Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WTF now we need 2342343 forma for exalted's?

SaidTheRogue

9 minutes ago, Prime-Ares said:

I must not keep up-to-date with in-game news very well in that case.

However, I would still like to wonder despite the entire forma issue, why they can't just give Exalted stances the ability to give mod points like normal stances do. Now re-looking at a fair portion of builds; that would be a huge potential improvement for both less forma and higher overall mod capacity to get exalted weapons back to full power even faster.

The stances I'm not really sure about.  It might have been just to avoid confusion later.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

6 minutes ago, Prime-Ares said:

I must not keep up-to-date with in-game news very well in that case.

However, I would still like to wonder despite the entire forma issue, why they can't just give Exalted stances the ability to give mod points like normal stances do. Now re-looking at a fair portion of builds; that would be a huge potential improvement for both less forma and higher overall mod capacity to get exalted weapons back to full power even faster.

IMO it makes sense to give Exalteds' the same modding capacity as your WF.

Yeah I kind of wish you could add stances to exalted blade, for sure. 

The fact is that the change in general has the effect of increasing the Forma build cost for frames with Exalted weapons. Which is not friendly to new players and very well could turn them off to using frames with Exalted Weapons. The old system less so because you weren't just investing in a single frame. 

It has the inadvertent effect of resetting people who already had builds they liked which certainly doesn't feel good but at least we still have our Formad weapons. I know I was none too happy at the prospect. Not because I'm hurting for forma but because living in an XP cave is boring. 

Finally the fact that we don't get Mastery for them even tho we are still expected to by and large add at least one Forma to them and level them up. Just like any other weapon. Not getting Mastery XP is worst than the Gilding system that expects you to level your gear to 60 to get the XP.

The benefits are in theory nice but don't seem like anything they couldn't have done with the old system. I guess it's entirely possible that they tried and just couldn't get it to work? Tho it is nice that Exalted weapons are finally triggering effects like Growing Power. 

But the whole "I can use a Riven in my normal weapon now" aspect is pretty meh. Cause by and large we didn't "need" to and if you really want to get technical we always could. We just chose not to because it would have gimped our Exalted weapons. Much like the whole "No one is forcing you to put Forma in them" is technically true but would also result in gimping our Exalted weapons.

On 2018-06-15 at 12:03 AM, SaidTheRogue said:

title.

now we can mod our exalted weapons (such as mesa peacemakers, ivara artemis etcetc) separately from our weapons.

they usually have at least 1-2 polarity. ok great. but they start at 60 like normal weapons do. and now we need 2-5 forma for each frame we have? what the ---- DE...

unacceptable. perhaps make forma in the market 1plat each for a while? or something? really the only benefit to this is now, we can have rivens on our weapons without our exalted losing out since we can put a riven-less build on the exalted's themselves and all is well. but this is a rather small benefit in exchange for such a huge debit placed upon us.

not cool at all. 

I'm not sure if I prefer how things were before or just how they fit right now. Previously our weapons had influence on some of our warframes abilities, today we can make our own builds on some ultimatums. The biggest reason for this modification was that we can use other weapons, not just because they influence those abilities. But I'm really not very sure about this, because, as you said it yourself, it will cost us some more forma x)

I have better things to do then sink 2-4 forma into valkyr JUST to get my already gutted Hysteria back to where it was a month ago. Valk was one of the last frames I enjoyed after the "we don't want people using Ember" nerf and the 3rd? generation of pointless, annoying saryn changes so coming back only to discover that she now needs more work? Yeah, nah

DE: "Trap card activated!, Concealed Regrind!!" 

*Secretly improved player retention and microtransaction rates*

Most of the complaints come from players who have high sunk cost anyway so it's pretty easy to ignore 😛

It's quite entertaining when your skinner box has so many people running around inside, especially when the box is like another post game rotation of nes games lol. 

Edited by Volinus7

Mesa has spent months crying that she never gets to play with my Sicarus Prime containing my best riven.

She's all like "Waaaaaaaah, I'm THE gunslinger. Gimme THAT gun to sling!!!!!!!!"

And I'm all like "Sorry luv, it's twin grakatas for you again!"

So she's like "Call me luv once more and I'll......"

So yeah, Mesa's gonna be well chuffed and we'll be friends again.

3 minutes ago, SaidTheRogue said:

...YOU try again. Modding things separately and this forma nonsense are two very different things. Who the hell ever said they must go together? All of us here can think of ideas off the top of our head which would make forma unnecessary. 

We obviously knew they would go together. Making builds require formaing. Formaing requires forma. This was obvious and exactly as expected.

There's nothing "obvious" about it. This is an online game, and all such games are just a bunch of one's and zeroes on a server somewhere.. 

One of the ten different ways they could have avoided this was make the default capacity 74. Or perhaps 80. Or 100. When something is just ones and zeros, a little secret for ya.. you can remake it however you see fit. They could've made the capacity 1000. Whatever.

If you wanna stay locked in some rigid and strangely arbitrary frame of thought hey fine, but it's not a reason why putting things back to where they used to be to begin with has to be such a grind. 

7 minutes ago, SaidTheRogue said:

There's nothing "obvious" about it. This is an online game, and all such games are just a bunch of one's and zeroes on a server somewhere.. 

One of the ten different ways they could have avoided this was make the default capacity 74. Or perhaps 80. Or 100. When something is just ones and zeros, a little secret for ya.. you can remake it however you see fit. They could've made the capacity 1000. Whatever.

If you wanna stay locked in some rigid and strangely arbitrary frame of thought hey fine, but it's not a reason why putting things back to where they used to be to begin with has to be such a grind. 

"such a grind"

aka like half an hour and three forma.  Three forma that should have been long since built considering we'd been well informed that this change would be happening beforehand.

20 minutes ago, SaidTheRogue said:

There's nothing "obvious" about it. This is an online game, and all such games are just a bunch 

You do realize this us a grind game that people play for the grind and enjoy. If you do t wanna grind you can just stop.