The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necessary Upgrades In the Wake of The Sacrifice

Tellakey

The Apostasy Prologue had set the stage for change, and the Sacrifice took it past the point of no return. I believe it's time a few tweaks were made:

• Remove the Lotus from the intercom and replace it with a combination of Ordis and Operator. The Sacrifice showcased how well the Ordis-Tenno combo works. I see no reason this shouldn't continue canonically.
  • Remove a few inconsistent lines like "Make the Lotus proud."

If Umbra is a series, a dominant upcoming feature, it must be elaborated upon. A simple gimmick is not enough. Expand on the Umbra-Operator due mechanic.

• Much like a Bethesda game's companion system, allow us to tweak Umbra's approach to combat. Aggressiveness, defense mode, energy consumption and what have you. 
  • If technically plausible, let Umbra access parkour so it doesn't feel like he's merely an overpowered specter who hardly moves around and gets one-shot by high-level mobs.
  • Give Umbra some input on the field. In other words, retain control of his abilities (1234) in Operator form. Additionally, hotkey an "attack this target" option.
  • Create a synergetic cross-attack between Umbra and Operator, similar to Focus 1.0's void beam, complete with a cooldown or special criteria.
  • Let Umbra wander about the Liset while we're using Operator.
  • Just for fun, allow Umbra and Operator to shake hands if we approach Umbra with the gesture.

If you are in favor please comment. Let's ensure DE takes this feedback to heart :D

Thoughts?

Edited by Tellakey

Yes , remove anything belongs to Lotus including helmet from ship. I don't want to see her anymore , glad she is gone ( hopefully never returns ).

I'd love more mechanics involving Umbra-Operator coop action tho

Edited by Aeon94

22 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Yes , remove anything belongs to Lotus including helmet from ship. I don't want to see her anymore , glad she is gone ( hopefully never returns ).

Now if only more people showed interest, cuz otherwise I doubt DE would do anything about this.

I'd prefer a proper replacement for the Lotus as our 'advisor', rather then a patchjob between Operator and Ordis, two characters I always have on mute because they're god annoying.

Also, feedback should go in the feedback subforums if you expect DE to look at it.

Edited by Lanadra

59 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Go step on a lego!

I want my Space Mom back. 

14 minutes ago, Lanadra said:

I'd prefer a proper replacement for the Lotus as our 'advisor', rather then a patchjob between Operator and Ordis, two characters I always have on mute because they're god annoying.

Also, feedback should go in the feedback subforums if you expect DE to look at it.

Teshin would fit the bill as a proper replacement as he's been a major plot point in the game for a bit. Going as far as showing su the truth about margulis.

Seems like a more realistic guide than the lotus at this point. Or we could just become free mercenaries.

2 minutes ago, Rivyn said:

Go step on a lego!

I want my Space Mom back. 

You want Space Mom back ? The person who left you for her lover , joined her sentient army and possibly try to destroy you in future ?

3 minutes ago, Vilemyre said:

Teshin would fit the bill as a proper replacement as he's been a major plot point in the game for a bit. Going as far as showing su the truth about margulis.

Seems like a more realistic guide than the lotus at this point. Or we could just become free mercenaries.

I vote for Darvo, I still remember those missions of his that had him as an advisor.

Hell, they could go the Starcraft 2 route and make advisor packs (yes, like those april fools Lotus Packs) and let players choose for themselves, doesn't necessarily have to be lore friendly, I reckon plenty would jump at a Vay Hek one. Even if I personally prefer more.. realistic options like Teshin or Darvo.

Edited by Lanadra

1 hour ago, Tellakey said:
  • Remove the Lotus from the intercom and replace it with a combination of Ordis and Operator. The Sacrifice showcased how well the Ordis-Tenno combo works. I see no reason this shouldn't continue canonically.
  • Remove a few inconsistent lines like "Make the Lotus proud."
  • Much like a Bethesda game's companion system, allow us to tweak Umbra's approach to combat. Aggressiveness, defense mode, energy consumption and what have you. 
  • Give Umbra some input on the field. In other words, retain control of his abilities (1234) in Operator form. Additionally, hotkey an "attack this target" option.

