Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get an auction house type thing please?

Scyriz1

8 hours ago, TzXtetriC said:

Well that's how auctions work. You sell a mod for 50p and receive 45p cause you pay the transaction of that sale. I don't see the problem there.

Another thing is that ppl here are too scared of making sales easier. They live in a bubble and don't want to step out of it.

If they were to add one, they can remove trading with ppl to avoid bots and plat sellers, just like black desert does and its effective.

And then the next person sells the mod for 49p, 48p, so on and so forth til you get to people who don't care, they just want something for this (at least for them) garbage and it is put up for sale for 2p. Instead of being able to get some slots for a bit of work on your part, you now have to sell a bunch of things to get a slot. Then there are the people sitting on enough Plat to single handedly buy up the entire supply of some hot item and price gouge.

You don't see the problem because you don't want to see any problems with something you want.

Sales will not get easier. This isn't fear, this is a company allowing you to trade the premium currency of a f2p game without you needing to buy it from them, at least directly. Trading is the compromise. Asking for more is literal greed.

Hello new player and welcome to Warframe

We have had this discussion many hundreds of times and have come to a consensus that we do not want an auction house in Warframe for a plethora of valid reasons.

Thank you for understanding and please enjoy your stay.

It needs little common sense to understand how this is bad to this game.

Say like you buy an apple. In domestic market you pay $5. Now suddenly all apple suppliers all over the world can sell their apples to you so you pay say $3 each from the opposite side of the planet. Now all other suppliers can never sell more than $3 coz you can literally search for the cheapest one in matter of second so the only thing they can do is to reduce the price. And it repeats until all apples are dirt cheap and essentially free to grab. There is no room for bargain for a better price coz all apples are essentially in same quality and have no difference.

As a buyer, it's of course beneficial - but in this game their is no pure buyer unless you literally pay to play and never sell stuff for plat. Which is rarely the case. You are a buyer and at the same time a petty apple supplier in the planet.

WTS/WTT/WTB something something for XX plat.

120 seconds later.

120 seconds later.

120 seconds later.

120 seconds later.

120 seconds later.

120 seconds later.

120 seconds later.

120 seconds later.

120 seconds later.

120 seconds later.

Ad infinitum.

What a great system.

17 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Say like you buy an apple. In domestic market you pay $5. Now suddenly all apple suppliers all over the world can sell their apples to you so you pay say $3 each from the opposite side of the planet. Now all other suppliers can never sell more than $3 coz you can literally search for the cheapest one in matter of second so the only thing they can do is to reduce the price. And it repeats until all apples are dirt cheap and essentially free to grab. There is no room for bargain for a better price coz all apples are essentially in same quality and have no difference.

As a buyer, it's of course beneficial - but in this game their is no pure buyer unless you literally pay to play and never sell stuff for plat. Which is rarely the case. You are a buyer and at the same time a petty apple supplier in the planet.

but wouldn't rarity/acquisition decide the price? even if you put up a auction house certain rivens will remain expensive no matter what because they're difficult to get and so there won't suddenly appear thousands of perfect riven mods on the auctions house

5 minutes ago, cghawk said:

but wouldn't rarity/acquisition decide the price? even if you put up a auction house certain rivens will remain expensive no matter what because they're difficult to get and so there won't suddenly appear thousands of perfect riven mods on the auctions house

Riven are expensive coz they are unique and you will not find an exact replacement on the market. But for everything else, as long as there is a way to farm, there will be steady supply. Uniqueness plays a very important role in auction house, which this game has almost none coz all stats are standardized for mods and warframes. Riven is the only exception. 

The point is: The trading systems works fine in all the other games! I don‘t get it! Warframe is innovative! It managed to combine so many great ideas since it started. And still it has the worst trading system I have seen so far. What is the point in all that forced interaction with other players!? Or wasting hours standing at Maroos Basar !? If I want to sell or buy, I want to do it quick. I don‘t want to waste hours of precious play time. Auction houses worked fine in all the other games I played. Wonder why they shouldn‘t work here?

Or how bout we have a Corpus specter we can leave in a relay that can act as portable trade post that stays active for 3 days or whatever would work and all sales are sent to you VIA in game mail. Make him craftable maybe, Just a idea.  Maybe create a Relay dedicated to this very function. I see tons of relay I cant even click on in the star map un-used AFAIK. perhaps a AH wouldn't work but there has to be some kind of compromise because as it is right now I feel trading is too tedious.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Marvelous_A:

What you described here is actually internet shopping. And last time I checked it worked fine ... 😉

5 minutes ago, (XB1)MattTheDemon said:

What you described here is actually internet shopping. And last time I checked it worked fine ... 😉

And this shows you have no idea what you are talking. Online shopping -

1. There is cost for storage and transportation in real life. You will take this into account when you buy something. e.g. You will not buy a hot dog from USA if you are living in China. Which in game doesn't.

