Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Semi-First Person Option

TheAcey

I see a few games {PUBG} that are Third Person Shooters but when they aim down sights it changes to First Person. I understand making the entirety of warframe first person would be extreme hard so maybe adding the option to change to first person only when aiming down sights would be more viable. I always like to look down my iron sights and line up my shots
  •  

for iron sights to work the guns need to have them to begin with. Almost none of the guns have functional geometry you could do that with. However I"d like a faux-first person mode where the camera is roughly where our head is, this has been done plenty of times before by modders in the Fallout Series (it's how the 'see your legs' mod works), and since the camera already has movement options, it wouldn't be impossible for them to implement an optional 'first person' mode.

Just don't expect it to look good.

26 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

Just don't expect it to look good.

Then it isn't going to be done. 

5 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

Because some people like first person?

Then they should play FPSs if they are so opposed to a TPS.

15 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

Liking first person perspective doesn't mean you hate third person perspective. As many games have shown us, you can have both.

Those games were built on that base though for having both. A lot of the guns in those games also have iron sights, acogs, and many other first person weapon designs. None of those things are in Warframe because it was purely built as a TPS. All the gun models are made for third person, so asking for first person for Warframe is like asking for a t-bone steak at a vegan restaurant.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Jaztok said:

Those games were built on that base though for having both. A lot of the guns in those games also have iron sights, acogs, and many other first person weapon designs. None of those things are in Warframe because it was purely built as a TPS. All the gun models are made for third person, so asking for first person for Warframe is like asking for a t-bone steak at a vegan restaurant.

Only not really, right? Because Warframe could easily code in a simple camera edit considering the code for moving the camera already exists, it just wouldn't look great. That's the big difference here. Personally I don't want it either, but my big issue with this thread is people saying "Why would you want that?" or making weird analogies that don't really hold up to argue their points. Just say you don't like it.

Edited by Pent_

Just now, Pent_ said:

Only not really, right? Because Warframe could easily code in a simple camera rotation. That's the big difference here. Personally I don't want it either, but my big issue with this thread is people saying "Why would you want that?" or making weird analogies that don't really hold up to argue their points. Just say you don't like it.

I don't think it is as simple as you make it out to be because everything would look like crap. If it looks like crap, it's not worth the time. You are also severely underestimating how simple coding can be. It can be a pain in the neck for the slight change, and yes, even camera angles. You also have no right to tell me I can't make weird analogies, so here is one for you. You telling me I can't do something like make an analogy is like a person trying to stop a stampede of rhinos. It won't work.

13 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok fine. They add a first person mode. No one uses it because it would be the most disorienting this ever.

i would use it. but really all they have to do is make it like the sinper sights. i'm happy with that being count as FPS view for aimming over anything. as long it takes the frame out of it. i would count it has FPS enough. try using Loki 2. aim down the sights. i would also be happy of that being count of first person view on aimming for third-person shooter really.

9 minutes ago, chasethegreat said:

Warframe would be TPS All the time but only when   aiming would it changed to first person and whill aiming we cant bullet jump or anything like that

Howboutno.gif (also kinda long)

seriously i can understand you wanting something like this but from where im sitting that is not a good idea because while aiming you can bullet jump or back flip and all the other methods of movement while aiming turning all those off just makes it less fluid say

example: i wanted to move quickly back while aiming shooting at something i would have to: Aim shoot lower aim and roll forward when my warframe turns around then reaim and repeat. But where as with now its aim walk backward shoot tap roll and i just back flip which moves you farther then rolling forward  but you can only back flip while aiming this game revolves around movement and doing it quickly taking our methods of movement away to aim something doesn't make must sense it would just make things more clunky 

other thoughts: I dont think it would work no matter how you slice it up to make it fit. It will either make people not want to aim to the camera shift or not do it because it disables their movement if you want a first person kinda weapon use a sniper rifle. But i dont think the effort of giving all the weapons primary and secondary in the game iron sights, scopes, other methods, or make up methods of there aiming then make sure all the weapons play nice with the new camera angle change so there is no clipping with recoil and im sure im missing a few things they would have to do it just seems like a little too much work/effort for something most people probably wont like since like others have been saying this game has been a TPS for years changing that even just for aiming will mess with people alot

Well, if you want to risk the chance of going down faster, sure why not?

The current zoom-in on scope for rifles, bows, and shotguns are designed to allow players to still have a good fov while compensating for a more accurate aim. If you utilize FPS scopes on these types of weapons, especially in a TPS, you'll have blindspots from enemies just coming out of your view, and they will take a little bit more time to notice them while taking them out with a FPS scope.

Warframe is more a mobility game rather than a point-and-click game which makes it difficult to keep a steady aim while moving around LIKE A NINJA! Sure, it's viable in gliding, but you're already more vulnerable in the air floating like a Zephyr. Imagine trying to do that with lower field of vision.

Edited by SnowWarFr

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to revive an old-ish thread but I've also wanted to see a first person added for long now, but for some reason the community seems to be very negative about it. Is it bad that some people like other things? The whole "If you dont like TPS then go play some FPS" thing is so selfish. 
I love warframe, I have thousands of hours in, and about a year or so ago I had a bug where I had a "perfect" first person bug where the camera was stuck right ahead of Ash, and you know what? it wasn't bad at all. I would love to see it become a feature, and i'm sure many would.

If it is an option, it doesn't hurt anybody, so why do you guys reject our opinion so bad? GTA V has done it, Destiny has done it, and I'm sure DE could spend a bit of time making tweaks here and there to make it look good enough.