Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polarities on Exalted Weapons

Kurambik

Why do most of them have the majority of the polarities as non-Vs? There are at least 3 essential mods per slot that require Vs and a Peacemaker build literally requires almost all Vs

Also normal melee weapons usually benefit from a couple of extra mod points from their stance. The stance on Exalted melees offers no additional polarities especially when considering that mods like Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fury, Condition Overload, and two other mods that I will refrain from mentioning (spoilers) all have high capacity drain

Good examples to follow:

As an example of how a GOOD base polarisation could be, let us look at Artemis Bow, I managed to fit this build (which is pretty standard for any hybrid rifle):

Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense
Malignant Force, High Voltage, Hunter Munitions, Vigilante Armaments

with 0 forma by only taking Malignant Force down from rank 3 to 2 which is still reasonably serviceable. This way, one would be able to spend forma if they are willing to go the extra mile and optimise but are not heavily punished if they don't want/aren't able to do so.

For a second good example in terms of melee, we take a look at Nami Skyla Prime, where I was able to fit the following build WITH AN UNMATCHING STANCE:

Primed Pressure Point, Condition Overload, Drifting Contact, Bloodrush/Primed Reach,
Virulent Scourge, Voltaic Strike, Berserker, Organ Shatter.

Now this would be superb for exalted melees because Bloodrush, being a very expensive mod, is not available and would hive room for those who would maybe like to slot in Primed Reach (Say for Valkyr or Wukong who really benefit from it and is also a rather expensive mod)

Edited by Kurambik

37 minutes ago, Kurambik said:

Why do most of them have the majority of the polarities as non-Vs? There are at least 3 essential mods per slot that require Vs and a Peacemaker build literally requires almost all Vs

i wept when i saw 1 madurai and 2 naramon on regulator pistols like WTF thanks for increasing grind unnecessarily DE.

what i was using before

vfzVf7k.jpg

what it is now

dgB58Ga.jpg

Edited by EinheriarJudith

In addition, we never received any forma. I have only a few crafted forma, and now i need nearly two or three times the amount to fix the exalted weapons. And with frames like mesa where she's needed on daily basis, this is highly frustrating.

We need these exalted weapons to not consume forma and their rank be tied with the warframe's rank.

Edited by scourge213

Yeah thats the problem now.. Suddenly i need to farm forma blueprints.. And need to re-level my exalted weapons..

ZZZ.. They said they will well polarize those slots for us.. But just 3 at the end... Should have at least 4...

3 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

what i was using before

And you were using 90% elementals. A lot of people use dual-stats instead, that's 7/8 mods that have a V polarity. 

Personally I think this was approached incorrectly, rather than giving them polarities based on the most expensive mods, the polarities should have been given to accommodate the "mandatory" mods like base damage, multishot, attack speed, etc which are all Vs. I know that for pistols Primed Heated charge is probably the most expensive but I don't think it's that mandatory given the importance of weighting damage types to optimise your procs

6 minutes ago, TheHunterHathus said:

also this ^

Which part of it specifically? If you are referring to the stats then they are irrelevant because that's how they've been for ages now (check the wiki)

If you are referring to the lack of stance capacity then you are right it is a very good point. I'll make a note of it in my post.

hace 3 minutos, Kurambik dijo:

Which part of it specifically? If you are referring to the stats then they are irrelevant because that's how they've been for ages now (check the wiki)

If you are referring to the lack of stance capacity then you are right it is a very good point. I'll make a note of it in my post.

Im referring to potential of scale the amount of damage beyond its original

18 minutes ago, Kurambik said:

And you were using 90% elementals. A lot of people use dual-stats instead, that's 7/8 mods that have a V polarity. 

Personally I think this was approached incorrectly, rather than giving them polarities based on the most expensive mods, the polarities should have been given to accommodate the "mandatory" mods like base damage, multishot, attack speed, etc which are all Vs. I know that for pistols Primed Heated charge is probably the most expensive but I don't think it's that mandatory given the importance of weighting damage types to optimise your procs

I personally think it sucks to have to level up several mods that I already have a set of if I want to use an exalted weapon with an actual weapon of the type. I only have one jolt, because I didn't know I would need another 😞

Honestly, I think they should just make Exalted weapons not use mod points. Warframes with Exalted weapons have to spend double if not more forma than other Warframes to reach their optimal builds. It isn't a very friendly system for new players, and just annoys veteran players who have to waste time getting their favorite Warframes back up to spec.

Edit: On top of which, it also incentives players to not play Warframes that haven't had their Prime versions released yet. I already know I'm not going to bother doing anything with Mesa because I don't want to waste a ridiculous amount of forma all over again once her Prime variant is released.

Edited by Zyion

Ugh. I had a suspicion they were going to do this. And they'll probably refuse to change it because "well some people probably already spent forma, it would be unfair!"

Most weapon builds are almost entirely V polarities and DE is 100% aware of that. I guess the lack of things to grind from the quest must have really made them want to try to eke out a ton of forma somewhere else.

