Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Retroactivly Give Old Weapons Passives?

RacerDelux

I am sure this has been suggested before, but nothing like keeping it on the tops of people's minds!

I would really love to see DE go back and start adding passives to many of the older weapons that do not have one. I am not expecting everything to get passives in a moth, rather 5 or so a month?

Would really be awesome IMO! I don't know if any of you out there have a favorite older weapon - if so, what passive do you think it should have?

vor 1 Minute schrieb RacerDelux:

what passive do you think it should have?

Mire: Killing an enemy triggers a biochemical reaction and deals long-lasting toxin procs on each further strike for X seconds.

Plasma Sword: Striking an enemy with a shield or an robotic enemy has a chance to deactivate the shield/enemy for X seconds.

Furax (Wraith): +X% more damage for each successive attack onto a target (ORA ORA ORA ORA! :clem:)

Just now, Koldraxon-732 said:

You mean like how the Hind got an alt-fire (for example)?

Exactly, stuff like that

Just now, motorfirebox said:

Passives? You mean like secondary fire modes?

Alt-fire modes, passives like what the pyrana prime has etc.

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

What kind of passives do you have in mind?

I have one for you (as I love the opticor). Alt fire hold to charge the weapon, it grows in size, strength, and gains more punchthrough for each shot consumed. Fires as soon as it runs out charges.

3 minutes ago, RacerDelux said:

I have one for you (as I love the opticor). Alt fire hold to charge the weapon, it grows in size, strength, and gains more punchthrough for each shot consumed. Fires as soon as it runs out charges.

That sounds like an 'Opticor Overcharge' mechanism which turns the entire clip into one shot which would deal the combined damage, but causes the user to go down in the process due to the weapon literally nearly-exploding in your hands, or a risk similar to that. Perhaps an augment for the weapon labelled 'Unhinged Overcharge' to enable this dangerous setting would be worth considering.

Speaking of which, more weapon augment mods could do with coming in to add additional variety to the arsenal.

17 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

That sounds like an 'Opticor Overcharge' mechanism which turns the entire clip into one shot which would deal the combined damage, but causes the user to go down in the process due to the weapon literally nearly-exploding in your hands, or a risk similar to that. Perhaps an augment for the weapon labelled 'Unhinged Overcharge' to enable this dangerous setting would be worth considering.

Speaking of which, more weapon augment mods could do with coming in to add additional variety to the arsenal.

A well-designed weapon would handle the overcharge like a champ =). Plus no passive should ever down you. You have to keep in mind, with my rhino, not even 8 150 corrupted bombards can down me, but this little weapon can?

31 minutes ago, RacerDelux said:

There is a difference between Passive and Alt-Fire. A passive would be something like the Pangolin Sword hindering enemies that move within a certain range of you kinda like the "Coolant Leak" mod does.

The Opticor is already a very strong weapon as it is, adding said mechanism would have to have some downside to compensate. 5 second cooldown (unaffected by reload or fire rate) + Reload time. Weapon wouldnt be usable until it cooled down and reloaded which means 7 seconds.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

There is a difference between Passive and Alt-Fire. A passive would be something like the Pangolin Sword hindering enemies that move within a certain range of you kinda like the "Coolant Leak" mod does.

The Opticor is already a very strong weapon as it is, adding said mechanism would have to have some downside to compensate. 5 second cooldown (unaffected by reload or fire rate) + Reload time. Weapon wouldnt be usable until it cooled down and reloaded which means 7 seconds.

Opticor is ALMOST a very strong weapon IMO. Yes it has big burst damage, but without hunter munitions it falls off after level 70-80. Even then, it needs about 7-10% more crit (or a REALLY good riven - like the highest crit chance roll possible) for it to actually take advantage of hunter munitions correctly. Also it already is slow, fires a single shot, has a cool down between fires, and REQUIRES fire rate mods. The weapon readiness on the opticor is abysmal, and has to be taken into account (while I do love the weapon, I hardly use it anymore because it simply is not effective in 99% of the content and is out performed by my cornith - and given the operator void dash, I can cover ground quickly to get in good shotgun range).

And this not even taking into account that at close range it is unusable in anything but early content where the splash damage can kill in one hit.
------
Anyway, when I say passive, I was mainly referring to how every new weapon has either had a passive or alt fire. So bad choice of words there.

For an actual passive, On head shot enemies within 20 meters of target are (suspended in air or frozen in place) for 10 seconds and you gain increased crit/damage when subsequent head shots are gained on the affected enemies. Cooldown on this ability is 25 seconds, reduced by 4 seconds for each head shot gained this way with a minimum cooldown of 7 seconds. Cooldown does not start until either all affected enemies are dead, or the effect wears off.

Numbers are obviously an example, and may not be 100% balanced.

-----
A way to balance an "overcharge" mechanic is by giving the opticor a heat level of some sort when using the alt fire. If it exceeds the maximum heat level, it has an explosion that deals high damage to you and enemies near. You could even make it more fun by giving it even better damage or stats when in the yellow zone in overheat. For those that have played league of legends, think rumble. I can be a fun mini-game mechanic.

Edited by RacerDelux

1 hour ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Mire: Killing an enemy triggers a biochemical reaction and deals long-lasting toxin procs on each further strike for X seconds.

Plasma Sword: Striking an enemy with a shield or an robotic enemy has a chance to deactivate the shield/enemy for X seconds.

Furax (Wraith): +X% more damage for each successive attack onto a target (ORA ORA ORA ORA! :clem:)

Mire already has a passive, +10% toxin damage 😛

Well, that used to be "useful" before exalted weapons started having their own mods. Now it just means that it has lower base damage than it appears to when you initially look at the stats.

IMO any design space they have on fun passives is probably going to go into new things that they can expect us to need to farm or buy.  Maybe in the future they will spruce up some older gear, but I think the focus is much more on new weapons.

Paris Prime: can now be toggled to automatically fire at full charge or wait.

Braton Prime: Has no decrease in movement speed while ADS

Orthos Prime: Quick attacks gain 10% attack speed based on combo counter (10% per whole number multiplier)

(Ak)Lex Prime: Recoil reduces each consecutive shot that lands.