Those are the biggest ones for me. I wanted mom back but now I can't wait until we can chase her to the Tau system and just destroy her.

And being able to be more interactive with friend Excalibur would be awesome. DE already has the Venari command system, could do something similar for the Operator/Umbra.

Now if only more people showed interest, cuz otherwise I doubt DE would do anything about this.

I would welcome more mission control characters...

But doubt they would do anything about this, period.

• Much like a Bethesda game's companion system, allow us to tweak Umbra's approach to combat. Aggressiveness, defense mode, energy consumption and what have you. 
  • If technically plausible, let Umbra access parkour so it doesn't feel like he's merely an overpowered specter who hardly moves around and gets one-shot by high-level mobs.
  • Create a synergetic cross-attack between Umbra and Operator, similar to Focus 1.0's void beam, complete with a cooldown or special criteria.
  • Just for fun, allow Umbra and Operator to shake hands if we approach Umbra with the gesture.

i agree 1 million percent, but DE totally deserves a break right now... They worked so hard!

1 hour ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Yes, I would like Lotus removed.

It's wierd that Ordis is still showing her to me after what she did.

Ahh... I mean, I think she's been manipulated. There is a clear struggle going on. On the one hand she abandons us, on the other she makes sure we see Ballas' intervention. On the one hand she leaves, on the other she links memories of Umbra to her helmet. Question is, does the Lotus fight herself, or is it Margulis who resists the manipulated Lotus?

Yeah, if we're not getting the Lotus back soon I'd like to see her transmissions changed. I'd also like to at least see like a 'hold transference button to give context commands' (attack this enemy, guard this position/return to me). I'd also like to see a different form of being reduced to zero as the operator, where if you have an Umbra equipped they will jump in and shield you once every x seconds, but forcing you back into the frame, preventing the first instance of transference static. Also, Umbra wandering or following us around our Liset, and interactions with him as the Operator are things I definitely want.

50 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Ahh... I mean, I think she's been manipulated. There is a clear struggle going on. On the one hand she abandons us, on the other she makes sure we see Ballas' intervention. On the one hand she leaves, on the other she links memories of Umbra to her helmet. Question is, does the Lotus fight herself, or is it Margulis who resists the manipulated Lotus?

I think it's actually the other way around. Margulis is dead, but through our memories Natah made herself to look, sound, and act like Margulis so that we would trust her. I believe we somehow twisted Natah into the Lotus, and Ballas severing her connection to us allowed Natah to regain some semblance of her true self. We did change her though, and I think there may be a fight going on in her mind trying to settle on her old true self and her new Lotus self.

18 minutes ago, Tarak said:

I think it's actually the other way around. Margulis is dead, but through our memories Natah made herself to look, sound, and act like Margulis so that we would trust her. I believe we somehow twisted Natah into the Lotus, and Ballas severing her connection to us allowed Natah to regain some semblance of her true self. We did change her though, and I think there may be a fight going on in her mind trying to settle on her old true self and her new Lotus self.

Then what do you make of Lotus speaking to Ballas as Margulis and vice versa in The Apostasy?

Edit: Oh nvm I guess.

I personally think Margulis collaborated with sentient Natah to create the Lotus before Margulis died. Either that or Ballas specifically created Natah to resurrect Margulis.

Edited by Tellakey

21 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Then what do you make of Lotus speaking to Ballas as Margulis and vice versa in The Apostasy?

I personally think Margulis collaborated with sentient Natah to create the Lotus before Margulis died. Either that or Ballas specifically created Natah to resurrect Margulis.

Margulis actually cares about us. She is our real mom. She sacrificed herself for us. I dont know what lotus is doing but i think we might find out

Plus what you said OP:

I would really like to see that kind of "save" Umbra did with us when (Natah-Lotus-Alien3.0) shows up and the Sentients attack us... He immediately grab us and put away.... THAT WAS SO COOL, pls add that feature, Umbra "taking bullets" to save his "new" friend, who understood his pain and who made him finally rest from his madnes. Oh boy chills to me again.

8 hours ago, Tellakey said:

I think the most likely chain of events is that part of Ballas' plan involved recommending the Sentient use our memories to create a pseudo-Margulis to help make us trust them, while also kind of recreating his lost love, albeit not truly Margulis.