Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Lotus Such An A******?

3agle

Farming my ash for 2 dozen runs and hearing the exact same intro speech every time on that mission really makes Lotus sound not very nice.

In case you don't know it, it goes like this (very slight paraphrase because I haven't been there for a week and don't remember the precise words):

"Tyl Regor is a medical researcher who's been trying to to help his suffering people by reversing the effects of a genetic deterioration condition they suffer from. KILL HIM."

...seriously, Lotus? We're going after doctors now? What's next? "This hospital is full of baby grineer. Maybe they will be a threat one day, kill all of the babies." ...it's about the same level of low.

Edited by 3agle

A lot of people has stated that "didn't felt right" to kill Tyl Regor. It's like we are not the good guys here, then.

Personally, i don't see Tenno as the good guys here, but as war "killing machines".  If Lotus said "This one. Kill him", it's not my duty to hesitate but to obey.

And it's fun killing things, that's why we all are here :)

Edited by Kachocalvo

IMHO the Grineer Empire are bent on conquering the entire Origin System and get their grubby mitts on ALL the Orokin techs. If he successfully fixes the Grineer's genetic degradation, they'd have a whole army of perfect gene clone soldiers. Tenno, Corpus and Infestation goes under Grineer boots, and Origin System goes bye-bye.

I like to believe that the Tenno are like Diablo-verse's Priests of Rathma. Gotta uphold dat Balance. :/

EDIT: Ooh, a nice idea for future Operation Extermination enemy: Grineer Gene-Perfect Soldier, initially spawning around Uranus - Tyl Regor's system showing that he has accomplished some part of his goal.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/48613-tyl-regor-is-a-nice-guy/

Yeah, at first it seems kind of horrible.  But just about the time you reach the point of wondering if you should really be killing this guy, he contacts you on the comm and tells you the penalty for your violation of his ship's dress code is death.

Nobody will miss him.

...seriously, Lotus? We're going after doctors now? What's next? "This hospital is full of baby grineer. Maybe they will be a threat one day, kill all of the babies." ...it's about the same level of low.

Who else can feel a new game mode coming up?

Personally, i don't see Tenno as the good guys here, but as war "killing machines".  If Lotus said "This one. Kill him", it's not my duty to hesitate but to obey.

I disagree. Upon being awoken, Vor was on his way to murder us. Because of that, we were forced to defend ourselves and were pushed into this war. I see the Tenno goal is just to save more Tenno. The idea of Mobile defense and Defense missions being so popular fits that, coincidentally. I feel the only reason we trust and do as the Lotus says, is because she saved us and appears to be a noble and honest entity, not because we are mindless killing machines. I have faith that if the Lotus revealed some dark ambition of controlling the universe with malice or doing so in general after the Grineer and Corpus were wiped out, the Tenno would fight back with just as much intensity as they do now.

Yes, because letting the Grineer mass-produce healthy, long-lasting clones means they will suddenly give us hugs, amirite?

You're right, genocide is definitely justified if a voice in our head tells us their race is really a threat

There isnt any grineer babies they are all clones

You know, based on how long it's been since they were clone-birthed, a lot of them are probably the age of babies. So yeah, we're killing grown up babies.

Edited by FatalX7

You're right, genocide is definitely justified if a voice in our head tells us their race is really a threat

> Faction wants to kill every last one of your race's members and take over the universe through mindless war and mass-cloning

> OPTIONS: Genocide or stand-by

- If pick Genocide

> Wait, it's not genocide, it's just killing the soldiers on the ships. We're not killing civilians.

> Disregard

> Tenno are bad and Tyl Regor is a good guy

- If pick stand-by

> Regor finishes his research

> New Perfected Grineer enemy types appear with tons more health, much better intelligence, logic and fighting prowess and is repeatedly cloned by the masses

> Demonic spiders eventually phase out the fodder enemies

> Tenno die, Corpus die, Grineer attempt to take out Infested

> Becomes part of the Hivemind

> Super-soldier Infested Chargers will be the only remaining thing in the galaxy

> GAME-OVER

Remember the first mission on Phobos? The extermination one? Lotus says that we need to send Grineer a message.. so kill everyone on this outpost.

Poor Grineer are trying to hide from us, so we can't murder them an masse.. and what do Tenno do? Well, we murder thousands of Corpus, torture their scouts and when we finally get the information the first mission is to murder all Grineer for trying to prevent us from murdering them.

Lotus logic :D 

I know Grineer are supposed to be evil.. but I'm starting to think that Tenno are evil too. There are no good guys, every race is evil as hell.