Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NOT asking for a BR mode, PLS

Fallen77

Good topic. The last thing WF needs is another gimmick mode. *coughLunarocough*

I wonder if they'll put Hoverboard races/Tracks in as they explored/alluded to Archwing Races for PoE being an honorable mention.

Warframe is a PVE game to it's very core. Which is one reason why all its PVP attempts flounder.

Even if DE tried to place a renewed & stronger focus on PVP. The community wouldn't fully embrace it. It'd still have it's current population issues.

il y a 43 minutes, -.SP.-G43riel a dit :

and why you felt the NEED to make another thread about BR, calling even more notice to that idea?

you could just let it die alone, as most said "ideas to fix the game" die in a few days. 

best reply ever

thanks for your toxicity, really constructiv dude. I'm doing this because there are 3 threads for BR for each like this one. DE is well known for listenning to the player, so I want to balance it out. It's normal to have redundant threads in a forum. If that's all you have to say, you can go.

Why are you here if not to discuss ways to better the game and other things like this ?

il y a 42 minutes, Falconer777 a dit :

I have a fairly simple question - what are you interested in now in the game? What keeps you in it?

Large question my man : I'm a grind fanatic you could say. Having many things to work toward at all times. Making many builds to optimize each aspect of the farm. The lore is pretty fine too. The chill-play concept of WF is also a very big plus to me. I could write a book on that question.

Edited by Fallen77

2 hours ago, KeladorUK said:

pvp and how after they added it, it became clear that very few people play it and vast majority of the community did not welcome it warmly.

I think the reason for this is the PVP reward structure. Warframe PVP is quite good. All they need to do to revitalize it is make it competitive to pve farming, add resources and relics as rewards to matches, and make it actually good. The intention is for PVP to have its own progression, but you can't really get frames or weapons from it, and let's not even start with primes. Right now PVP isn't a viable choice if you want to actually play the game. It's a side activity, and if you have plenty to farm, you don't have time for side activities. By adding crafting materials and relics to the PVP, but not making it better than the pve farming, PVP will become an actual viable choice for those who want to engage in competition for their resources.

I'd love to do more pvp, but that would mean not gaining anything that will enrich my collection in a meaningful way.

55 minutes ago, PopGligor said:

I think the reason for this is the PVP reward structure. Warframe PVP is quite good. All they need to do to revitalize it is make it competitive to pve farming, add resources and relics as rewards to matches, and make it actually good. The intention is for PVP to have its own progression, but you can't really get frames or weapons from it, and let's not even start with primes. Right now PVP isn't a viable choice if you want to actually play the game. It's a side activity, and if you have plenty to farm, you don't have time for side activities. By adding crafting materials and relics to the PVP, but not making it better than the pve farming, PVP will become an actual viable choice for those who want to engage in competition for their resources.

I'd love to do more pvp, but that would mean not gaining anything that will enrich my collection in a meaningful way.

See this is where you run into issues I personally dont enjoy PvP dont get me wrong from time to time I might give it a go but rarely and it annoys me when a game locks content behind pvp modes its one of my biggest problems with Destiny 2 having so much stuff behind a PvP wall, the second they put content that can only be gotten from PvP into the game it will annoy the hell out of me and I know a lot of people feel the same way. 

Warframe is PVE focused and having PvP as a side activity that is there just to play when people want is exactly right for the game it should not be a focus Im happy for them to add resources etc to it for rewards maybe do a PvP alert style system that mirrors the PVE one so if people want to grind the PvP alerts they can if not they can do the PVE ones and people that want to do both good for them.

Edited by KeladorUK

4 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

That's their vision tho, it's not like they followed other games into fishing/mining. And that's also what keeps the game alive, adding new things. The important term here is NEW. BR is nothing like new, it's a reheated mess. Also, it would split the community very hard, where we're all complaining about fishing as a group. (I don't mind fishing too much but that's beside the point).

Well, not really. DE did fishing because Steve loved Breath of The Wild, etc etc. the focal point is not that "BR is played out" it's simply that "Warframe is a PvE focused game" and PvP game modes have (so far) been DOA in Warframe, every, time because the vast amount of the players here want a co-op game not a v.s. game.

I've been here since the beginning, I adore this game's setting and gameplay, I've also watched PvP kill games I've loved in the past, so I will continue to be loud and vocal again any form of PvP that isn't totally siloed (and even then I'll argue against it even existing)

Edited by SilentMobius

12 часов назад, Fallen77 сказал:

Large question my man : I'm a grind fanatic you could say. Having many things to work toward at all times. Making many builds to optimize each aspect of the farm. The lore is pretty fine too. The chill-play concept of WF is also a very big plus to me. I could write a book on that question.

I'm happy for you, seriously, without irony. I, too, all this was very interesting ... the first three-four months of the game. 

