Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When is the Sacrifice Update coming to consoles?

Bit speculative I admit, but: the Twitch Drops news item shows the first item (the Operator Diadem) dropping June 15-16 and June 22-23; since the first date(s) followed the PC release of The Sacrifice, perhaps the second date(s) are to follow the console release...

Edited by Am0rph15
shortening

I just caught the tail end of the Xbox One @ 1 Twitch feed.

In a nutshell, DE Megan said they were doing everything they can to get this update to us before Tennocon - but she also said that only gives them (paraphrasing) "18 days to get a massive update out/through cert/etc." and that "they could use our continued love and support."

She also said that, worst case scenario, it will come the week after Tennocon, and that, regardless, they won't have any Sacrifice spoilers at Tennocon.

So basically, we *should* have The Sacrifice within the next 4 weeks.

On 2018-06-15 at 5:35 PM, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Mid or late July is popular belief.

Early August is my prediction. I expect it to have a long Cert process due to how much of the Client it changes.

As far as I know, which is the better part of the last year and a half that I've been playing, we've never had to wait more then a month for an update after pc got it. Might I point out PoE? That update had quite a bit of changes including a GIANT #*!%ING OPEN WORLD and we still got it a month after Pc did. If anything we'll get it by the end of June or early July 

45 minutes ago, (XB1)KetsuekiTenshi9 said:

As far as I know, which is the better part of the last year and a half that I've been playing, we've never had to wait more then a month for an update after pc got it. Might I point out PoE? That update had quite a bit of changes including a GIANT #*!%ING OPEN WORLD and we still got it a month after Pc did. If anything we'll get it by the end of June or early July 

This is why I mentioned the Game Client. Changing the User Interface also changes the Client itself.

PoE added new areas, items, etc.

But Sacrifice overhauls the game scripts to its core. Swapping out the interface involves addressing how the client interacts with the servers, how everything responds, & how everything is displayed.

Press x to select a item. That script is now changed.

Scrolling through items, inventory, etc. That script is now changed.

When you pick up items/resources, how the game adds & subtracts resources. That's all sub-systems of the clientside UI.

So while Sacrifice won't drop a huge chunk of land like PoE it will change the coding/scripting of Warframe. Which we can debate is a bigger change in its own merit.

Add in all the issues PC has discovered with the UI. Item names only showing when the cursor is over them, inventory sorting being wonky (I think this got fixed or only effected a few players...haven't checked pc hotfixes at the time of posting this.), etc.

So its a significant update & given how hostile the console community has been towards just testing a small portion of the new UI (the cursor). I doubt DE will risk releasing it to Console in a buggy/half complete manner & thus incur even more of the wrath of the Console Community.

I know they won't release it with the current hybrid UI Console currently has either.

So factor in, hotfixes development & releases for: Quest Bugs, UI Bugs, UI refinement, UI feature development(to fix/address QoL issues)

Now factor in that once the content & Ui is now up to par; DE now has to develop/compress all that into a console compatible patch, then submit it for cert, then it will undergo the cert testing Sony & MS will do to ensure its up to par & won't break consoles. Once again with the Client being overhauled the Cert process will probably take longer as the last thing Sony & MS will want is for some bad script to corrupt or brick consoles.

So yeah, that's a lot of time. I think PC has only had 2 or 3 hotfixes this far. Usually Console Content gets compiled around hotfix 6-ish...

Just now, (PS4)hacker200221 said:

So i don't Care if we get some bugs 

Ik just want toen play thé queste

but would you rather play it without bugs or play it with bugs that prevent you from finishing the quest? Cuz that's what we had to deal with on release day. 

Not to mention many couldn't even log in or update their launcher thing lol 

9 minutes ago, Shoryuu said:

but would you rather play it without bugs or play it with bugs that prevent you from finishing the quest? Cuz that's what we had to deal with on release day. 

Not to mention many couldn't even log in or update their launcher thing lol 

O Well i didnt know it was that kinde bugs

I thaugt it were little bugs