Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop Trolling On Capture Missions

kyori

I'm sure I'm not the first one on this. Please stop trolling turning a capture mission into an exterminate mission. Players chose to do capture mission because it is fast. If you want capture mission not to go as fast, please redesign capture mission into something more challenging or time consuming by adding some bullet sponge bodyguards etc. Though I am sure many players would not like that. So please stop trolling.

11 minutes ago, kyori said:

I'm sure I'm not the first one on this. Please stop trolling turning a capture mission into an exterminate mission. Players chose to do capture mission because it is fast. If you want capture mission not to go as fast, please redesign capture mission into something more challenging or time consuming by adding some bullet sponge bodyguards etc. Though I am sure many players would not like that. So please stop trolling.

You know most people aren't trolling right? Its Pubs, some people are there to also explore and loot/have some fun. Not everyone is intent on bum rushing missions as fast as possible. Especially if they are newer players.

If you play pubs you can't guarantee everyone is there for the same reason. What you have described isn't trolling. It's just a conflict of goals.

Edit: I misunderstood the OP. OOps.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

1 - it's random when it happens

2 - doing the capture on it's own means you are doing a very ineficient gameplay. Kills, destoying crates, searching for rare containers or statues along the way (meaning you don't see the same room twice) is what makes the mission profitable in terms of credits, resources, endo, mods and so on

3 - Killing means you have an easier time to reach to the target and to extract, so the potential for the mission to go faster exists, without anyone falling down

4 - killing, if if the mission goes slower (like excaliburs at MR0 walking on the map slow), is still a better option, when you play the game either you kill or you move to get the next kill, just moving from point A to point B means you are losing content, especially visible on the long run, like after 300 captures, a player doing 2 kills per capture will be a shadow of someone doing 200, remember that efficient players will always play with themselves in all missions, so even if you benefit from the loot once, your gameplay will always bring you to your own efficiency level and that will lead to more grind and more gameplay.

5 - top efficiency is fast mission with lot's of kills, so players killing in captures aren't trolling you, they are maximizing the gameplay as best as they can.

6 - you might get great things from doing kills, like fighting the juggernaut, rare mods that may pop up, unlocking rivens and much more

22 minutes ago, zNightWolfz said:

you know sometimes missions do change and its no ones doing its part of the game just complete the exterminate when it happens no need to complain and whinge over it

You know that aborting the mission and doing actual capture again is faster, right? Especially if it's not PUG.

Does it really happen that often for you? Change in mission happens very rare for me. But then again, I havent done a pure capture farm in a while. Maybe capture missions has it happen more often than other mission types?

6 minutes ago, zNightWolfz said:

doesnt happen often enough spys missions do it alot more when people set the alarms of

Spies at least make sense, if you set off the alarms, you've blown your cover, and so you gotta do what you gotta do to finish the mission. But Captures turning into exterminations when no one even knows you are there is plain stupid.

Well usually when it happens you are tasked with killing only a few dozens of enemies, so it doesn't take too long either. Though I do agree when you just want to do a fast alert for a specific reward it kinda blows when it happens. Luckily it seems to be fairly rare, at least on my end.