Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily tribute milestones need to stop

-Helsing-

NOW . 

Like seriously, as a long time player (over 5 years) , I myself just recently passed the 550 day login mark.

It seemed nice at the start but it is not anymore and locking further weapons and primed mods behind the insane incomming 1k days login (give or take lets say 3 years) wall wont help anything. If I discovered this as a new player I would be severely not amused by this even to the point of maybe casting the game aside. 

No , the weapons are not mandatory nor the mods , but every weapon has a unique mechanic or ability .

Yes, I get the idea that this is as a reward for long term players , but it has honestly gotten our of hand and call me crazy if only a handfull of people have the latest stuff. Also it is not possible to login every day just to claim the reward , it might be possible for you (who is reading this) but absolutely not for a massive number of other people out there.

On the other hand I absolutely dont understand the exclusivity of those rewards since the event rewards and Lato Vandal with Braton Vandal along with every event weapon - also Snipetron etc WAS MADE AVAILABLE again.  Operation: Plague Star also had a rerun - which I am glad it did cause I didnt notice the rapier strike that  was for a optional reward the 1st time( yes call me blind) , which I personally think will be made available again sometimes soon. 

(Maybe they said something about the above operation , can't possibly know every single piece of info about this game - recent or old)

[So dont mind me , but I 'd like the Tethras Doom quantum badge made available again for example cuz its cool , so why not , lol ? ]

Honestly THIS NEEDS to be adressed with haste before it's too late. Possibly with shrinking down the waiting time from 50 to 10 or something and completely retiring the system.

The only change coming is choosing what 50 day reward you get next. They aren't going to cut it down to 10. They aren't going to retire the system.

If you can't get them, and you note they aren't anything really special, why care about them?

As already said, change is coming. But i think its important to add that DE talked about it first... what, half a year back? More? And like 2-3 months back mentioned it again. And nothing yet. So at best it comes with Venus, at worst year+

20 minutes ago, Sormaran said:

As already said, change is coming. But i think its important to add that DE talked about it first... what, half a year back? More? And like 2-3 months back mentioned it again. And nothing yet. So at best it comes with Venus, at worst year+

They mentioned it last week in 23.0.8 patch notes....

45 minutes ago, Zavenosk said:

Let players choose their reward.  And methinks they should take out the prime mods, phase them over to Baro.

45 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The only change coming is choosing what 50 day reward you get next. They aren't going to cut it down to 10. They aren't going to retire the system.

If you can't get them, and you note they aren't anything really special, why care about them?

21 minutes ago, Sormaran said:

yep. they havent done anything towards the "reward track" system yet and its getting quite annoying to wait as i work towards yet another solstice pack that i plainly do not want or care about

Dont take this as an insult but it seems like the onls reason you want to change the system is because you are a long time player but your previous playtime was not added into the login reward system.

Theres nothing wrong with the login system, its here to make people want to constantly login and it serves its prupose.

Complaining that you may not even be playing anymore in 2019-2020 when you would get the next yearlong tier comes off as a childish "I want it now!" rant and honestly if you dont think you will be playing that long then why do you even care?

They could introduce a login reward like primed transistent fortitude or primed serration to be avaible for those who have reached day 1095 (3 years) i wouldnt care i either playing till that long or not, doesnt matter.

6 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

They mentioned it last week in 23.0.8 patch notes....

Quite subtle mention, i actually missed it. Doesnt change the fact how much time will pass since devstream 100 when they first mentioned it. So yea...........................................

Can't wait for day 950 rewards: a very sophisticated Glyph (the best so far, so beautiful, so much hard work went into it), an Orokin Reactor (you never can have enough of those after 5 years...) and a dearly needed credit booster...

Is it just me or are the rewards just getting better and better in the long run? :tongue:

I hope they bring in the 50-days-choice soon. For new players there are a lot of crappy 50-day milestone rewards to ignore.

10 hours ago, -Helsing- said:

Yes, I get the idea that this is as a reward for long term players

No it's not.This is simply a reward to make as many players online as possible so DE can show some graph or something of how many online players it has per day.I think Warframe is no.1 game in number of logins per day of all other online games on Steam on some of their charts.It is simply a tool to keep them there.

If this was a "mechanism" to reward long term players ,than players like you and me ,who have 3k+ playing hours, wouldnt be 50-100 days behind just because we have a life...wouldnt we?

• 2 years later...

I can see the view points from most of your sides. But my personal view is that they do need to do something. My life took a turn leaving me isolated in my home and gaming alot. So I can rack up hours of play in one day, making me more advanced than people who part time it. Because I played this game so much so often it got tedious quickly, so I do take breaks from it. Each time never intending to come back, but then boredom kicks in and nothing else to play so I come back. Meaning I have more hours over a short time than someone playing longer at part time. I don't see the balance of fairness there that I need to wait so long yet I have logged in more hours. To be honest though I only want them to feel some sort of completion from the game. I hit MR30, that felt like an achievement, but I still see my inventory is missing weapons. A few Prime, but they are easier to get, but those log-in rewards annoy me to hell to see I haven't achieved their Mastery yet. And the Hate, gods that Hate is an annoying drop. And I can't even buy the pack because I have the Smoke colour pallet from it. Although I don't know where I got it. But I digress... So yes, this log-in system needs to change, as does so SO much about the game. All well & good bringing in new Frames, but when all you can do with them is the same tired content it seems redundant. Steel Path and the new Temestari RJ was just outright lazy design. And I digress again...

Retiring the login system is not a good idea. It's an incentive to at least log in every day. What could be changed however is tying some of the progression defining mods to it (Primed Shred/Fury/ Sure Footed). This is the only problematic part of the login rewards scheme. Prestige weapons and cosmetics are only going to affect people trying to get to MR 30, especially since they are not meta defining like the mods are.

TL;DR: Change what is in the pool, but don't remove the system.

Edited by Teoarrk
thanks for clarification Sand.
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Retiring the login system is not a good idea. It's an incentive to at least log in every day. What could be changed however is tying some of the progression defining mods to it (Primed Shred/Fury/ Sure Footed). Machete should drop somewhere in game, just like the Boar. These are the only problematic part of the login rewards scheme. Prestige weapons and cosmetics are only going to affect people trying to get to MR 30, especially since they are not meta defining like the mods are.

TL;DR: Change what is in the pool, but don't remove the system.

Machete is now sold by Simaris for standing :v

• Like 1