Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guns of Icarus in Warframe

BladeFade

The ship space battle we saw in tenno live. I've always wanted this in Warframe, but I was thinking of playing that in PVP. I'm wondering if DE could implement that into pvp-  So we form a squad and battle it out against eachother, just like in Guns of Icarus. Would probably wake some interest in pvp again.

They could turn Conclave into the Warframe version of Battlefield and people still wouldn't give a damn about it.

People play Warframe for PvE/Co-Op, not PvP. If you really need to show of your "skills" to people who will forget about you 2 minutes later, this is not the game for you.

At best, people would join out of curiosity, and then leave 5 minutes later because the whole thing still is even worse than EA, and that's pretty hard to do.

Just imagine Warframe becoming Sea of Thieves or Skull & Bones but in space. Like how DarkOrbit was...I'd be interested, to say the least.

But what'd be more interesting to me is having HUGE Fomorian-sized ships as alerts that MULTIPLE squads can just take part in fighting.

Just imagine that. A min-notification pops up on your screen while playing Fortuna, you launch into orbit only to see other tenno also arriving into the same space, from the land below or from Warframe HyperSpace, and just immediately flying around chasing down enemy interceptors, targetting the capital ship, etc....Eventually you see a bunch of tenno all flying from their Railjacks into the little airlock in the ship using archwing....umfg.....SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!!

It'd be like the original Star Wars Battlefront 2! Everyone flying around trying to take out enemy interceptors, doing bombing runs on capital ship, infiltrating it & sabotaging the systems from the inside....UGGGHHHHHHH I would play that even if Warframe went $60. I don't care. Gimme.

I JUST GOT MYSELF REALLY HYPED FOR SOMETHING I KNOW PROBABLY WONT HAPPEN 

Edited by (PS4)PuriDiv

2 hours ago, BladeFade said:

Its not populare, because its bad. So let it stay bad? Seems like a bad argument against working on PvP. 

Unless they fix the fundamental issues with the way pvp has been implemented in this game they're not going to be able to fix it, so like I say it's not worth investing the time into this. 

20 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Unless they fix the fundamental issues with the way pvp has been implemented in this game they're not going to be able to fix it, so like I say it's not worth investing the time into this. 

This pvp mode wont have much to do with the warframes but more with ships, so it would work even if they didnt fix those issues. Unless the fundemental issues lies somewhere else in your opinion. Either way, something needs to be done with pvp for sure- this is just a quick way to have a fun pvp mode without fixing the issues with the warframes/weapons/parkour.

2 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

They could turn Conclave into the Warframe version of Battlefield and people still wouldn't give a damn about it.

People play Warframe for PvE/Co-Op, not PvP. If you really need to show of your "skills" to people who will forget about you 2 minutes later, this is not the game for you.

At best, people would join out of curiosity, and then leave 5 minutes later because the whole thing still is even worse than EA, and that's pretty hard to do.

I guess I am not what you consider people, and neither are my friends or anyone who do play conclave even if it sucks.

People DO enjoy and Want pvp- even if You yourself dont want it.

And your assumptions on what I want out of pvp; to rub my ego, is not needed

24 minutes ago, BladeFade said:

This pvp mode wont have much to do with the warframes but more with ships, so it would work even if they didnt fix those issues. Unless the fundemental issues lies somewhere else in your opinion. Either way, something needs to be done with pvp for sure- this is just a quick way to have a fun pvp mode without fixing the issues with the warframes/weapons/parkour.

It's not just what we use that's the issue with conclave....

But I'll tell you what, I'll agree that something needs to be done with PvP, the difference is that imo it should be killed off and DE can then focus on what the majority of the player base wants to play.

A better question is simply what's the percentage of the playerbase who play conclave. Moreover, take the statistics from when conclave was the most popular and contrast those allowing the DE to figure out what's exactly popular to PVP players. Also, you have to understand PVE will never play conclave, so trying to make it for them is ludicrous. Consequently, balancing for PVP is going to piss off PVE players which is why they separated stats and mods for PVP specifically. I believe, that right now conclave is in a somewhat fine position and deserves to be expanded as the player base is somewhat large and the balance is somewhat stable.

