Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE Fix Tower White

BeardBlade

Not only are Condrocs rare to spawn, Tower White isn't even a guaranteed drop from them.

This has just been an all-around awful experience.  I run a Moon clan, where we need 30,000 pigment.  Out of my 900+ members, only me and a handful of other people actually care enough to farm the pigment.  It's been a couple of weeks and we've only just now hit the 1000 pigment mark.  It's ridiculous to the point where we all will have to buy double boosters (drop chance AND amount) just to maybe get this done before the end of the year. 

Did you learn nothing from the Hema debacle?  This isn't just ordinary grind, this is just straight up painful.  And to add insult to injury, the "guaranteed" condroc spawns, over on the western shore, are confirmed to never drop pigment ever. 

There needs to be a change, and soon.  I'm not asking for a drop in pigment requirements.  We farmed the black pigment in a reasonable amount of time.  All I'm asking is to *please* bump up the drop rate of Tower White pigment, and let us get the pigment from the guaranteed condroc spawns.  Thank you.

I'm currently farming them for a Storm clan, probably alone, so I need 900. With both boosters and Ivara it's doable in (I estimate) around 5 mainly very boring hours of running around and scanning to locate birds. Personally I found the Tusk Mortar Bombard pigment much worse to farm. Anyway, here are my 2 cents:

• Drop chances of 100% and low amounts feel much better for me than low drop chances but large amounts. In other words: I'd rather get a pigment with every "enemy" killed than 10 pigments for maybe every 10th "enemy". Over the last weeks I often wondered if the pigment drops are bugged, because I'd have streaks of 20 enemies killed without a single pigment drop.
  • For the Kuakka/Condroc pigments it would help a lot if we were able to see the animals on the map. I'd personally like a different icon for all wildlife (and non combatant enemies like the Drudges on Ceres), because in exterminate missions it's frustrating to hunt enemy markers who won't count towards the exterminate goal and often cause confusion on where to go.

One thing that should be done for pigments (and all other content, existing and yet to come) is to have a good balance of time investement vs gain. Hardly important items (like pigments are) should not be hid behind an unreasonable grindwall. Atm some plain pigments are not fun to farm and I hope that at least the drop chances will get a 2nd look at.

23 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

as i was farming them i found mag very effecktive cause you dont have to see them to kill and loot them just max range and pull hehe

Out of curiosity I tried it your way. Running all over the plains, I collected more Cetus wisps (1) than Tower White (0). (Obviously Mag's pull doesn't work on Cetus wisps. I just happened to spot one.)

The problem isn't that it's impossible to find and kill condrocs. The problem is the pigments only drop from condrocs you find on the ground and they don't spawn often. Even when they do spawn, the drop chance for pigment isn't 100%. According to the wiki the drop rate is 10%.

A ghost clan only requires 5 pink pigments from kuaka. Is there a sensible reason it should take 300 white pigments from condrocs?

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Syvarin:

Out of curiosity I tried it your way. Running all over the plains, I collected more Cetus wisps (1) than Tower White (0). (Obviously Mag's pull doesn't work on Cetus wisps. I just happened to spot one.)

yes mag pull dosent pull Wisps and some other things but often time where i saw them not and was only getting them cause of the greedy pull mod and i mean they dind drop that mutch i made some days 140 pigments without boosters per day cicle with mag but then wihout i olny get up to 0-60 i is just an idea how it could be made more easy since sometime the drops fly off to and hard to find again also i remeber may use a Smeeta kavat could boots it a bit

basicly itzal were a good way too but you would getting shot down often and wasteing a lot of the start ramps but itzals pull can pull some objeckts mag cant

Edited by Keiyadan

I am solo farming 300 is there some way I can make this faster? I've been at it an hour and so far 0. That or is there some way to cancel the research bc otherwise I'm blocked from getting any pigments because of this broken one.

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Merkat311:

I am solo farming 300 is there some way I can make this faster? I've been at it an hour and so far 0. That or is there some way to cancel the research bc otherwise I'm blocked from getting any pigments because of this broken one.

i farmed them for my clan with my pull mag range and effi basicly 75 m of pull btw you need the greedy pull augment and a kavat could be helpfull

if you dont have one may you could try itzal but aware you could be shot down a lot witch makes the thing not so fun

On 2018-07-16 at 5:38 PM, Merkat311 said:

The best way I've found so far is to take a max range, high efficiency equinox and just circle around Gara Toht lake.  There's spawn points for random things (grineer, dargyns, kuraka/condroc) spread out around the lake that seem to respawn with each pass you make around the lake. And even then it's slow, and boring.

