Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When is the Sacrifice Update coming to consoles?

22 hours ago, (XB1)TwitchingFool0 said:

I just hope it gets here before Tennocon as I don't want to be spoiled by any reveals that happen. Most we can do is hope.

This was/is likely the goal; a more universal “cursor” UI in terms of functionality was probably a way to streamline the process, even if it gets a bit testy like a mini-Ordis.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

52 minutes ago, (PS4)hacker200221 said:

O Well i didnt know it was that kinde bugs

I thaugt it were little bugs

Nah, they weren't little bugs. They were very big bugs lol so you should be glad you guys get the polished version with minimum bugs lol 

1 hour ago, (PS4)PhantomReapers said:

dont blame Sony/Microsoft for update they just make sure it doesn't mess up consoles. its up to DE to release a quality update that doesn't F up consoles

True - but the point is, I think, tnat DE cannot control when Sony and Microsoft schedule/prioritise the certification; DE could submit perfect code, but if Sony is backed-up with work for other titles for weeks, DE can't jump the queue.

2 hours ago, (PS4)PhantomReapers said:

dont blame Sony/Microsoft for update they just make sure it doesn't mess up consoles. its up to DE to release a quality update that doesn't F up consoles

Actually we should blame Sony and Microsoft.  Because of them, DE can't release the updates on console same time as PC cuz they demand a stable and bug free update. That takes a long time for DE to make those polished build and for it to pass cert.

2 hours ago, Shoryuu said:

but would you rather play it without bugs or play it with bugs that prevent you from finishing the quest? Cuz that's what we had to deal with on release day. 

Not to mention many couldn't even log in or update their launcher thing lol 

This is a story quest, a major one. Anywhere o  the forums, YouTube and even Twitter u see spoilers everywhere. Even ones without warning. Or people putting spoilers in a thread with no story related to the quest in the threads goal.  You want us to just sit and get spoiled from everywhere possible. More and more people will keep playing the quest and putting spoilers out there and we'll be trying to look at something and we get spoiled. It's not fair. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Actually we should blame Sony and Microsoft.  Because of them, DE can't release the updates on console same time as PC cuz they demand a stable and bug free update. That takes a long time for DE to make those polished build and for it to pass cert.

This is a story quest, a major one. Anywhere o  the forums, YouTube and even Twitter u see spoilers everywhere. Even ones without warning. Or people putting spoilers in a thread with no story related to the quest in the threads goal.  You want us to just sit and get spoiled from everywhere possible. More and more people will keep playing the quest and putting spoilers out there and we'll be trying to look at something and we get spoiled. It's not fair. 

I was talking about bugs, what does that have to do with spoilers?

Unless somehow bugs are spoilers now? 

Edited by Shoryuu

18 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

I'm talking how you want us to wait ages for the update.

I never said I wanted consoles to get it later, I just said we find bugs when it launches so when you guys get it, it's less of a hassle to report them cuz the majority would have already been patched. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

I was happy with that excuse until this cursor debacle.

How did that originally pass cert?

Then, about 24 hours later, another update apparently went through cert pretty sharpish to fix some of the cursor problems. It wasn't a hotfix.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Umm they do though? 

We know the exact time a prime comes so people are ready to buy it and spend "$$" .

When I said "Why do you think we know the exact time/day a Prime pack come$ out?"

You realize I'm making a rhetorical question, right?

14 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I was happy with that excuse until this cursor debacle.

How did that originally pass cert?

Then, about 24 hours later, another update apparently went through cert pretty sharpish to fix some of the cursor problems. It wasn't a hotfix.

I'll be blunt.

The cursor update wasn't broken. Thats why it passed Cert.

The console community simply did not like it & threw a tantrum over it. Folks are still up in arms over it. It really wasn't that bad. Just took some getting use to & some tweeks in options. But the Console community called it trash & broken. When it really wasn't.

The minor hotfix it got just added some shortcuts & hotkeys to it. Nothing else changed.