Now I already have weapons that I like, and frames that suit me. There are not many of them, but in my opinion there is not much point in developing others. Because, firstly, they do the same, but a little (a little!) differently. And secondly, I do not see an area for their application. All missions are similar, easy to pass, even sorties are flying (literally) in 15-20 minutes. It's boring.

A similar situation with quests. I really love science fiction from DE, but I passed all the quests, and? And emptiness before Fortune with Venus.

And I'm not alone in this feeling of boredom. I hear the same from some friends, I read similar posts on this forum, I read disappointing statistics about the number of registered players who stayed in the game for a long time and actively developed. This statistic was also given in this forum. And I see that in my clan of more than a hundred people, online usually 4-5 players. Sometimes a little more.

If the game had a good PvP mode (better then Conclave), then players would have much more. The battle with a living enemy is always more interesting and unpredictable than a battle with any mob. More active players - more money for DE. Money, which will also go to the development of the PvE game mode. That is, in the long run, a good PvP regime benefits PvE fans

To offer PvP lovers to play Destiny -2, Fortnite and others - this  is not very polite and not very reasonable, in my opinion.                       Firstly, the PvP regime in this game exists, and therefore, PvP players have the same voting rights as everyone else.                       Secondly, we can really go into other games, but in this case we will go to other projects and our money. Money that could go to the development of the Warframe, not Destiny and etc.

I apologize for my English, this is not my first language.

18 hours ago, Falconer777 said:

That is, in the long run, a good PvP regime benefits PvE fans

In my last 35 years of gaming I have never ever found this to be true.

PvP makes PvE games better for people who like PvP. That is the most positive thing I can say on the topic.

4 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

PvP makes PvE games better for people who like PvP. That is the most positive thing I can say on the topic.

Agree.  In the dozens of AAA and Indie-ish mmorpgs I have played in the last 15 years, from Beta to servers closing was a never-ending struggle, and failure, to balance PvP with PvE.  I don't recall any game ever getting it right.  One side always suffers.  

To be honest, I don't recall seeing a single person asking for Battle Royale in Warframe Forums.  I've only seen threads against it.  

On 2018-07-15 at 9:19 AM, Fallen77 said:

I thought it'd be nice to make a thread AGAINST the idea to put a BR mode in the game. With this many kids asking for it, thread after thread, I wanted to remind DE that the silent majority wants more warframe, not more pubframe. Also, I've seen some rumors that DE might be investigating the idea, which I'm mortified at the idea...

DE, we know you don't have unlimited working power, and you're already having many enough sleepless nights, don't put your all in a game mode that everyone would have forgotten in a year by now. Your thing has always been to do your thing, regardless of the current trend, and that's what made that game we all love so much.

I have a strong assumption that many of those people asking for BR barely played warframe. I imagine them very well run through earth, try the PVP, and shout "This game's sheet, can't be the MLG I'm sure I am, put BR in pls".

Fortuna and stuff looks awesome, it also looks like a lot of work. Don't waste your time on some mode that has nothing to do with the game. Waste it on making the game so many people love.

Come to me actual warframe players ! Let your voice be heard ! Let DE know we don't want the game to become a trend slut like Paladin (for those who played it before OB64).

Did not want to be arsh, but 3 days I log in, 3 days I see a thread asking for stupid BR...

Wasted a thread on your part. In an interview with AngryJoeShow, Steve responded to battle royale with “No.”

3 часа назад, SilentMobius сказал:

An elementary example: WoW. Perfect PvP system, and excellent PvE system. Thanks to the money that has been received, including from Arena and Battlegrounds fans, Blizzard released the best in the history of the game addition - with King Leach. Everyone was happy)  And periodic raids on the capital and the assassinations of the heads of the Alliance and the Horde were liked even by the most avid fans of PvE. At least I do not remember that someone was unhappy with this on our server) The only mistake they made - allowed the balance of PvP to influence the balance of PvE, this should not be allowed. But in the Warframe, the developers initially decided not to repeat this error, as I understand it. The balance of PvP does not affect the balance of PvE, and will not affect.

2 hours ago, Falconer777 said:

An elementary example: WoW. Perfect PvP system, and excellent PvE system.

I really don't know what to say if you consider WoW a good combination of PvP and PvE,  Other than it proves my point perfectly. I wouldn't touch that toxic mass with a bargepole, and I don't know anyone who doesn't regard WoW as a perfect example of toxic gameplay leading to a frankly corrosive playerbase.

I mean it's pretty much only MOBA's that beat WoW for sheer unadulterated awfulness of the playerbase.

If Warframe were to take even steps towards being WoW I would drop it in a heartbeat.

