Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Khora Needs To Be Complete

(PSN)LoisGordils

Hi!

So, I've been playing Khora for a while now and I really enjoy her theme and aesthetic. She's sexy, yet vicious. However... she falls a little short. Now, I'm not suggesting we add the Exalted Whip back. Rather, improve Strangledome by adding synergies and improve Whipclaw and Venari.

Rework: 

Passive: Stays the same. Easily the most unique passive in the game.

1. Whipclaw: Khora's main method of inflicting damage. A very solid, very powerful first skill that could use a few tweaks. First off, add a combo system to it. I find it rather silly that Valkyr's Ripline (one of the worst skills ingame) has a combo system, whereas Khora (that usually has to spam it) does not. This should mitigate some of the energy burn from constantly spamming the skill. Secondly, let Whipclaw synergize with Venari's current posture:

Attack: Whipclaw will provide Khora with a damage boost based on the amount of enemies struck.

- Protect: Whipclaw will disarm enemies caught in its radius.

Heal: Whipclaw forces Health Orbs to drop from every enemy struck

2. Ensnare: Easily her best ability, very solid CC. No changes needed.

3. Venari: Khora's beautiful Kavat is a unique addition to the game. Being both a summon and a passive ability that can change postures to fit the desired situation; it's the only one of its kind and I really despise that it's a subpar skill. Some changes I would like to see would be:

- Attack: In a game where nuclear explosions, sonic quakes, caustic plagues, constant magnetic fields and other subtle abilities are present, having a cat that deals damage to single entity is a tad underwhelming. As such, commanding Venari to maul at an enemy afflicted by Ensnare's barbed wire will inflict all of her instances of damage to any and all enemies caught by its chains. Giving her a much more intimidating presence in the battle field.

- Protect: Grants Khora and her allies within range a flat armor increase, while making them immune to status effects. Range should be relatively low to avoid it being too overpowered.

- Heal: Provides a lifesteal buff for allies for a duration (has a cooldown)

4. Strangledome: For this one, make enemies hang from their necks. You'd sort of assume that a dome that strangles would grab enemies by the neck. Right now, it's more fitting to call it the Seatbeltdome; this, however, is a silly issue. Anyways, Strangledome (if you're observant) has sort of a "core" from which the dome itself originates. Well, the "Stranglecore" will be a permanent structure within the dome (make it more noticeable and intimidating). Any and all attacks inflicted upon the Stranglecore will have a percentage of it converted to damage over time for any enemy caught by the chains. Lastly, casting Ensnare on a strangled enemy will empower the dome with living wire. Enhancing the grab radius and increasing the amount of enemies that can be caught per vertices.

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

I like your ideas to improve her, but I don't think everything is needed. 

• Whipclaw is nice and don't need changes but a combo sounds nice. The Bonus, dependend on the stance, is nice, but could be too good.
  • For the stance changes, Attack and Defense mode sounds nice, but Healing doesn't need a change, it only has to work reliable.
  • For Strangledome, hanging them on the neck would be enough, as strangledome is quite good, but the bouncing sucks.

14 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

For this one, make enemies hang from their necks. You'd sort of assume that a dome that strangles would grab enemies by the neck. Right now, it's more fitting to call it the Seatbeltdome

:crylaugh: lmao!

that is so perfect!

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Remove strangle dome and improve pet AI. BOOM everything about Khora is fixed.

I mean, it's pretty clear DE won't remove the dome. However, I 100% agree that pet AI needs a complete upgrade :]

57 minutes ago, Naneel said:

I like your ideas to improve her, but I don't think everything is needed. 

• Whipclaw is nice and don't need changes but a combo sounds nice. The Bonus, dependend on the stance, is nice, but could be too good.
  • For the stance changes, Attack and Defense mode sounds nice, but Healing doesn't need a change, it only has to work reliable.
  • For Strangledome, hanging them on the neck would be enough, as strangledome is quite good, but the bouncing sucks.

1.  Whipclaw is nice indeed, but can get a bit energy taxing with repeated use. Atlas and Khora both depend on their first abilities for damage. However, the difference is that Atlas has a combo meter, whereas Khora does not

2. Healing is cool right now, I can agree on this

3. Hmmmm... but it kinda doesn't feel like an ultimate. It could be improved to give Khora a more dominant presence

34 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

:crylaugh: lmao!

that is so perfect!

Hahaha! That's exactly what I think when I see it in action 

17 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Attack: Whipclaw will provide Khora with a damage boost based on the amount of enemies struck.

- Protect Protec: Whipclaw will disarm enemies caught in its radius.

Heal: Whipclaw forces Health Orbs to drop from every enemy struck

17 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

- Protect Protec: Grants Khora and her allies within range a flat armor increase, while making them immune to status effects. Range should be relatively low to avoid it being too overpowered.

I fixed some of the more glaring issues for you

4 hours ago, (PS4)Zendro_-_ said:

Remove Dangledome and give her the IPS Whip like originally intended and at least give cat Vaccum or something (since improving pet AI would probably be an entire overhaul altogether). 

Wouldn't it be better to merge Khoras 1 and 2 onto her 1, with a tap/hold function to use either ability, then move venrari to 2, strangledome to 3 and make the exhaulted weapon her 4? 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ragology said:

Wouldn't it be better to merge Khoras 1 and 2 onto her 1, with a tap/hold function to use either ability, then move venrari to 2, strangledome to 3 and make the exhaulted weapon her 4? 

I think just moving her 2 to her 1 since the functionality of her current 1 would be on the exalted whip.

33 minutes ago, Atsia said:

Exalted whip would be nice. but DE has pretty much already said it's not happening with Khora

Which sucks cause they probably are just going to go full Titania on her and leave her in this state until she gets a deluxe skin or something. :(

19 minutes ago, (PS4)ZeroSection said:

You might wanna consider allowing people to put up more than two Strangledomes as well.  I alway thought that'd be a nice QoL adjustment to be able to put up 3

I had in mind to put one, but increase the base range by double. So, we're looking at a dome with base 16 meters before mods :]