Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can signature weapons be primed?

Learicorn

Question

Pandero, Astilla, Tenora, Akjagara, Akzani, Hystrix, Fusilai, Tekko, Dual Keres, Volnus and alike to be more specific. You know, the ones that say the frame's name in the description.

I only forma weapons that are either already prime or i know won't be (stupid, i know), that's why im asking.

15 answers to this question

Unfortunately the Akzani seem to have been snubbed, as they were not primed with Mirage.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Akjagara? Who does that go with?

They could be primed with Mesa, since the Vasto Prime getting a dual variant would be up to Baro. Akmagnus Prime would also be neat.

Edited by Nox_Terminus

Just now, Learicorn said:

Okay, i confused the weapon with something else cause it has her colors and the glassy appearance

Whatever, you guys get it

You're still confusing the weapon with something else. Because the AkJagara looks like the Redeemer and the Tigris. Same family of weapons.

1 hour ago, Learicorn said:

Pandero, Astilla, Tenora, Akjagara, Akzani, Hystrix, Fusilai, Tekko, Dual Keres, Volnus and alike to be more specific. You know, the ones that say the frame's name in the description.

I only forma weapons that are either already prime or i know won't be (stupid, i know), that's why im asking.

As stated a few times by Rebecca during old streams, everthing in-game is/can become primed.

If DE feels like doing so. (like the Liset Prime which in my eyes is total usless and shouldnt be a thing)

Edited by Defion

4 minutes ago, Defion said:

As stated a few times by Rebecca during old streams, everthing in-game is/can become primed.

If DE feels like doing so. (like the Liset Prime which in my eyes is total usless and shouldnt be a thing)

Afaik grineer and corpus weapons don't get primed, they just become wraith/vandal. I don't forma their normal versions, only the upgraded ones

19 minutes ago, Learicorn said:

Afaik grineer and corpus weapons don't get primed, they just become wraith/vandal. I don't forma their normal versions, only the upgraded ones

DE can change up the rules if they want. Helios was assumed to be off-limits for priming, but now we have Helios Prime. Sure, there are explanations about Sentinel technology and its place in the lore that people came up with after the fact, but in reality no one expected a Helios Prime until it happened. Even though Grineer and Corpus weapons haven't been primed (confusion over the Braton's provenance notwithstanding), that doesn't mean that DE can't just turn around one day and give us Hek Prime.

What I do is I've forma'd all the upgraded versions of every weapon, so now the extra forma I have goes towards normal versions of weapons. When they release primed or otherwise upgraded versions of those weapons, sure, it'll be some forma down the drain, but at least I'll have enjoyed the weapon for a couple years before the prime comes out.

47 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

DE can change up the rules if they want. Helios was assumed to be off-limits for priming, but now we have Helios Prime. Sure, there are explanations about Sentinel technology and its place in the lore that people came up with after the fact, but in reality no one expected a Helios Prime until it happened. Even though Grineer and Corpus weapons haven't been primed (confusion over the Braton's provenance notwithstanding), that doesn't mean that DE can't just turn around one day and give us Hek Prime.

What I do is I've forma'd all the upgraded versions of every weapon, so now the extra forma I have goes towards normal versions of weapons. When they release primed or otherwise upgraded versions of those weapons, sure, it'll be some forma down the drain, but at least I'll have enjoyed the weapon for a couple years before the prime comes out.

That's exactly what im doing, im focusing on forma'ing the upgrades before wasting any with the non upgraded versions, if someday i do reach the level of every advanced weapon being fully built then yes i shall waste the rest of my forma in the other ones :3