The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Promocodes and Content Creator Glyphs

Voltage

Question

15 minutes ago, StarkBlackberry said:

Hi,
I would like to inform you that the promo code "PARVOS" that previously provided access to Glyph Parvos is no longer active.
2023-11-25-132852.png

It's still active, you are seeing the message you get when you already own it.

Look in your Glyphs to find it, press Esc then click on PROFILE then on GLYPH and search for it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lhekoden said:

Why do some creator glyphs expire? was searching a lot how to obtain depths one and now i find that it is expired :c

In order to inflate view count on youtube, the creator hid the code somewhere in the videos, the creator requests for the code not to be revealed, if users share the code then users will not view the video 5 times in search for the code.

When the code was shared, the creator saw it and switched the code to something else, forcing you to view the videos yet again, drawing attention and getting users retention on the entire video.

If the code is updated, it will be changed shortly after.

Only the users that found the code are able to share it, if you ask them it's likely they will tell you to see the video instead.
If they reveal the code to you and are caught doing it, they will be kicked from the discord server, the code will be changed asap and the creator will seek other creators and tell them how a big meanie that user is for revealing the code. This scare tactic essentially stops users from sharing the code, it's coated in a way that makes it seem it's meant to be hard and a cool thing to discover on your own, but let's be real, it's just a way to boost video views.

Edited by KIREEK
  • Like 13

On 12/9/2023 at 10:19 PM, KIREEK said:

In order to inflate view count on youtube, the creator hid the code somewhere in the videos, the creator requests for the code not to be revealed, if users share the code then users will not view the video 5 times in search for the code.

When the code was shared, the creator saw it and switched the code to something else, forcing you to view the videos yet again, drawing attention and getting users retention on the entire video.

If the code is updated, it will be changed shortly after.

Only the users that found the code are able to share it, if you ask them it's likely they will tell you to see the video instead.
If they reveal the code to you and are caught doing it, they will be kicked from the discord server, the code will be changed asap and the creator will seek other creators and tell them how a big meanie that user is for revealing the code. This scare tactic essentially stops users from sharing the code, it's coated in a way that makes it seem it's meant to be hard and a cool thing to discover on your own, but let's be real, it's just a way to boost video views.

It's pretty reasonable for me to want my glyph code obtained by my community, considering it's an important piece of art for me given to me by my favorite Dark souls artist. Previously my glyph code was leaked when it was supposed to be a prize for my free to enter fashion contests. I made it a scavenger hunt because someone suggested it, and other creators have locked glyphs by doing a special action. Knightmareframe's glyph for example, requires a saryn fashion created with effort and posting on his discord server. If other creators can lock their code behind various methods, why can't I? My glyph is technically available to everyone, it just takes a certain amount of effort. If people have a problem with Creators having their own method for codes, no need to single me out The way to obtain it is pretty easy actually and many people told me that after they found it, it was silly but incredibly rewarding.

The claim that I'm only farming for views is funny for me—I joke about this being the reason all of the time but considering my Youtube is 100% unmonetized (I am not a Youtube partner) and will most likely remain that way for a while (I don't think I'll get it because of many reasons lmao), it also doesn't make sense... Not to mention, even thinking about it logically, there are more effective and efficient ways to farm views. This video has about 6k views compared to my other videos, some which have 1mil+ views, 100k, and so on. As a last statement regarding my Youtube channel, it's more like an archive for myself. Getting views basically means nothing on my channel, even with 25k subscribers. Most of my efforts are concentrated on Twitch and upkeeping my current community.

Even if that were the case, it's my glyph and members of the community have fun looking for it. I think it's also reasonable that if someone is going to be rude about it, I warn other people about them as a user. It's spoiling efforts of other people who don't want to be spoiled at all, and also cheapening their efforts. Some people took a few days to find it and I don't want other people to ruin that effort for them too. If someone doesn’t want a glyph that marks their participation in my community, they don't have to have it but no need to make a fuss— No one is forcing anyone to do the scavenger hunt for my glyph. It's meant to be hard because I know people who really care about my community will go look for it. The video took a lot of effort to make, so maybe it's a little okay to me as well if someone makes an effort for me too. :]] maybe I kinda like that it’s challenging 

Edited by Depths
spelling mistake
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, Depths said:

If you have a problem with Creators having their own method for codes, why single me out?