Seeing how it dropped later that day & was pushed thru right away. It had to be labeled a hotfix as it had no cert process at all. No idea how DE pulled it off but perhaps Sony & MS were willing to let it slide?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I'll be blunt.

The console community simply did not like it & threw a tantrum over it. Folks are still up in arms over it. It really wasn't that bad. Just took some getting use to & some tweeks in options. But the Console community called it trash & broken. When it really wasn't.

The minor hotfix it got just added some shortcuts & hotkeys to it. Nothing else changed.

Seeing how it dropped later that day & was pushed thru right away. It had to be labeled a hotfix as it had no cert process at all. No idea how DE pulled it off but perhaps Sony & MS were willing to let it slide?

It actually was broken in several ways and was patched rapidly based off of feedback. It still has issues that need to be addressed as they barely work at best. That of course has nothing to do with console updates which need to be ported before tested and sent in for cert. 

I'd imagine process is make the PC version and fix any bugs. Port to PS4/Xbox (Xbox would be faster) and then retest everything. Fix any bugs that you find internally and sent in for cert. Wait for cert then release and prepare for additional hot fixes. 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I'll be blunt.

It was, and still is, broken.

Like I'd call not being able to change Warframe configuration broken. R1 and L1 don't work. Try clicking on the config with cursor and the cursor jumps to the warframe name at the top of the screen. It kept happening to me last night. Very annoying.

X often decides it ain't gonna do anything for whatever reason.

I do appreciate that what Microsoft and Sony deem broken might be different to me though.

Regardless, it was that super quick update 24 hours later that really made me wonder about this whole cert thing.

Also worth mentioning first Plague Star rotation being bust (relic never changed) on both PC and consoles. Why? Who knows.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

45 minutes ago, Shoryuu said:

I never said I wanted consoles to get it later, I just said we find bugs when it launches so when you guys get it, it's less of a hassle to report them cuz the majority would have already been patched. 

I'm just saying that you think it's better for us with less bugs but we always get spoiled and get to experience everything after everything has set down and people forgot about it.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)GmanM1 said:

When I said "Why do you think we know the exact time/day a Prime pack come$ out?"

You realize I'm making a rhetorical question, right?

Oh my bad. The flew right over my head

Edited by (PS4)joe03827

7 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

It was, and still is, broken.

Like I'd call not being able to change Warframe configuration broken. R1 and L1 don't work. Try clicking on the config with cursor and the cursor jumps to the warframe name at the top of the screen. It kept happening to me last night. Very annoying.

X often decides it ain't gonna do anything for whatever reason.

I do appreciate that what Microsoft and Sony deem broken might be different to me though.

Regardless, it was that super quick update 24 hours later that really made me wonder about this whole cert thing.

Also worth mentioning first Plague Star rotation being bust (relic never changed) on both PC and consoles. Why? Who knows.

Sony and Microsoft consider broken as unplayable or console bricking. Yeah there's still bugs with the cursor but it's far from broken, I have almost 0 issues with any of the stuff you mentioned and a lot of others don't either, they just don't like it cause it's different and not as twitchy and dpad spammy as before.

I just really hope they get this one out soon, I've already had some things spoiled and I'm getting pissed cause I wanted this to be the first time I don't just immediately go watch a video for it to find out about it. But of course people are awful and post threads with spoilers right in the title or have no spoiler tags and ruin it for everyone. There should be an option where any thread containing [spoilers] in its title should only say that and nothing else of you choose.

2 hours ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

I'm just saying that you think it's better for us with less bugs but we always get spoiled and get to experience everything after everything has set down and people forgot about it.

Oh my bad. The flew right over my head

Then try not to look at spoilers even though I know they're everywhere. No place is safe, not even the internet 

6 hours ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

There's also a huge UI overhaul packed in, which honestly needs a lot of work before consoles.

The update won't likely be out til after Tennocon, which I now can't watch bc it'll be filled with spoilers. Steve did say they're trying to get it out before TC though, so here's hoping.