Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leechers are getting bold.

Joe_Barbarian

26 minutes ago, Oreades said:

The Audience says just judging by the raw DPS/Kills all you can really tell is that the 77% was probably on a nuke frame or had some srsly kitted out weapons. 

The low total kill count would imply it was probably something like an exterminate or maybe the team folded at wave 5. 

Given the tryhard factor involved its quite possible that 1 kill on the 0% was literally the only enemy they even saw that whole run. 

Tho I rather think that's the point, you can't tell much by the end of round stats especially when they are that blatantly skewed. 

That's what I figured, someone can't really complain about leeches and then turn around and carry so hard that they basically leave scraps for the rest of the squad.

57 minutes ago, Oreades said:

The Audience says just judging by the raw DPS/Kills all you can really tell is that the 77% was probably on a nuke frame or had some srsly kitted out weapons. 

The low total kill count would imply it was probably something like an exterminate or maybe the team folded at wave 5. Tho I would think even a low level defense would have more than 174 enemies by wave 5. Really leaning towards exterminate. 

Given the tryhard factor involved its quite possible that 1 kill on the 0% was literally the only enemy they even saw that whole run. 

Tho I rather think that's the point, you can't tell much by the end of round stats especially when they are that blatantly skewed. 

The Audience needs more information. 

13 minutes ago, --Q--Stryker said:

That's what I figured, someone can't really complain about leeches and then turn around and carry so hard that they basically leave scraps for the rest of the squad.

If you read the FIRST line of the Original Post, it was stated exactly what we were doing. ESO, Zone 1, I was a volt nuke frame but I wasn't nuking all that hard, I was also levelling a Melee weapon so the bog standard, Naramon for 45% more affinity and stab everything in sight, press 4 every 30~ seconds so people don't go HURRDURR USELESS VOLT.

4 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

If you read the FIRST line of the Original Post, it was stated exactly what we were doing. ESO, Zone 1, I was a volt nuke frame but I wasn't nuking all that hard, I was also levelling a Melee weapon so the bog standard, Naramon for 45% more affinity and stab everything in sight, press 4 every 30~ seconds so people don't go HURRDURR USELESS VOLT.

Doesn't guarantee that the example you used was from that specific session. All you said was guess which are the trinities and which is the leech. That isn't much to go on. 

Also kinda surprised zone 1 of ESO only had like 170 enemies. I would have figured more like 300+. At least it feels like zone 1 takes FOREVER compared to the remaining zones. By zone 8 seems like you're usually sitting at something around 2.5-3k+ kills.

In video games all actions are recorded, the ones we see (damage delt/received # kills) this is not enough to see if you are working with a support role or not. 

however. DE does have more information, and they can get it if need be.

I'm sure they can get information such as how long was a limbo in the rift. or how many bullets were actually fired, distance traveled and a bunch more information that gets logged but not published. A script can be automated to filter out fake reports, for example: guy A gets reported for leeching, the bot will check criteria in order of importance.

criteria 1: MR lvl vs Mission level. IF it fails according to a criteria set by DE, go to next criteria.

criteria 2: if damage below 5% then go to next criteria

criteria 3: blablabla

criteria 4...5...6 ect...(including frame specific criteria, time in rift for limbo, amount healed (trinity/Oberon... and so on). if it fails all of them, the report gets flagged... after X flagged reports they get sent to human eyes. 

If a trinity that has 0% damage, but healed and energized the party (those things are logged) then the report won't fail, and will be discarded.

A high level plowing through an earth mission and reports all the MR1s in the party for leeching, the report won't fail and will be discarded

It will take a bit of programming and discussions as to what the criteria will be to get that bot script functional but have a report button with bot functionality will be healthy for the game.

Alternatively I could go to the recruitment channel and avoid a good chunk of leechers, but i don't feel like waiting 45 minutes until 3 other people want to run teh same specific thing i want to run. 

An improvement wouldn't hurt. The menu is already in the game, just add a few extra options and done. 

False positives are a thing, but the devs aren't morons. Systems like this usually trigger if you get reported multiple times by different people.

So no, the 3 random guys who reported you for fun won't get you banned, playing any dislikeable Frame/weapon combo won't get you banned either.

If the system actually triggers you can have a person take a look at the data, might even be less of a workload than looking through hundreds of tickets.

The fact that there isn't even a category to report them ingame for these reasons, nor a way to express the details in a brief text is absurd and something i've seen in no multiplayer game i've played so far. Seriously, why are those not a thing yet?

Had to report a leecher for "spam", no chance to even explain myself because there was no other way to do it. I can only hope they don't ban me for "false reporting"

The other day I joined a bounty on the plains. I see two of the guys go off toward a lake and don't help with the first stage.

I promptly ask them what they're doing.

Their reply: "fishing."

I reply with some choice words regarding their leeching.

Their response: "deal with it."

So I ended up just quitting the bounty and matchmaking again. Lately I've had some disagreeable interactions with others in the game - more in the last week than the entire year before.

While it does sound nice it will backfire and make the community more toxic similar to league where if you had a bad match people immediately flame and threaten to report you.  I had countless times where people would say : bg report lulu for feed pls. 

So yeah I don't think it is a good idea to make a report feature and besides how is de going to find out if the reports were justified? That ev trinity won't get too many killed campared to saryn who cleared out the whole room in a few seconds. 

While it does sound nice it will backfire and make the community more toxic similar to league where if you had a bad match people immediately flame and threaten to report you.  I had countless times where people would say : bg report lulu for feed pls. 

So yeah I don't think it is a good idea to make a report feature and besides how is de going to find out if the reports were justified? That ev trinity won't get too many kills campared to saryn who cleared out the whole room in a few seconds. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)JohnnyPersia said:

The other day I joined a bounty on the plains. I see two of the guys go off toward a lake and don't help with the first stage.

