Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaw’s rustic charm reflects Cetus’ genius

(PSN)Chel-El

Rustic by definition is homely, simple, unpretentious, unsophisticated. 

Oddly enough, in Warframe’s universe, where we search for Prime Orokin relics, Zaws have found it’s way to my heart’s delight. 

They were unimpressive at first, mentally I even made fun of their logic, they seem unreasonable in a world where we can craft ship parts in our foundry.

And yet when my first Zaw was crafted, gilded and decorated, it displayed a unique charm and I was oddly happy with it! Four more Zaws later and I’m still very much pleased. 

Thanks for this unique mechanic/beautiful artwork. It is a pleasant surprise from farming, naming, to styling. 

Well done and GG, DE 

The thing that bothers me about Ostron zaws is, in a realistic sense, they look like most of them are held together with duct tape and glue. I know Warframe isn't a realistic game, and you're expected to have the suspension of disbelief, but some of these weapons look like they would fall apart the moment you try and strike something.

latest?cb=20171221182213
Look at this grip. Just look at it!

3 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

The thing that bothers me about Ostron zaws is, in a realistic sense, they look like most of them are held together with duct tape and glue. I know Warframe isn't a realistic game, and you're expected to have the suspension of disbelief, but some of these weapons look like they would fall apart the moment you try and strike something.

latest?cb=20171221182213

not gunna lie i just listened to the nickle back song look at this blank meme so when i read it could only hear it in that and it did make me laugh unlike the meme video

personally that one bothers me abit but i just avoid that one since most of the others made more sense or atleast look a tad more sturdy 

7 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

latest?cb=20171221182213

Some of them look fragile... Not mine.sRM4slr.jpg

35 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

latest?cb=20171221182213

It's space duct tape, grineer use it on their Karak and everything seems to work fine XD

1 hour ago, Eidolon_Slayer said:

Some of them look fragile... Not mine.sRM4slr.jpg

Yes! I’m still leveling my Nikana Zaw, but when I first saw it equipped it looked awesome, even in its ungilded state. 

image.jpg

Now I proudly present Cetus’ finest: 

image.jpg

Coined after Mag: Iron Feelings my first baby, look at that fine engraving. GG.

image.jpg

Zaw or Deluxe? lol 

image.jpg

Poison Zaw 

image.jpg

Zaw spear 

image.jpg

Bo Zaw 

image.jpg

Magician Zaw 

image.jpg

Caster Zaw 

image.jpg

Sceptre Zaw 

These are only the end product but I hope they show how truly awesome Zaws are. Thanks and take care 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

36 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Id love to make a Dokrahm, Mewan or Sepfahn Zaw but the blunt edges really trigger me. A Sepfahn Nikana gives me aneurysm.

Yeeeeah some of the Zaw strikes just don't work for me... Like how're they Slash or Puncture, but don't look like they could. :thinking:

2 hours ago, seprent said:

not gunna lie i just listened to the nickle back song look at this blank meme so when i read it could only hear it in that and it did make me laugh unlike the meme video

Look at this awful grip
Everytime I swing, it tends to slip...

Well, to go back to the main point perhaps a comparison will help. This may be super simplified but here goes

Tenno- sleek 

Orokin- ornate 

Corpus- hi tech 

Grineer- archaic 

Mutalist- bio 

Zaw- rustic 

Infested Zaw - disaster lol 

In other words Zaws’ appeal and value is one of a kind. I’m no expert in crafting or using them (yet) but I appreciate their craftsmanship. 

I’m taking them now to Mot farming and fissures and they’re holding up well. All handles are still intact.