Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus Wisps

MrHollyw00d

Is literally a mind numbing chore.. Please just give me an option to buy them with Plat. 

This whole game is a grind and we all love it. but the concept of finding these materials for an important piece of end game equipment is totally 100 steps back in the wrong direction. 

Literally jumping all over this huge map to find a tiny object sitting next to water is not what I'd expect anyone to say is an enjoyable experience. 

1 hour ago, 000MrWolf000 said:

You do realize  you can buy them from the quill if you really want too.

At max rank assuming you don't start with maxed quills Rep you can only buy 2 per 24 hours with a third every 3 days. Considering it takes 100 of them to make a full arcane set this is not a viable alternative. The bounties can give 2 but that is a very large CAN in my case I almost never get them from bounties. 

53 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

At max rank assuming you don't start with maxed quills Rep you can only buy 2 per 24 hours with a third every 3 days. Considering it takes 100 of them to make a full arcane set this is not a viable alternative. The bounties can give 2 but that is a very large CAN in my case I almost never get them from bounties. 

This is why I'm really glad I bought a clem-ton during the first plague star.

For me, I do my daily Eidolon hunts and turn the sentient cores in to Rep. I bought everything else I needed already and now just buy 11 CW when rep gets to 11,000. I have so many saved up for any crafting I may need them for later. But you got to be consistent in your daily hunt. Yes, I do have a life by the way, I just love the game.

@MrHollyw00d well i fount it incredibly boring to do the farm in the "optimal" way, loading in and out of the Plains to do the lake circuits.

So i just stopped. I tend to grind rep i  the highest leveled bounties which have a decent chance of dropping a pack of 2 wisps, and i get 2-4 per run plus once in a while one or two also spawn while doing the bounty. Also, since i did everything i needed with the Quills (arcanes, amps etc) i can use them to get wisps. 

That way i do not find it boring or bothersome. Try it, it might work. 

Appreciate the replies guys, 

Yes I have tried both ways, and I think I've gotten 2 so far. 

My problem is no I am not Archichect level yet. I think I'm only the level 2. But I have all materials I need except for the wisps to craft a decent amp. 

If I don't have an amp then I barely do any damage to the eidolons.

My issue with the wisps altogether is that the grind needed to get these is just not fun at all. It's an activity that is completely opposite of what warframe (imo) was really good at keeping players engaged. I have no desire to constantly be on the lookout for some tiny little object that spawns once or twice on a humongous map. 

I understand this topic has been brought up over the last year and I encourage everyone to keep doing so. It's the only way to have our voice heard. 

I can offer some suggestions for making cetus wisps farming a bit more bearable.

1. Thief's Witt + Animal Instincts (+ optional resource booster) will allow you to locate them much easier since the two mods stack and increase the area of seeing items on the mini-map (yes wisps appear as items on the mini-map) while the booster doubles your wisp gain, check online for a map that shows the location of the spawn points for the wisps and you're all set. I usually just check the mini map, any item near the edge of the water is almost always a wisp.

2. buy them from the Quills with standing

3. Do the highest level Bounty, that has the chance to give 2 wisps as a reward

Hope that helped, good luck Tenno!

Max Loot Radar + whatever other loot mods you can find, Itzal, Cosmic Crush. I do a loop of the lakes, a run I know has spawn points, hit CC and suck them up. Back into Cetus and repeat. Takes like 5 mins. I farmed 40 in one night last time I had a booster running. Take your cat along for a chance at 4x Whisps in a single drop  😃

59 minutes ago, Modeaus said:

Max Loot Radar + whatever other loot mods you can find, Itzal, Cosmic Crush. I do a loop of the lakes, a run I know has spawn points, hit CC and suck them up. Back into Cetus and repeat. Takes like 5 mins. I farmed 40 in one night last time I had a booster running. Take your cat along for a chance at 4x Whisps in a single drop  😃

This was my strategy as well when I was farming wisps. I tried several and this was by far the quickest way, assuming you are running a booster. 

Does the smeeta buff work if you’re in archwing? I’ve never tested it but I assume it won’t. 

Yeah, it can be a pain for some...

My tip is grab 2x boosters (drop chance and double drop), use a few loot radars on your frame/pet and use your archwing to travel around the plains. I can normally get 6+ wisps in a single run during day time with this method. Each run takes 3 minutes or less, minus the load in and out time.

No, just the speed at which you move. Wjen i did do those kind of farms i ran a max duration Mirage with slide, run and parkour speed mods. And max loot radar. Her passive makes maneuvres faster so it's less of a chore tbh. 

I found AW to be even worse for wisp farming tbh. 

If you want company i can help, i occasionally run bounties on the plains and i do serial spams of the last tier which gives decent chance at wisps. An i also do eidolons regularly if you want to do some to rank up yoyr Quills 🙂

Personally, max loot detection, go archwing, and just fly the lakes/ponds/rivers. I have a route that nets at least 10-12 (with a booster, at night). Don't use the overlay map. After a run or two you'll know what to look for.

Edited by batchkitten

On 2018-08-01 at 5:43 AM, MrHollyw00d said:

Is literally a mind numbing chore.. Please just give me an option to buy them with Plat. 

Yeah, no idea why DE don't like their paying customers here tbh.
The whole WF is built on "Pay 2 not grind". Well, I'm willing to pay, so where's my "not grind" for those annoying floating pieces of rock? For 3-5pl for 1 I'd buy them without a second thought.

So I took everyone's advice. Maxed out Thief's Whit and the animal radar mod. 

Bought BOTH boosters and just went into the plains on Solo and Free roam. 

First run I went around the whole map without an Arch wing and got 10 wisps (found 5x 2 with the booster). 

I went to the exit and turned back around out into the Plains. Used the archwing 2nd time around and still came away with 10 more wisps! 

I have a newfound appreciation for these boosters I tell ya that much! Still wish there was a better way to farm the wisps but I thank everyone for their input. 

The responses are a testament to how Warframe is one of the last few great MMO communities in gaming today ❤️

Edited by MrHollyw00d