Le 16/07/2018 à 01:20, Keiyadan a dit :

as i was farming them i found mag very effecktive cause you dont have to see them to kill and loot them just max range and pull hehe

Le 16/07/2018 à 01:47, tsoa a dit :

I'm currently farming them for a Storm clan, probably alone, so I need 900. With both boosters and Ivara it's doable in (I estimate) around 5 mainly very boring hours of running around and scanning to locate birds. Personally I found the Tusk Mortar Bombard pigment much worse to farm. Anyway, here are my 2 cents:

• Drop chances of 100% and low amounts feel much better for me than low drop chances but large amounts. In other words: I'd rather get a pigment with every "enemy" killed than 10 pigments for maybe every 10th "enemy". Over the last weeks I often wondered if the pigment drops are bugged, because I'd have streaks of 20 enemies killed without a single pigment drop.
  • For the Kuakka/Condroc pigments it would help a lot if we were able to see the animals on the map. I'd personally like a different icon for all wildlife (and non combatant enemies like the Drudges on Ceres), because in exterminate missions it's frustrating to hunt enemy markers who won't count towards the exterminate goal and often cause confusion on where to go.

One thing that should be done for pigments (and all other content, existing and yet to come) is to have a good balance of time investement vs gain. Hardly important items (like pigments are) should not be hid behind an unreasonable grindwall. Atm some plain pigments are not fun to farm and I hope that at least the drop chances will get a 2nd look at.

I took equinox and I made it in 4h hours (for a shadow clan) meaning 900 pigments.

Moreover, pigments aren't buyable with platinum, so I don't see the point of making them "hard" to farm.

However, what makes me mad is the fact that the mortus pink took me seven minutes to farm, for a mobs as common as grokdrul drop in the plains, I feel bad with this. Especially considering the amount of time I dedicated to white tower. Wouldn't it be logical that they had put 900 pink mortus and only 15 white tower ?

Edited by Finara

I've found it a little bit easier to farm the pigments by flying in archwing with an AoE primary or secondary weapon to kill a group of Condrocs at once. The Itzal is what I recommend using since you'll be flying close to Grineer camps while searching for them. It's cloak ability will prevent the vruush turrets from knocking you out of your archwing. However I do agree that Condrocs seriously need a spawn and drop chance increase. It's annoying when they're scared off by wandering Grineer units or when they just despawn completely. 

The drop-rate for this is unacceptable, and the nazi mods won't let me express my feelings about it, so all I'll say is that this is once again a clear demonstration that DE doesn't play their own game and that the designers at DE are incompetent.

I feel like a better solution would be to allow for your clan to get the pigments for all the colors at the same time. They would no longer drop for clan members once you have researched them, but it would help with a lot of them. 

On 2018-07-16 at 12:18 AM, BeardBlade said:

Out of my 900+ members, only me and a handful of other people actually care enough to farm the pigment

I agree with the general feeling about the new pigments, they are absolutely awfull and buggy. But in a moon clan, DE should make research thinking alot more than an handfull are going to farm it.

• 3 weeks later...

We're currently struggling with this and has seriously hampered our enthusiasm for pigment farming. The fact that it never drops from the guaranteed spawns is really un-intuitive and makes it far harder than it needs to be. Something just seems really wrong with it, especially when combined with the pink.

Ok, I did this pigment alone on my shadow clan in maybe a week or two with boosters, both resource drop rate and drop chance. Maybe farmed for them an hour or two a day, no bounties or anything, just condrocs.

First I tried flying around with Zephyr with duration efficiency flow build. It was slow. Then I tried Equinox on day form with max range and efficiency and flow, 4th ability active all the time. Also used Thief's Wit and Animal Instinct mods so I could see where condrocs dropped stuff when killed by Equinox day form 4th ability that's on all the time you move. It worked much better than Zephyr, I got 160 pigments in an hour on my best go with boosters.

Note that grineer often enough kill condrocs before you see the birds, so having a big loot radar and checking all loot helps even if you're not using Equinox the way I did. You really want boosters for this one, and you really wanna do this while your clan is small or kick people who dont contribute at all. As the clan leader, put MOTD where you say that everyone who wants to stay in clan got two months time to get at least 10 pigment or you are forced to downsize clan after 2 months. After those 2 months just go through contributions and kick everyone who have no pigments contributed. Problem solved for a moon clan. And you might wanna apologize because its not really a nice thing to do. I would probably make it half years or at least 3 months to give people some room because Im usually a nice guy.

But really, if you have a moon clan where people aren't interested in doing even one or two hour thing for their clan once every 2-3 months you might be better off without a lot of them.

Still farming. Got over 40 condroc wings and just 5 pigment, and after a while the birds were just gone. Still need another 145, at this rate I'll be done around Christmas?

If this was intended, it would be good to get some information from DE, either a "Yes, we wanted white to be difficult and the numbers were as they were meant to be, and we meant to have the guaranteed spawns not count towards it." and maybe some reasons behind those decisions. Or, if it wasn't, mention that there's some bugs and you're working on it. 

As it is, I have no idea why this is so hard, and the pink is so laughably easy you only need half of a drop to complete it for a ghost clan.