3 часа назад, SilentMobius сказал:

Я действительно не знаю, что сказать, если вы считаете WoW хорошей комбинацией PvP и PvE, кроме того, что это доказывает мою точку зрения. Я не касался этой токсичной массы с помощью баржи, и я не знаю никого, кто не считает WoW прекрасным примером токсичного геймплея, ведущего к откровенно коррозионной базе игроков.

Я имею в виду, что это в значительной степени только MOBA, которые били WoW за чистое безумие игровой базы.

Если Warframe должен был предпринять даже шаги к тому, чтобы быть WoW, я бы бросил его в одно мгновение.

It's strange. Either we played in different WoW)), or at different times ... I do not remember "toxicity". I played with friends, some of them fairly vulnerable, even they had no problems. In general, this is the best memory in my MMORPG history. The times of the Lich King, in Cataclysm I did not like and I left.

If we have such a fundamentally different perception of WoW, then in general the discussion is useless, because we will never come to any common point of view.

1 hour ago, Falconer777 said:

because we will never come to any common point of view.

I feel this is the case. There are two diametrically opposed viewpoints on the matter, with a few moderates in between. Warframe is one of the relatively few games that appeals to PvE coop players, so it's attracted the players who adore that over all else. Competitive gamers are spoilt for choice in the current landscape, but the same can't be said for coop players. Hence the opposition to PvP development.

1 час назад, Corvid сказал:

Я чувствую, что это так. Есть два диаметрально противоположных точки зрения по этому вопросу, с несколькими умеренными между ними. Warframe является одним из относительно немногих игр, которые нравятся игрокам PvE coop, поэтому его привлекают игроки, которые обожают это над всем остальным. Конкурентные геймеры испорчены для выбора в текущем ландшафте, но то же самое нельзя сказать о кукольных игроках. Отсюда и оппозиция развитию ПвП.

Yes, the discussions between the two camps here are pretty tough, and to a mutual understanding is still very far, as I see it)

Yeah, I agree OP, there's no need to shove in a game mode like Battle Royale. That market is already full to the brim with games being released or announced on what seems like a weekly basis. It'd be a complete waste of their resources. As has been name checked already: Lunaro is exactly the proof needed that a Battle Royale mode would likely be a flop.

14 hours ago, --Nob0dy-- said:

Wasted a thread on your part. In an interview with AngryJoeShow, Steve responded to battle royale with “No.”

Okay good!

Edited by JDragonkin
Replied then browsed back through the discussion to find this.

Let the devs do it. We already have lunaro now we will have lunaro 2. Only good thing out of this ninja competition is it will teach newcomers the mechanics of the game that tutorial doesnt teach (infact the tutorial doesnt teach anything) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-07-15 at 8:25 PM, KeladorUK said:

See this is where you run into issues I personally dont enjoy PvP dont get me wrong from time to time I might give it a go but rarely and it annoys me when a game locks content behind pvp modes

I don't think it should lock content behind PVP, but the resources and items available in pve should be available as pvp rewards. It shouldn't be more powerful than the pve farming, because that way it'll be exploitable, but it should be decent enough to make PVP an actual option in the game. Right now it is a side activity, and as with all side activities in Warframe, it is dead. The game conditions you to only pursue rewards and all activities that don't offer them become immediately irrelevant. That's why modes like The Index are played, but Lunaro isn't. 

All it would take to revitalize pvp is to add specific relics (not relic packs) and resource bundles as purchasables from Teshin, so you can play PVP and still gain the rewards this game centers around.

On 2018-07-15 at 8:19 AM, Fallen77 said:

I thought it'd be nice to make a thread AGAINST the idea to put a BR mode in the game. With this many kids asking for it, thread after thread, I wanted to remind DE that the silent majority wants more warframe, not more pubframe. Also, I've seen some rumors that DE might be investigating the idea, which I'm mortified at the idea...

DE, we know you don't have unlimited working power, and you're already having many enough sleepless nights, don't put your all in a game mode that everyone would have forgotten in a year by now. Your thing has always been to do your thing, regardless of the current trend, and that's what made that game we all love so much.

I have a strong assumption that many of those people asking for BR barely played warframe. I imagine them very well run through earth, try the PVP, and shout "This game's sheet, can't be the MLG I'm sure I am, put BR in pls".

Fortuna and stuff looks awesome, it also looks like a lot of work. Don't waste your time on some mode that has nothing to do with the game. Waste it on making the game so many people love.

Come to me actual warframe players ! Let your voice be heard ! Let DE know we don't want the game to become a trend slut like Paladin (for those who played it before OB64).

Did not want to be arsh, but 3 days I log in, 3 days I see a thread asking for stupid BR...

I agree. If they shift toward pvp it will for sure be a never ending cycle of nerfs and balance issues. Look at WOW, they destroyed that game trying to make both pvp and pve folks happy. Pretty soon all frames would be the exact same set of skills with different names.