Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When is the Sacrifice Update coming to consoles?

44 minutes ago, (PS4)GbHaseo said:

There's also a huge UI overhaul packed in, which honestly needs a lot of work before consoles.

The update won't likely be out til after Tennocon, which I now can't watch bc it'll be filled with spoilers. Steve did say they're trying to get it out before TC though, so here's hoping.

I believe [DE]Megan said there won't be sacrifice spoilers at tennocon (which I honestly don't believe but hey)so it should be ok.

Like I think there's be like small things that tie to the quest without any major spoilers .

4 hours ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

It was, and still is, broken.

Like I'd call not being able to change Warframe configuration broken. R1 and L1 don't work. Try clicking on the config with cursor and the cursor jumps to the warframe name at the top of the screen. It kept happening to me last night. Very annoying.

X often decides it ain't gonna do anything for whatever reason.

I do appreciate that what Microsoft and Sony deem broken might be different to me though.

Regardless, it was that super quick update 24 hours later that really made me wonder about this whole cert thing.

Also worth mentioning first Plague Star rotation being bust (relic never changed) on both PC and consoles. Why? Who knows.

To change Warframe config you cursor needs to not be hovering over on a mod.

The UI recognizes the cursor location as the "Window you're trying to change".

If its over a mod. Then L1 or R1 changes Mod polarity filter.

If over nothing it changes frame/weapon config.

As for X. For some dumb reason some items (Arcanes) require a double press of X.

I didn't say it was ideal. But the build was functional & not glitchy. The scripts however were not what console players like. Nothing on console should be double click impo.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

megan stated sacrifice is scheduled for july on console 

Danielle just said the same thing on the PS4@4 twitch. They are really trying to get it out before Tennocon, and they admit that it's a really demanding goal. Hopefully, we will get it the first two weeks of July.

Just now, (PS4)Shade0217 said:

Danielle just said the same thing on the PS4@4 twitch. They are really trying to get it out before Tennocon, and they admit that it's a really demanding goal. Hopefully, we will get it the first two weeks of July.

problem is without being a spoiler there are numerous bugs right now and quest is not repayable 

22 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

I believe [DE]Megan said there won't be sacrifice spoilers at tennocon (which I honestly don't believe but hey)so it should be ok.

Like I think there's be like small things that tie to the quest without any major spoilers .

I don't think they'll purposefully do it, but being a live event you just never know what a fan question or comment might say if someone gets invited up.

Or DE are up there joking and a slip up happens, we all know how they are after a couple beers lol.

I still remember the old VIP event before tennocon came to be when Steve was a bit tipsy and leaked some future stuff and someone there was recording and posted it. 

I love Tennocon but I also thought the smaller more intimate VIP parties were nice too. Off topic I know.. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

With the price of possibly getting half the thing spoiled : /

I know they're doing all they can but still.

The entire point of the UI update that everyone on console hates IS to make it to where console gets updates faster.

So spoilers will have less time to hit people, & new content will drop frequently.

The downside...

Console's updates will soon be less polished, bugs will be more prevailent, & hotfixes will be more numerous.

It seems the bulk of Console players seem to want new content & claim they don't care about the bugs. So I guess thats the decision.

My gut tells me once they start experiencing bugs they'll have a tantrum again...

It's a pick your poison situation...

Long update times but overall polished & mostly flawless content drops.

Or...

Short update times but with bugs, & half polished content drops.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

The entire point of the UI update that everyone on console hates IS to make it to where console gets updates faster.

So spoilers will have less time to hit people, & new content will drop frequently.

The downside...

Console's updates will soon be less polished, bugs will be more prevailent, & hotfixes will be more numerous.

It seems the bulk of Console players seem to want new content & claim they don't care about the bugs. So I guess thats the decision.

My gut tells me once they start experiencing bugs they'll have a tantrum again...

It's a pick your poison situation...

Long update times but overall polished & mostly flawless content drops.

Or...

Short update times but with bugs, & half polished content drops.

Well getting updates like with a big gap between won't keep players with the game and people will just keep leaving. If we get updates with a smaller gap with the expense of bugs people will stay and keep playing. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Well getting updates like with a big gap between won't keep players with the game and people will just keep leaving. If we get updates with a smaller gap with the expense of bugs people will stay and keep playing. 

Fair enough.

I think thats why DE is unifying the UI. To speed up update rates.

But to be fair...buggy releases will drive away players to. Especially progression stopping bugs.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Fair enough.

But to be fair...buggy releases will drive away players to. Especially progression stopping bugs.

