Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Ideas

G33gee

I have this idea for the conclave.

ABILITIES:

• So you start with 3 Oro and when you kill someone they will drop all of their excess oro until they only have 3 left.
  • The abilities costs Oro to activate like 1st to 3rd ability needs 1 oro to use and the 4th ability needs 3 Oro to use.
  • The arena spawns Oro in bundles of 3 instead of energy.
  • Other frames might also have more than 3 Oro but sacrificing other stats.

WARFRAMES:

I think it would be better if we can have a hero shooter like design when picking the frames to be used and will be able to change frames when on the spawn point or when you die. The Warframe abilities should also be tailored for the conclave because the abilities are really PVE focused (just like in GW2). All the warframes are already unlocked in PVP but you can't customize it if you don't have it. The frames are only the base frames but you can customize it to look like its prime counterpart (stats will not be affected). 

A quick example for this is my idea for Frost.

• The 1st ability would be the same but faster.
  • The second would be the same but the ice wall would stay for some time slowing enemies crossing it.
  • The 3rd would be a smaller but mobile globe (can't be stacked) surrounding frost that would block projectiles and slows down anyone near Frost (just like the Grineer Arctic Eximus bubble but smaller).
  • And the 4th would be instantly slowing every opponent caught in the area of effect and taking additional damage.

The Warframes will also have their changed stats that would conform to their role like tanks having higher shield/health/armor.

MOVEMENT:

With regards to movement I would like to suggest having the stamina return just for pvp to slow things down. The Warframes will have different stamina making other frames more agile than the other.

The movement includes:

• bullet jumping
  • dodge rolling
  • double jump
  • wall latch (horizontal and vertical)
  • sliding
  • and gliding

The stamina recovery is in an instant once you stop doing those movement.

Lets have Frost again for an example.

• Being a tank he would only have about 150 stamina.
  •  If the bullet jump costs about 20 stamina, it will mean that he can only bullet jump for about 7 times (140 stamina). 
  • The player would then have to plan when they would use their moves. 

MODS:

In the case of mods, I would like to implement the system in the Paladins. You basically create a deck with only 5 mods on it put it on a premade loadout and you can swap it anytime in a spawn zone.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I really want to have a decent PVP experience in Warframe ( I know its a PVE game) but there are also some of us who wants changes here and a decent PVP might just make the vets stay a little longer in the game. The current style of conclave can still be retained but it will be under a game mode (maybe like "Mayhem"). 

So what are your thoughts on this? 

Thank you for reading 🙂 

3 hours ago, G33gee said:

ABILITIES:

• So you start with 3 Oro and when you kill someone they will drop all of their excess oro until they only have 3 left.
  • The abilities costs Oro to activate like 1st to 3rd ability needs 1 oro to use and the 4th ability needs 3 Oro to use.
  • The arena spawns Oro in bundles of 3 instead of energy.
  • Other frames might also have more than 3 Oro but sacrificing other stats.

Why this over the current energy system? It's moving away from current energy for ability mechanic which everyone is familiar with. Can you explain your reason behind this major change? To make the intent of new mechanics clear.

WARFRAMES:

I think it would be better if we can have a hero shooter like design when picking the frames to be used and will be able to change frames when on the spawn point or when you die. 

What do you mean "hero shooter like design"? I didn't understand.

A quick example for this is my idea for Frost.

You're just buffing him... Why?

With regards to movement I would like to suggest having the stamina return just for pvp to slow things down.

But why?

Some questions on this topic

Question 1. Don't you think changing the core of PvP and making it more different from PvE would make it less like Warframe itself? Hence removing the point of having main PvP itself when it's different from PvE from the core? (Core being Movement, Oro instead of energy for abilities)

Question 2. Are you trying to push PvP in a separate direction? Like pushing of separation of PvP from main game itself? Since you are modifying the core mechanics here.

Question 3. Why "Oro" instead of simple energy for ability usage?

Question 4. What is your vision? How do you see Warframe PvP after your rework? Why do you want to rework PvP with your changes?

Question 5. Have you played Warframe PvP and reached the rank of Typhoon to fully understand it's current implementation? Do you have enough experience with the current PvP game mode?

Question 6. Why Stamina? Why do you want to restrict movement?

Edited by Triplinster

11 hours ago, Tachmag said:

No

Stamina was incredibly restrictive.