Because the user i quoted specifically mentioned yours and i had to ........ explain.
I'm not saying you can't do it, creators all use their own way to reveal it, some try to promote a discord server (do something after joining), some use it to promote twitch (you have to see X hours of the streamer), some try to retain youtube views across the entire videos,.......
I sugar coated a bit actually, "tell them how a big meanie that user is for revealing the code" is not the actual wording, if i used the actual wording, you would be more upset, because it's not the kind of things users like to be shared.

I do not intent of explaining or do more follow ups here, because many users are pinged every single time someone makes a post here, so it's better that i leave this for actual glyph sharing and code sharing.

Edited by KIREEK
  • Like 6

54 minutes ago, Depths said:

First, It's pretty reasonable for me to want my glyph code obtained by my community, considering it's an important piece of art for me given to me by my favorite Dark souls artist. Previously my glyph code was leaked when it was supposed to be a prize for my free to enter fashion contests. Second, I made it a scavenger hunt because someone suggested it, and other creators have locked glyphs by doing a special action. Knightmareframe's glyph for example, requires a saryn fashion created with effort and posting on his discord server. If other creators can lock their code behind various methods, why can't I? My glyph is technically available to everyone, it just takes a certain amount of effort. If you have a problem with Creators having their own method for codes, why single me out? The way to obtain it is pretty easy actually and many people told me that after they found it, it was silly but incredibly rewarding.

The claim that I'm only farming for views is kind of hilarious (to me), I joke about this being the reason all of the time but considering my Youtube is 100% unmonetized (I am not a Youtube partner) and will most likely remain that way for a while (I don't think I'll get it because of many reasons lmao), it also doesn't make sense... Not to mention, even thinking about it logically, there are more effective and efficient ways to farm views. This video has about 6k views compared to my other videos, some which have 1mil+ views, 100k, and so on. As a last statement regarding my Youtube channel, it's more like an archive for myself. Getting views basically means nothing on my channel, even with 25k subscribers. Most of my efforts are concentrated on Twitch and upkeeping my current community. The video took a lot of effort to make, so maybe it's a little okay to me as well if someone makes an effort for me too. :]

Even if that were the case, it's my glyph and members of the community have fun looking for it. I think it's also reasonable that if you're going to be rude about it, I warn other people about you as a user. It's spoiling efforts of other people who don't want to be spoiled at all, and also cheapening their efforts. Some people took a few days to find it and I don't want other people to ruin that effort for them too. If you don't want a glyph that marks your participation in my community, you don't have to have it but no need to angry post over me. No one is forcing anyone to do the scavenger hunt for my glyph. It's meant to be hard because I know people who really care about my community will go look for it.

I’ve tried to respond 2 times lol think app is running slow you have a glyph how would i get it??

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

I’ve tried to respond 2 times lol think app is running slow you have a glyph how would i get it??

scavenger hunt: you view the wanderers youtube video linked earlier, the code is in normal sized text and the hint is that it's in the confines of the video area, no spoiling if you find it

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Depths said:

scavenger hunt: you view the wanderers youtube video linked earlier, the code is in normal sized text and the hint is that it's in the confines of the video area, no spoiling if you find it

Argh understood, so find the youtubers channel do i need to watch a specific video or..? Sorry just haven’t got any glyphs outside of the usual means discord etc so this method is new to me lol.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Depths said:

It's pretty reasonable for me to want my glyph code obtained by my community, considering it's an important piece of art for me given to me by my favorite Dark souls artist. Previously my glyph code was leaked when it was supposed to be a prize for my free to enter fashion contests. I made it a scavenger hunt because someone suggested it, and other creators have locked glyphs by doing a special action. Knightmareframe's glyph for example, requires a saryn fashion created with effort and posting on his discord server. If other creators can lock their code behind various methods, why can't I? My glyph is technically available to everyone, it just takes a certain amount of effort. If people have a problem with Creators having their own method for codes, no need to single me out The way to obtain it is pretty easy actually and many people told me that after they found it, it was silly but incredibly rewarding.

The claim that I'm only farming for views is funny for me—I joke about this being the reason all of the time but considering my Youtube is 100% unmonetized (I am not a Youtube partner) and will most likely remain that way for a while (I don't think I'll get it because of many reasons lmao), it also doesn't make sense... Not to mention, even thinking about it logically, there are more effective and efficient ways to farm views. This video has about 6k views compared to my other videos, some which have 1mil+ views, 100k, and so on. As a last statement regarding my Youtube channel, it's more like an archive for myself. Getting views basically means nothing on my channel, even with 25k subscribers. Most of my efforts are concentrated on Twitch and upkeeping my current community.