Just now, OvisCaedo said:

Ugh. I had a suspicion they were going to do this. And they'll probably refuse to change it because "well some people probably already spent forma, it would be unfair!"

Most weapon builds are almost entirely V polarities and DE is 100% aware of that. I guess the lack of things to grind from the quest must have really made them want to try to eke out a ton of forma somewhere else.

I'm actually surprised they didn't put any D-polarities on Exalted weapons just to mess with us. God knows that they add D-polarities all the time onto weapons that never use them.

21 minutes ago, ssj782 said:

I personally think it sucks to have to level up several mods that I already have a set of if I want to use an exalted weapon with an actual weapon of the type. I only have one jolt, because I didn't know I would need another 😞

as far as I know mods are shares you don't need another set

1 minute ago, Zyion said:

I'm actually surprised they didn't put any D-polarities on Exalted weapons just to mess with us. God knows that they add D-polarities all the time onto weapons that never use them.

Not putting enough Vs is not that much of an improvement. We do not have much choice in terms of naramon polarities apart from elementals and a few miscellaneous mods here and there. Personally I always go for dual stats just to save up on some forma when I mod this way I am kind of forced to use 90% elementals and it costs even more forma than if I were to mod for them directly because the essential mods like multishot, attack speed, damage, etc are not covered

2 minutes ago, Kurambik said:

Not putting enough Vs is not that much of an improvement. We do not have much choice in terms of naramon polarities apart from elementals and a few miscellaneous mods here and there. Personally I always go for dual stats just to save up on some forma when I mod this way I am kind of forced to use 90% elementals and it costs even more forma than if I were to mod for them directly because the essential mods like multishot, attack speed, damage, etc are not covered

Yeah, there isn't a weapon build in existence that doesn't use at least 3 Madurai polarities. If they really wanted to help players out with Exalted weapons, they should have given us 3 Madurai polarities from the start. And I rarely ever need more than one Naramon polarity, and that is because I need a slot for a Cold elemental mod to get viral.

Just adding another voice to the chorus here because I play a lot of Valkyr, and well, I'm going to have to dump Forma into her Talons to have anything approaching the build I used to use. I firmly agree with the fact that DE knew 100% in advance that Madurai Polarities would be what people wanted, and made these decisions intentionally. I'm pretty miffed. My overall impression of the update is positive, but this is a massive, massive middle finger to anyone using a frame with an Exalted weapon. I understand Umbra not having much, because he's a warframe everyone gets for free, but there's *no* reason to treat every other frame this way.

A nice compromise would've been to give us a little screen with "Your warframe possesses X polarities, polarize weapon now?" as a one-time thing for this update to give us as many polarities as we have on our Warframes. That way those of us who HAVE put in work would get *something*.

I honestly wouldn't even be as mad if we just got no polarities, but putting on so many Naramon polarities is just a slap in the face.

5 minutes ago, 8r8kSpider said:

Just adding another voice to the chorus here because I play a lot of Valkyr, and well, I'm going to have to dump Forma into her Talons to have anything approaching the build I used to use.

Being a big Valkyr player myself, I know your pain. Although your pain isn't nearly as bad as Mesa/Titania/Wukong players who are going to have to spend a bunch of forma all over again on the currently unreleased Prime variants. I really like Mesa, but she is going to be collecting dust in my inventory until her Prime is released. Not doing that ridiculous amount of grinding more than once.

1 hour ago, Zyion said:

Being a big Valkyr player myself, I know your pain. Although your pain isn't nearly as bad as Mesa/Titania/Wukong players who are going to have to spend a bunch of forma all over again on the currently unreleased Prime variants. I really like Mesa, but she is going to be collecting dust in my inventory until her Prime is released. Not doing that ridiculous amount of grinding more than once.

Yes that is a good point. I am constantly telling Mesa players to hold off on forma until December (let's face it, anyone whose been around a while practically knows in which order we are gonna get the primse even though they are far from being announced).

2 hours ago, kylooooren said:

You only need 1 or 3 forma on them, it's not that bad.

Yeah or 5-6 for Mesa.

I think honestly this whole situation is ridiculous. When Mesa Prime will arrive, we will have to spend twice the amount of formas to make her viable ? I really hope by that time, a Forma applied to a Warframe with Exalted Weapon will propose you to chose the polarity on both your Warframe and its Weapon.

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Yeah or 5-6 for Mesa.

I think honestly this whole situation is ridiculous. When Mesa Prime will arrive, we will have to spend twice the amount of formas to make her viable ? I really hope by that time, a Forma applied to a Warframe with Exalted Weapon will propose you to chose the polarity on both your Warframe and its Weapon.

You don't need 5-6 on Mesa, you already have 3 Polarities on her, only need 6 or 7.

Why not just give unlimited mod capasity for exalted weapons so that i don't have to spend forma and time to get my builds back to the power level where they already were before update?

Edited by JuGGaStyle