Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

England lost... :(

Glavenusaur

As many of you may know, our great nation suffered defeat last night at the hands of Croatia at the semi finals of the world cup, i would like to ask if DE could possibly offer a consolation event once the world cup is over to bring everyone together to celebrate this amazing sport of football to unify the community, something as simple as the flags of all the nations that participated decorated around space stations and such would mean a lot to me at least, what do you guys think?

Edited by Glavenusaur

DE already created something to commeorate football.

*smirks* Lunaro

Also from another english dude. Our nation isn't great its a dump that has a hard time scoring a clean brexit let alone any world cups.

Edited by Vilemyre

I'm British (English in fact) and honestly I couldn't give a monkey's that we didn't get into the finals, it's only football....we don't need something in game just because the English team lost, plenty of other teams/countries didn't even get into this stage, they didn't come asking for anything. 

Edited by LSG501

18 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I'm British (English in fact) and honestly I couldn't give a monkey's that we didn't get into the finals, it's only football....we don't need something in game just because the English team lost, plenty of other teams/countries didn't even get into this stage, they didn't come asking for anything. 

Not the same, Football objectively means a lot more to us than it does to most other nations if only for the fact that it's our national sport, i for one honestly don't see the harm in celebrating the world cup within the game, it's not like i'm asking them to give every English player a free prime war-frame now is it? but rather to celebrate the sport that captivated the entire globe and has continued to do so for decades.

1 hour ago, Glavenusaur said:

Not the same, Football objectively means a lot more to us than it does to most other nations if only for the fact that it's our national sport, i for one honestly don't see the harm in celebrating the world cup within the game, it's not like i'm asking them to give every English player a free prime war-frame now is it? but rather to celebrate the sport that captivated the entire globe and has continued to do so for decades.

You're making assumptions because YOU like it, it hasn't captivated the entire globe and many of us don't actually watch or want to watch football when it's forced onto a lot of tv stations.  There is no reason to add something to the game purely because of 'football', if they did it for one sport they need to do it for every other sporting event including something called the olympics which strangely didn't get anything either...

Oh and by the way our national sport is cricket not football.

Edited by LSG501

4 hours ago, Glavenusaur said:

As many of you may know, our great nation suffered defeat last night at the hands of Croatia at the semi finals of the world cup, i would like to ask if DE could possibly offer a consolation event once the world cup is over to bring everyone together to celebrate this amazing sport of football to unify the community, something as simple as the flags of all the nations that participated decorated around space stations and such would mean a lot to me at least, what do you guys think?

Why do you need a consolation event? England got rekt fairly. 

45 minutes ago, Pyromaniaque said:

Don't worry, you don't need a consolation prize. We will avenge you in the finals ! Once enemies, now allies !

MONTJOIE SAINT-DENIS, QUE TRÉPASSE SI JE FAIBLIS !

I'm honestly rooting for you guys, please defeat those fouling bullies... we need you france!

Being guaranteed knockout stage games then given weak oppositions to the finals and still not being able to. Utter garbage of a team. I wonder what would've happened if they had beaten Belgium instead.

2 minutes ago, Husla said:

Being guaranteed knockout stage games then given weak oppositions to the finals and still not being able to. Utter garbage of a team. I wonder what would've happened if they had beaten Belgium instead.

We would have still kicked ass, we got to the semis dude, don't know if you watch the sport but we did fantastic, keep hating though.

3 hours ago, Glavenusaur said:

We would have still kicked ass, we got to the semis dude, don't know if you watch the sport but we did fantastic, keep hating though.

I've watched all their games and only 1 game did they look in control and that was against Panama. Not sure about kicking ass, as Belgium did that with their bench squad.

8 hours ago, Glavenusaur said:

As is does for Croatia, fairly sure it is considered our national sport aswell(yes I'm croatian) and yet I couldn't give a flying fart about it. But then again it could be our first championship in our country's short existence. Also as @LSG501 pointed out isn't it cricket?