Even if that were the case, it's my glyph and members of the community have fun looking for it. I think it's also reasonable that if someone is going to be rude about it, I warn other people about them as a user. It's spoiling efforts of other people who don't want to be spoiled at all, and also cheapening their efforts. Some people took a few days to find it and I don't want other people to ruin that effort for them too. If someone doesn’t want a glyph that marks their participation in my community, they don't have to have it but no need to make a fuss— No one is forcing anyone to do the scavenger hunt for my glyph. It's meant to be hard because I know people who really care about my community will go look for it. The video took a lot of effort to make, so maybe it's a little okay to me as well if someone makes an effort for me too. :]] maybe I kinda like that it’s challenging 

I would reach out to Digital Extremes about having a private code system. You have excellent reasoning for why you want players to find it for themselves, but you can't really gatekeep something that is public or expect it to be a kept secret. It's posted to the internet and becomes fair game. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have shared your code, just not within a place where it would be obvious to catch. If someone shares me a public code, I will post it. Not because I want to undermine someone's community, but because a public code is publicly shared. I'm also going to be a bit blunt, but I think the reason your glyph code has remained "secret" for this long is purely because most people don't care. That isn't because they don't care for your content or anything, it's because that information is far out of the way, and there are hundreds of other free Glyphs to choose from.

I appreciate you posting here for the visibility of the discussion, but at the end of the day, the glyph is setup to be publicly shared. If you want this glyph to remain exclusive to just your community, you should explore the possibility of having private codes that you message players for reaching milestones in your Twitch chat or something along those lines. Think of it like the way players distribute their Glyph when they purchase the TennoCon Legendary Ticket, or the way the old content creator Glyph system used to work.

All in all, I think all global codes should be retired and all these glyphs be made available in game all the time, and for all players. It's getting a bit tiring to update this thread for 5+ years when this could absolutely be automated and advertised in-game. Nobody is going to remember 220+ unique names to type into the Promocode redemption page.

I'm going to be honest, the only thing motivating me to keep this thread going is the resource it provides to players, knowing DE isn't and won't be picking up the slack here. I already own several highly exclusive Glyphs that I rotate through, and I just couldn't care less about these anymore.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

All in all, I think all global codes should be retired and all these glyphs be made available in game all the time, and for all players. It's getting a bit tiring to update this thread for 5+ years when this could absolutely be automated and advertised in-game. Nobody is going to remember 220+ unique names to type into the Promocode redemption page.

Honestly I agree. Plus there are Glyphs that just straight up cannot be obtained anymore either because the creator moved on, or other reasons and I'd like to see them return.

• Like 6

En 13/12/2023 a las 11:19, Depths dijo:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought it was simply not available anymore, now I am very happy to know that there is a way to get it. It is very legitimate and gives reward value that there is a requirement, I completely agree. What made me sad was that there might not be a way to get it anymore. I'm your fan, thank you.

• Like 1

there is a pair of free codes on fanatical atm
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/warframe-booster-pack-for-existing-players
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/warframe-hikou-bundle-new-players
not sure how long they will be free for but figured i might as well mention it

i can't just post the codes as they seem to be single use codes generated per purchase but the items are actually free
and no multi purchasing unless you want to make multiple fanatical accounts maybe

• Like 2

3 hours ago, .durandle. said:

there is a pair of free codes on fanatical atm
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/warframe-hikou-bundle-new-players
not sure how long they will be free for but figured i might as well mention it

i can't just post the codes as they seem to be single use codes generated per purchase but the items are actually free
and no multi purchasing unless you want to make multiple fanatical accounts maybe

Can you get both with one account though?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HunterDigi said:

According to a reddit post, it was paused because it gave the wrong forma. But regardless it's live again!

Nope. Still the same unavailable, with all the posts on that site saying bots took them all. Just click the link and look at the site. It will say "this item is temporarily unavailable" under the pricing. Scroll down, and you'll see beside the ratings all the low star posts from the past couple of days stating that apparently bot accounts claimed all the codes.

Edited by VladYvhv
more info
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, VioletDarklight said:

THEGAMIO change the image of his glyph.

NOOOOOO! That was one of the best ones. Really loved how it wasn't a creator cop out glyph and instead fitted the theme of Warframe very well with the side profile of Excalibur with the purple and gold metallic elements. Even managed to get into a group with them one time but they aren't english speaking so I wasn't able to ask about it.

Wow they went the complete other direction with their new glyph with it just being a profile pic of themself.

• Like 3