DE released the war within in like 2 or 3 weeks. If the new cursor UI is supposed to make the updates faster, them saying they're hoping to get it before tennocon  doesn't sound confident and doesn't say that the new UI made any improvements. I'm sure DE will get it out hopefully before tennocon, but like it seems the UI did nothing in speeding things up.

Edited by (PS4)joe03827
I hate autocorrect

2 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

DE released the war within in like 2 or 3 weeks. If the new cursor UI is supposed to make the updates faster, them saying they're hoping to get it before removing doesn't sound confident and doesn't say that the new UI made any improvements. I'm sure DE will get it out hopefully before tennocon, but like it seems the UI did nothing in speeding things up.

The current cursor UI isn't the New UI. It's only 1 part of it.

All the windows, graphics, etc are changing.

Personally, I feel DE should have released more than just the cursor segment. That way folks would have a better idea of whats in the woodwork.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

The current cursor UI isn't the New UI. It's only 1 part of it.

All the windows, graphics, etc are changing.

Personally, I feel DE should have released more than just the cursor segment. That way folks would have a better idea of whats in the woodwork.

The cursor, the backbone of the whole UI is already in tho. The whole thing us that they had trouble with changing buttons and stuff from mouse into controller with a stick. It's in. The new UI Is just an interface. It doesn't have anything with the speeding things up. It's just as you said, they're changing graphics. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

The cursor, the backbone of the whole UI is already in tho. The whole thing us that they had trouble with changing buttons and stuff from mouse into controller with a stick. It's in. The new UI Is just an interface. It doesn't have anything with the speeding things up. It's just as you said, they're changing graphics. 

I believe aside from graphics the new UI is a much cleaner code & has overall better scripts & etc.

Per Steve the old Console UI was very convoluted, had lots of "spaghetti" code & had to be rebuilt from scratch for every single Console update.

This new UI supposedly fixes all that. Hence the supposedly shorter content release schedule.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I believe aside from graphics the new UI is a much cleaner code & has overall better scripts & etc.

Per Steve the old Console UI was very convoluted, had lots of "spaghetti" code & had to be rebuilt from scratch for every single Console update.

This new UI supposedly fixes all that. Hence the supposedly shorter content release schedule.

I don't know. I guess we'll see when it releases.

On 2018-06-17 at 10:31 AM, (XB1)Madness103 said:

God lets hope thats not the case...  

The specters of the rail update occurred on the 8th of July on pc and took 19 days to go through the cert process, and just to mention the biggest parts of that update: it changed the void, introduced relics, introduced the junctions, and completely changed the star-map, given that updates cert process the sacrifice should be on console somewhere around the 3rd of July. maybe a little bit later given its scale difference.

Thats my prediction.

Ii wish that wasn't the case either my prediction Is 4th week of June

12 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

To change Warframe config you cursor needs to not be hovering over on a mod.

The UI recognizes the cursor location as the "Window you're trying to change".

If its over a mod. Then L1 or R1 changes Mod polarity filter.

If over nothing it changes frame/weapon config.

As for X. For some dumb reason some items (Arcanes) require a double press of X.

I didn't say it was ideal. But the build was functional & not glitchy. The scripts however were not what console players like. Nothing on console should be double click impo.

I know how it works.

For whatever reason it decided to stop working. No matter where my cursor was the R1 and L1 for changing config didn't enable and R1 and L1 would only change the mod pages.

I've had L1 and R1 not work in numerous windows but you can generally get round it by using the cursor to click whatever page you want. But here, in the Warframe screen, when I clicked on the config the cursor would jump position on the screen to the top and nothing would happen. I ended up getting around it just by hammering X a lot.

Only happened once so far. No idea what steps I did to cause it. But it's hiding in there and for that reason ain't gonna be easy to fix.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I know how it works.

For whatever reason it decided to stop working. No matter where my cursor was the R1 and L1 for changing config didn't enable and R1 and L1 would only change the mod pages.

I've had L1 and R1 not work in numerous windows but you can generally get round it by using the cursor to click whatever page you want. But here, in the Warframe screen, when I clicked on the config the cursor would jump position on the screen to the top and nothing would happen. I ended up getting around it just by hammering X a lot.

Only happened once so far. No idea what steps I did to cause it. But it's hiding in there and for that reason ain't gonna be easy to fix.

What has this do with thé release date

15 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Fair enough.

A YouTube channel I follow reported on research findings not too long ago that included bugs. The conclusion: while bugs are not a good thing, the majority of players see them as way less bad than poor gameplay and are more likely to dump a title for poor gameplay than for bugs, tolerating titles that have good gameplay even if they have some defects. I guess the proof is Bethesda games...