Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo is the tankiest frame

daveythedumb

Just now, daveythedumb said:

I've never seen anyone call nyx a tank

She has both mitigation

AND aggro mechanics

So I really don't understand what you're saying

Nyx doesn't gain aggro onto herself.  Nyx redirects aggro onto other enemies.  Don't be daft.  

Just now, AlMcFly said:

Nyx doesn't gain aggro onto herself.  Nyx redirects aggro onto other enemies.  Don't be daft.  

I'm sorry,

What?

Nyx's absorb has a high threat level, directing aggro towards herself.

You assumed I was talking about her 1 I presume which is still damage directed away from team mates

Linbo himself is not the tankiest frame as the title implies he's just tanky when he's not he just uses the rift to avoid everything.

Though i'm not sure if he'd be an actually good tank anyways as the best he could do is guardian derision through the rift though he can CC sometimes.

A good tank has 3 things. Aggro (Guardian derision makes this available to anyone), durability, team buffs to support dps. At the end of the day it's rhino and chroma both with cc as their 4 too so that's cool with rhino being my favorite.

Edited by (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam

38 minutes ago, daveythedumb said:

Because even you guys define tanks differently from each other

52OHJ3D.jpg

Most of us here are defining Tanks to have the abilities to draw aggro (And even then, we don't have a true aggro system tied to abilities in the game) and be durable, you're the one going through mental gymnastics to conflate Limbo with them.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

2 minutes ago, daveythedumb said:

I'm sorry,

What?

Nyx's absorb has a high threat level, directing aggro towards herself.

You assumed I was talking about her 1 I presume which is still damage directed away from team mates

Nyx's Absorb is more Tank-like than anything Limbo has.  Nyx also has high base Health and Shields naturally.  She could probably be considered a tank, which I really don't know why you even brought it up because nobody was arguing with you that Nyx wasn't a tank.  You just brought that up for no reason. 

Just because you have never heard anyone call Nyx a tank, doesn't mean she isn't.  Just because Nyx is Tank-like, has no relevance on Limbo being Tank-like.  You literally had zero reason to even mention Nyx in a discussion of Limbo.  You're just muddying the waters.  

Seriously, I'm done with this conversation.  Whether people consider Limbo a tank or not a tank has no relevance on the game, and is simply an exercise in trying to fit characters who have lots of different utility into a small descriptive box.  It's literally a waste of time and over-simplifying.  .  

il y a 13 minutes, daveythedumb a dit :

then put them into stasis problem solved

Thank you for admiting defeat.

But i guess he is the tankiest, has in most scenario he can last forever.

Technicly they are shooting through you.

1 hour ago, Lannen said:

Being unhittable is not tanky, it's an avoidance mechanic. Being tanky means he can take hits and shrug them off or keep going against odds that may kill more fragile frames. This debate has been tried before and shut down before, because if you slip out of the void for just a moment and take one significant hit you go splat. By this logic my Ivara is the tankiest frame in the game because I can perma-Prowl and thus never get hit so I'm the best tank ever right?

Pretty much this.

27 minutes ago, daveythedumb said:

All you need to do is read over how everyone responded to figure this one out

Backpedaling under the guise of a social experiment won't do anything for you when you're in the minority in this instance right out of the gate.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

20 minutes ago, angias said:

OP is the Smart one here.

There is nothing smart about making a knowingly contentious thread and arguing incessantly using definitions for terminology that differ from established definition, then later implying this was just a social experiment after finding out that nobody agreed with them.  What was the experiment?  To see if poor arguments could win?  To see if semantics could redefine our understanding of what a "Tank" means?  

Edited by AlMcFly

This one is easy:

For a warframe to be considered tanky they have to be able to do at least 2 things:

1. Be able to defend something

2. Be able to survive solo

So basically any warframe that is good at both Survival and Defense missions is considered tanky. It doesn’t matter how that is achieved, moreso, because it can be achieved multiple ways, it adds more dynamic to the game, and more freedom to play multiple roles in different ways.

Think of the one Warframe who could both last the longest in survival and defense and you have your answer.