I agree, stamina was stoopidly restrictive. Which is why it should be considered for restricting the impractically fast pace of Warframe PvP.

Either reintroduce stamina, or reduce Warframe's jump height/parkour velocity. Make it so airborne targets take extra damage. Jumping off the walls like crickets with a coke addiction doesn't make for a particularly enthralling PvP experience. Evasive maneuvers should have a time and place, not merely serve as the status quo.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

I agree, stamina was stoopidly restrictive. Which is why it should be considered for restricting the impractically fast pace of Warframe PvP.

Either reintroduce stamina, or reduce Warframe's jump height/parkour velocity. Make it so airborne targets take extra damage. Jumping off the walls like crickets with a coke addiction doesn't make for a particularly enthralling PvP experience. Evasive maneuvers should have a time and place, not merely serve as the status quo.

Have you tried actually learning to use movement yourself to obtain better shooting angles? That worked out for me and I can barely aim without using movement.

On 2018-07-18 at 10:42 AM, Tachmag said:

No

Stamina was incredibly restrictive.

the Bullet jumping and Bullet role make it almost impossible to kill a player 

the speed and their  3 meter range they cover.

single bullet guns like vasto,snipers,latron are at disadvantage.

11 hours ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

the Bullet jumping and Bullet role make it almost impossible to kill a player 

the speed and their  3 meter range they cover.

single bullet guns like vasto,snipers,latron are at disadvantage.

You honestly just need to get better at aiming, use a sniper with a controller and turn on aim assist if you struggle that much with shooting people,

Or better yet use the many mobility destroying abilities like slash dash or even larva

On 2018-07-25 at 12:34 PM, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

You honestly just need to get better at aiming, use a sniper

try sniping a target that rolls and bullet jumps,bullett rolls when get gets hit with one body shot in a tiny conclave map.

head shots never 

Edited by (PS4)lokaspoka

On 2018-07-18 at 11:12 AM, Triplinster said:

Why Stamina? Why do you want to restrict movement?

what he means is the bullet rolling,jumping,sprinting which goes 2.0 speed and rolling,jumping distance of 3 meters players are able to abuse it and run awayfrom gunfight. His  suggestion is stamina will stop this.

they need to be slowed down sprint 0.500/0.800 and Bullet jump,Roll  distance reduced to 50 cm

The melee users who use heavy blade and knockout downs (Lacera blade whip) are another problem

spam spam hit and run

Edited by (PS4)lokaspoka

• 3 weeks later...

why not add Bots, kill bots, get a reputation, now you come to the Conclave, and there are always empty or just merge in the middle of the game, there reputation is not shaken because of the empty arena

Edited by _Augustus_

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-08-17 at 10:36 AM, _Augustus_ said:

why not add Bots, kill bots, get a reputation, now you come to the Conclave, and there are always empty or just merge in the middle of the game, there reputation is not shaken because of the empty arena

The problem with bots is... that they need to be made.
And putting our current AI onto anything that is supposed to be challenging in PvP, and not be a single mob from PvE... isn't even qualified to be treated as a joke.
So asking for bots is still asking for better AI (that won't stand in place and shoot at a player until one of them dies like Spectres or any enemy), It would probably be good if the bots used some Parkour, switch weapons, use Abilities, search for energy/health orbs/ammo generally act like a player would... which implies tons of work...

Besides It seems that not every new weapon added to the game is Conclave-compatible (looking at Hystrix i do remember them stating that it would T~T)

But the problem with Conclave is that if it is like Warframe it is hated because well...  it is Warframes we fight; (Ever tried getting killed by constant AOE damage from the other end of the map? or fighting immortal enemy that deals several times your effective health per second?) and to counter that it is hated because it is so different from the main game (like AW, how many enjoy play AW?

On a side note: it isn't fun when you see someone join your match half way through and then proceed to wipe the floor, walls and ceiling with everyone else. 

On 2018-07-18 at 6:12 AM, Triplinster said:

What do you mean "hero shooter like design"? I didn't understand.

He's suggesting an Overwatch/Paragon style game in which only certain Warframes are allowed in Conclave. I'm sorry, OP, but that is a terrible, dreadful, restrictive idea. You want to play Overwatch? Well get used to only seeing five or six heroes ever. Because like Overwatch, your version of Conclave would eventually limit itself to only the meta, rendering all other PVP frames completely unused.