2. Items are different in quality and they are unique enough to be viable for a bargain. Which in game again doesn't.

5 hours ago, cghawk said:

No!

If you could sell things without even having to be logged in, all of a sudden, you, as a seller, aren't just competing with say, the people online with a blind rage mod, you're competing with EVERYONE with an extra blind rage mod.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Marvelous_A:

And this shows you have no idea what you are talking. Online shopping -

1. There is cost for storage and transportation in real life. You will take this into account when you buy something. e.g. You will not buy a hot dog from USA if you are living in China. Which in game doesn't.

2. Items are different in quality and they are unique enough to be viable for a bargain. Which in game again doesn't.

If I check the internet I can find one and the same Item for different prices. So I will shop the cheapest one! That might as well be the one that needs to be shipped all around the world to get to me. I really don‘t have a clue what you are actually talking about.!? Storage and transportation? Most of the online sellers ship for free. That left aside: Every market will regulate itself. Always does. Rarity makes the price. Vaulting Primes takes care of that. 

So the worst that actually couldn happen, from your point of argumentation, is, that it would get easyer to collect all the Prime Items, from an easy to use marketplace. For low prices ... Doesn‘t that sound terrible .... !? 

Not really.

5 hours ago, (XB1)MattTheDemon said:

If I check the internet I can find one and the same Item for different prices. So I will shop the cheapest one! That might as well be the one that needs to be shipped all around the world to get to me. I really don‘t have a clue what you are actually talking about.!? Storage and transportation? Most of the online sellers ship for free. That left aside: Every market will regulate itself. Always does. Rarity makes the price. Vaulting Primes takes care of that. 

So the worst that actually couldn happen, from your point of argumentation, is, that it would get easyer to collect all the Prime Items, from an easy to use marketplace. For low prices ... Doesn‘t that sound terrible .... !? 

Not really.

You just can't finish reading before you make a reply don't you? I didn't deny that. Actually everything will probably become dirt cheap except a few precious. The problem is, you aren't  only buyer in Warframe market, but you are seller too. Unless you don't sell anything and pay to get plat only, I don't see how it's beneficial to players.

As for the cost, it was in seller's PoV, explaining why the market price IRL won't collapse will an online shopping system. Actually, you know what's an auction house is right? People with the highest offer getting things not the cheapest stuff get sold?

Edited by Marvelous_A

On 2018-06-13 at 10:37 PM, Scyri said:

maybe not for rivens (with their somewhat randomized nature), but for all the other items

That's funny, because the only thing an AH should be for is Rivens. Everything else would become worthless because the supply would far exceed the demand.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Marvelous_A:

You just can't finish reading before you make a reply don't you? I didn't deny that. Actually everything will probably become dirt cheap except a few precious. The problem is, you aren't  only buyer in Warframe market, but you are seller too. Unless you don't sell anything and pay to get plat only, I don't see how it's beneficial to players.

As for the cost, it was in seller's PoV, explaining why the market price IRL won't collapse will an online shopping system. Actually, you know what's an auction house is right? People with the highest offer getting things not the cheapest stuff get sold?

The topic is not specific about an „auction house“ per se, it is about how bad the actual Warframe trading system at this moment is. And if someone really tried to figure out a better one, there would be so many differend possibilities. One good example would be the Ebay system, where sellers can set a minimum price with a chance to bit, or a one click buy for a fixed price. 

My main priority for a trading system would be, making it easier for everyone to get certain items. Not how to beat the highest possible amount of cash out of other players .

As much as I would like a warframe.market system implemented into the game it will never happen. Why would DE waste resources on something that already exists?

And these threads always turnout the same, those that defend the current system who enjoy staring at a chat screen to keep prices high and those that like the convenience of something like warframe.market so they can actually play the game.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

1 hour ago, (XB1)MattTheDemon said:

So !? It‘s called „Free Market“ , and it works worldwide😉

Which is why so many small businesses are constantly closing down as they can't compete with giant corporations.

20 hours ago, (XB1)MattTheDemon said:

That left aside: Every market will regulate itself. Always does.

Ah yes, the 2008 Financial Crisis is the pinacle of the infallable market self regulation.