I'm honestly rooting for you guys, please defeat those fouling bullies... we need you france!

Also no need for such talk.

4 hours ago, Pyromaniaque said:

Don't worry, you don't need a consolation prize. We will avenge you in the finals ! Once enemies, now allies !

MONTJOIE SAINT-DENIS, QUE TRÉPASSE SI JE FAIBLIS !

Good luck my French friends, may the best team win.

we need you france!

I don't think such a sentence has ever been uttered before.

Clearly you're traumatised by England's loss, and have become delusional as a result. It'll pass Glaven, there there. *Pats head*

@(PS4)reddragonhrcro I assume Glaven meant to say that England made football into what it is today. It may or not be our national sport, but there's a reason people chant "It's coming home". The global sport as we know it originated in England.

They are 'arguably' not wrong in saying it means more to us (coming from someone who doesn't give a fart about it at all, I can simply see why). Same if Baseball went global, it's likely always going to mean more to America than any other country.

Edited by DeMonkey

36 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I don't think such a sentence has ever been uttered before.

Clearly you're traumatised by England's loss, and have become delusional as a result. It'll pass Glaven, there there. *Pats head*

@(PS4)reddragonhrcro I assume Glaven meant to say that England made football into what it is today. It may or not be our national sport, but there's a reason people chant "It's coming home". The global sport as we know it originated in England.

They are 'arguably' not wrong in saying it means more to us (coming from someone who doesn't give a fart about it at all, I can simply see why). Same if Baseball went global, it's likely always going to mean more to America than any other country.

Understandable.

Also yeah, don't the French and English hate eachother with a passion due their history?

Like I can even name an example, the restaurant I work in I heard several times where French guests refused to talk English(since some of the waiters don't know French) eventhought they actually know it.(as they in the end eventually start talking in it)

As a matter of fact some English yesterday said they'll be rooting for us against France.

41 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You might want to check out Japan and baseball, it's not very popular there at all lol

4 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Understandable.

Also yeah, don't the French and English hate eachother with a passion due their history?

Like I can even name an example, the restaurant I work in I heard several times where French guests refused to talk English(since some of the waiters don't know French) eventhought they actually know it.(as they in the end eventually start talking in it)

As a matter of fact some English yesterday said they'll be rooting for us against France.

I don't fully understand the intricacies of it, but yes, there's certainly alot of animosity. My Grandfather when he was alive was decidely anti-France, and I'm certain my Dad shares some of his views. 

Personally it's all eh to me, one of the friends I've made playing Warframe is French and it's not something that's ever really come up, so beyond the occasional joke/tease I have no interest in the squabble.

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

You might want to check out Japan and baseball, it's not very popular there at all lol

Baseball isn't popular in Japan? Surely that makes the point? The sport is generally more popular and more important in it's home country?

Although, to be honest this is the first I've actually heard of a country playing Baseball outside of America. 

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Baseball isn't popular in Japan? Surely that makes the point? The sport is generally more popular and more important in it's home country?

Although, to be honest this is the first I've actually heard of a country playing Baseball outside of America. 

Jokey/sarcastic replies don't across well online.  Baseball is HUGE in Japan, most popular sport played AND watched supposedly.

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Jokey/sarcastic replies don't across well online.  Baseball is HUGE in Japan, most popular sport played AND watched supposedly.

Ahhhh, gotcha. :tongue:

I'd be interested to see what happens if Baseball ever has a world championship, unless it already does ofc. Hell do I know, bores the hell out of me. Would be curious to see how Americans as a community behave as well, not in a negative way, a genuinely curious way. 

Like the "it's coming home" memes. Not super funny, but interesting nonetheless.

Reminds me a bit too much of Cricket anyway.

57 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Same if Baseball went global, it's likely always going to mean more to America than any other country.

I don't think a lot of us here in the US care that much about baseball. Football is a bigger deal here. Though that's American football. I think it's rugby in everywhere else the UK, right?