story mode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_Battle_Royale

1 hour ago, --Q--Stryker said:

Not the same as Fortnite/PUBG.

Kirby Battle Royale is a brawler video game played from a top-down perspective. Players control the series' titular protagonist Kirby and must battle against other versions of himself in an arena. There are a total of 10 Game Modes, plus "The Cake Royale" story mode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_Battle_Royale

i know it was mostly for jiggles and reactions

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Clearly never had run into bugs, bad host, host migration or lag. Just because DE can make a BR mode does not mean they should do it. And from the multiple threads before this about the same topic the general consensus is NO,  most of the community responds with this because we don't want trends to pile up in this game, this is DE not Hi-Rez. If you want to play battle royal there plenty of other games that already exist

how do you know? did u search or made a voting? HMMMM lets see... shall we?
From over 26 million registered game users 
4 million registered forum users = 15% of the player base
The highest number of people ever online was 60k,  lets say 40k daily = 1% of player base who uses the forum.
In any threads be it a good idea or a bad suggestion, theres usually a max total of 30-40 players talking per thread 
(just making it really high to help numbers, as it would be mostly 20, after all theres not even near that much in this thread, but anyway back to math...).
With that, those 40 players in that one thread/topic...
end up representing  0,1%
from the 1% of the active forum users players
from the 15% of registered users in the forum

So take care when assuming things like MAJORITY and MOST if you cant back it up at all

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

I'd rather DE focus on making Warframe better than chasing trends.

Also I'm pretty sure there will be plenty more Battle Royal games coming out in the future so you should be able to fine one you like eventually.

1 minute ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

hey man just stop saying things like majority and you're fine

If people wanted to play a Battle Royale game, they'd play Fortnite or PUBG or any of the other games that want to reach their level of success. People don't come into Warframe for Battle Royale. DE's engine isn't built for Battle Royale, plus they've already got enough on their plate as it is. It's not gonna happen.

Take a look at Lunaro if you want to see what happens when DE jumps on the design trend bandwagon.

1 minute ago, --Q--Stryker said:

If people wanted to play a Battle Royale game, they'd play Fortnite or PUBG or any of the other games that want to reach their level of success. People don't come into Warframe for Battle Royale. DE's engine isn't built for Battle Royale, plus they've already got enough on their plate as it is. It's not gonna happen.

Take a look at Lunaro if you want to see what happens when DE jumps on the design trend bandwagon.

NO one said they came here for it, as no one came here because of lunaro or  conclave.
What was stated since the start was that "it would be interesting or it would be funny or it would be cool" no one really is asking for one. 
Besides no one really asked for Lunaro either, and Conclave no one plays because its stupid to nerf everything for sakes of balance. 

Like i said before, several MMO games have open pvp rooms/areas with no rules attached to skills or balance, is a place just for fun. 
Yet you dont need to go there to experience the game, thats totally optional and theres no prizes or ranking for going there.
Its not because you dont like something that others cannot enjoy that, its kinda simple  like that, after all no one is forcing you to go play Lunaro or Conclave either.

3 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

and Conclave no one plays because its stupid to nerf everything for sakes of balance.

And that's exactly what they'd do to a BR mode so everyone doesn't sit with [insert OP weapon here] and shoot anything that moves. If they balance it like Conclave, no one plays it according to your logic. If they let us mod like PvE everyone would use the exact same loadout and it would get boring.

And disregarding whether or not people are asking for it, Their Engine is not intended for things like that. Just like some people have asked for destructible environments like in Red Faction Guerilla, it's not as easy as "isobject destructible = yes" (I know that's not how coding works, it's just for an expression). For the effort needed to set that up compared to the potential audience, it wouldn't be worth the time and money.

9 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

Like i said before, several MMO games have open pvp rooms/areas with no rules attached to skills or balance, is a place just for fun. 
Yet you dont need to go there to experience the game, thats totally optional and theres no prizes or ranking for going there.

Also, I have never heard of any location like this in any game that doesn't offer some kind of reward/incentive. I'm legit wondering what you're referring to.

Cause that's what we need. More battle royal games.

Bonus points for ones clumsly hamfisted into games purely to capitalize on the craze. Why not triple down and add it to a game that has a very niche PvP audience and whoes PvP is widely considered unbalanced and broken?

What could possibly go wrong?

4voslTw.jpg

17 minutes ago, --Q--Stryker said:

And that's exactly what they'd do to a BR mode so everyone doesn't sit with [insert OP weapon here] and shoot anything that moves. If they balance it like Conclave, no one plays it according to your logic. If they let us mod like PvE everyone would use the exact same loadout and it would get boring.