Note: I don't actually play the conclave extensively, and any veteran conclave players feel free to tell me I am wrong.

1 hour ago, Feallike said:

A better question is simply what's the percentage of the playerbase who play conclave. Moreover, take the statistics from when conclave was the most popular and contrast those allowing the DE to figure out what's exactly popular to PVP players. Also, you have to understand PVE will never play conclave, so trying to make it for them is ludicrous. Consequently, balancing for PVP is going to piss off PVE players which is why they separated stats and mods for PVP specifically. I believe, that right now conclave is in a somewhat fine position and deserves to be expanded as the player base is somewhat large and the balance is somewhat stable.

Note: I don't actually play the conclave extensively, and any veteran conclave players feel free to tell me I am wrong.

Precentage of the playerbase that play conclavve is low because conclave is really FLAWED. It does not mean people wouldnt want pvp, they can fix pvp to be fun and more rewarding

28 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Until we get dedicated OFFICIAL servers, I would not expect it to be a thing, and if it does, it wont be popular without the Official servers to host.

Ive never had server issues for pvp, so I wouldnt know? You disconnect often?

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

It's not just what we use that's the issue with conclave....

But I'll tell you what, I'll agree that something needs to be done with PvP, the difference is that imo it should be killed off and DE can then focus on what the majority of the player base wants to play.

People wanted pvp, thats why they created it in the first place. People dislike pvp in warframe right now because its flawed and not fun. That does not mean PvP is a bad idea, hell theyre making Warframe fighter, and thats pvp. You act like reworking pvp will halt major pve content, which it wont. You shouldnt talk about pvp if you dont want pvp, this is mostly for those who want pvp. All youre saying is, "PvP shouldnt exist because I dont want it to"

34 minutes ago, BladeFade said:

People wanted pvp, thats why they created it in the first place. People dislike pvp in warframe right now because its flawed and not fun. That does not mean PvP is a bad idea, hell theyre making Warframe fighter, and thats pvp. You act like reworking pvp will halt major pve content, which it wont. You shouldnt talk about pvp if you dont want pvp, this is mostly for those who want pvp. All youre saying is, "PvP shouldnt exist because I dont want it to" 

No, my reasoning is purely due to the fact they have no intention of fixing the underlying issues... I like pvp, hell I started on things like unreal tournament. 

You could also argue that you entire reasoning for wanting more pvp modes is because you want it while ignoring the fact it's a very very unpopular element to the game....

12 hours ago, LSG501 said:

No, my reasoning is purely due to the fact they have no intention of fixing the underlying issues... I like pvp, hell I started on things like unreal tournament. 

You could also argue that you entire reasoning for wanting more pvp modes is because you want it while ignoring the fact it's a very very unpopular element to the game....

Its unpopulare because its done wrong, thats my point- it needs a fix. They made pvp because it was wanted to begin with. But even if u like pvp u wont play warframes pvp cus its boring and just unbalanced. My point is, introducing fun ways to pvp, like this game mode. They are literally making warframe fighter, a pvp mode- people wanted that, thats why htyere making it, pvp isnt an unpopulare element, its what warframe has done for pvp that is. 

So my point is, make it fun.

2 hours ago, BladeFade said:

Its unpopulare because its done wrong, thats my point- it needs a fix. They made pvp because it was wanted to begin with. But even if u like pvp u wont play warframes pvp cus its boring and just unbalanced. My point is, introducing fun ways to pvp, like this game mode. They are literally making warframe fighter, a pvp mode- people wanted that, thats why htyere making it, pvp isnt an unpopulare element, its what warframe has done for pvp that is.  

So my point is, make it fun.

But they can't make it fun without fixing the fundamental issues with the game type... as they have no intention of doing that why waste time on more stuff that will just get ignored again just like lunaro.

21 hours ago, tyranno66 said:

Well Steve did mention that the ship combat may have something to do with unexplored sectors. Some would even call them dark.

Dark Sectors were originally PvE, so I'm not sure what you're implying.