And disregarding whether or not people are asking for it, Their Engine is not intended for things like that. Just like some people have asked for destructible environments like in Red Faction Guerilla, it's not as easy as "isobject destructible = yes" (I know that's not how coding works, it's just for an expression). For the effort needed to set that up compared to the potential audience, it wouldn't be worth the time and money.

Also, I have never heard of any location like this in any game that doesn't offer some kind of reward/incentive. I'm legit wondering what you're referring to.

well people enjoyed Dark Sector Rail Wars, and it was really broken having almost no balance at all. 

They used to have destructible enviroments before, not to the extent of Red Faction Guerrila, which would not make sense at all. But people remember how great it was using volt to cause permanent black outs inside ships and having to walk in the dark.

So just because their engine is not intended for doing that, people can't even imagine about it? or how interesting it would or could be? again no one is asking for it, they are just ideas, you're simple causing problem for nothing lol

but dont bother i'm done for tonight ciao

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

1 minute ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

So just because their engine is not intended for doing that, people can't even imagine about it?

17 minutes ago, --Q--Stryker said:

For the effort needed to set that up compared to the potential audience, it wouldn't be worth the time and money.

DE is a company. Their priority isn't if people like it or not, it's whether or not they'll make money off of it. If it wouldn't be worth the investment they're most likely not gonna do it.

DE's not working on one, and realistically, never will. PVP and Warframe quite frankly don't gel well together, so it only makes financial sense that DE wouldn't waste resources on something that would, at best, provide a tiny, tiny stream of revenue.

1 hour ago, --Q--Stryker said:

DE is a company. Their priority isn't if people like it or not, it's whether or not they'll make money off of it. If it wouldn't be worth the investment they're most likely not gonna do it.

again ITS  JUST IMAGINING, no one is demanding nothing geez, besides Conclave does not help DE getting money, nor Lunaro as you cant use your platinum/cash to buy the prizes/skins from there. Flappy Zephyr and the Wyrmius game also dont give them any money, but they still did those, and of course Warframe Fightez will also end up following that line.
So didnt even need to go outside to other games in order to debunk you

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

17 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

Flappy Zephyr and the Wyrmius game also dont give them any money, but they still did those, and of course Warframe Fightez will also end up following that line.
So didnt even need to go outside to other games in order to debunk you

Cute, you think there's something to debunk.

Those mini-games wouldn't take nearly the same amount of time and investment as an entirely new game mode for a large group of people. Frame Fighter (you know, the actual name) started out as a joke post one person made on Reddit. It'll most likely be something for people to play at Tennocon then scrapped.

24 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

besides Conclave does not help DE getting money, nor Lunaro as you cant use your platinum/cash to buy the prizes/skins from there.

Arcata Riv skin for plat says hi. Also, you can trade the mods you can get (including stances like Tempo Royale) from conclave and the Captura scenes. And if they pay for it with plat it's gotta come from somewhere.

2 hours ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

well people enjoyed Dark Sector Rail Wars, and it was really broken having almost no balance at all. 

They used to have destructible enviroments before, not to the extent of Red Faction Guerrila, which would not make sense at all. But people remember how great it was using volt to cause permanent black outs inside ships and having to walk in the dark.

So just because their engine is not intended for doing that, people can't even imagine about it? or how interesting it would or could be? again no one is asking for it, they are just ideas, you're simple causing problem for nothing lol

but dont bother i'm done for tonight ciao

Dark Sector Rail wars were just cheese fests of 5-6 specific frames that were unbalanced, leaving the combat to be much desired for anyone not already directly engaged with the clans ruling the systems. Because of this unbalanced combat new players looking to get into the rail wars were directly disadvantaged and frankly easily put off from it. The same clans then eventually started to form mega alliances with alt accounts, bullied smaller clans out of the conflicts entirely, offered absurd payouts for people to fight for them to "build their popularity" among the people, and went so far as DDoS DE several times during conflicts just so they would win the rail fight. The Rails' destruction is the most justified removal of content from this game that has ever occurred in the years it has been open.

Destructible lights by one singular Warframe, lights that broke inconsistently, is hardly destructible environments.

Eh, I cant imagine any enjoyment out of it because I know DE cannot afford the servers, so anything they would scrape together would either be plagued by poor connection or outsourced to Tenno-hosted servers, and such easily abused.

Edited by NeithanDiniem