I promptly ask them what they're doing.

Their reply: "fishing."

I reply with some choice words regarding their leeching.

Their response: "deal with it."

So I ended up just quitting the bounty and matchmaking again. Lately I've had some disagreeable interactions with others in the game - more in the last week than the entire year before.

I would be 10,000,000% fine if they specifically disabled Fishing and Mining in bounty missions. 

Wait, you are in ESO right? Why are you complaining? More thing for you to kill anyway. Far as I am concerned only Saryn works there. I go there to level up weapons and it is so easy it doesn't even matter. If I am Saryn, and he wants to leech, he can do it, I am killing everything anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Trollsbane said:

If I am Saryn, and he wants to leech, he can do it, I am killing everything anyway. 

Sure, if you can solo ESO wave 8 it's fine, but I think that it's better for the problem to be solved on a fundamental level. Like, what if Saryn and other nukeframes get nerfed, and enemies get buffed? What if Warframe actually begins requiring teamwork between multiple frames with synergetic powers?

Though, I believe that the right Warframe powers are always gonna be designed to be way stronger than "4 people with guns that shoot bullets in a straight line," so perhaps nuke frames will never die...

Edited by Rhino-netlost

13 minutes ago, Rhino-netlost said:

Sure, if you can solo ESO wave 8 it's fine, but I think that it's better for the problem to be solved on a fundamental level. Like, what if Saryn and other nukeframes get nerfed, and enemies get buffed? What if Warframe actually begins requiring teamwork between multiple frames with synergetic powers?

Though, I believe that the right Warframe powers are always gonna be designed to be way stronger than "4 people with guns that shoot bullets in a straight line," so perhaps nuke frames will never die...

We will talk about that when it happens, Warframe has and always been easy and all about builds. I doubt that will happen.  

Edited by Trollsbane

15 minutes ago, Trollsbane said:

If I am Saryn, and he wants to leech, he can do it, I am killing everything anyway. 

And this is why we have a leech problem, you have players that just assume "It's okay to leech"

Going into the mission with the sole intent to do literally nothing isn't right. There are support frames for a reason, don't want to be the damage dealer, fine, support the team. Don't go off into the void or cloak up just to check your facebook. 

What if DE were to implement some type of reward system based on %damage or number if kills? Then the person with the highest %damage or number of kills at the end of the mission gets the highest reward. It would certainly be an incentive for people to stop leeching and/or being lazy. Or DE could really go into detail with a performance reward system, and everything could be taken into account in order to work out a final total/overall score for each player. Things like %damage, number of kills, number of revives, number of abilities used, number of items picked up, accuracy, number of headshot kills, number of stealth kills, number of successful hacks, all could add to a player's score. At the end of the match there are four prizes that are awarded. 1st place prize, 2nd place price, etc. With the 1st place prize being the best.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Dead_End895 said:

DE could really go into detail with a performance reward system, and everything could be taken into account in order to work out a final total/overall score for each player.

1. Warframe is a casual game. Participation medals are the only medals that DE actually needs to give out.

2. With a reward attached to those simple performance metrics, people might start to do really absurd things to inflate their score. Going after defeated Bursas that are still surrounded by enemies, deactivating then reactivating alarms, using glitches to kill people/not healing or defending people/having really weak doggos/kitties for more revives, going Rhino/Nezha for minimum damage taken without caring about what actually works for the mission, and of course, just going Saryn and killing everything without even looking at them.

The best that I can see coming out of such a system are people using CC to get headshot kills, or, even better, people actually improving their gameplay on a fundamental level and coming to understand the most effective ways to accomplish their short-term goals no matter their frame or weapon. The latter rarely ever happens, though, because improving your gameplay can be less effective than getting a better gun, mod, or frame.

Anything negative can be alleviated if the rewards are nothing but the most trivial things, like basic resources, credits, and affinity - although, anything positive will also be reduced.

Ok for any of you leechers complainers this is a trick that works 100% of the time when someone leeches so what you have to do is press esc then go down to leave mission and you're done wow guys i cant believe this works so well ok guys have a nice day i was just informed that i gotta keep trashposting on off topic ok bye

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Dead_End895 said:

What if DE were to implement some type of reward system based on %damage or number if kills? Then the person with the highest %damage or number of kills at the end of the mission gets the highest reward. It would certainly be an incentive for people to stop leeching and/or being lazy. Or DE could really go into detail with a performance reward system, and everything could be taken into account in order to work out a final total/overall score for each player. Things like %damage, number of kills, number of revives, number of abilities used, number of items picked up, accuracy, number of headshot kills, number of stealth kills, number of successful hacks, all could add to a player's score. At the end of the match there are four prizes that are awarded. 1st place prize, 2nd place price, etc. With the 1st place prize being the best.

Ok sorry but there is too many people running nuke frames so that would be kinda unfair for squads like bro i cant be getting the worst relics in the game off hydron because im leveling my warframes and there are like 3 other sayrn players ok gone

3 minutes ago, (PS4)thecoolman575 said:

Ok for any of you leechers complainers this is a trick that works 100% of the time when someone leeches so what you have to do is press esc then go down to leave mission and you're done wow guys i cant believe this works so well ok guys have a nice day i was just informed that i gotta keep trashposting on off topic ok bye

That doesn't actually fix the PROBLEM, just covers it up. You're forgetting this isn't just a console game where you can just stick a band-aid on it wish it to go away. You can see by the amount of topics people are posting that Leeching is a problem and I'm willing to bet that AFK reports aren't helping DE support section with players willing to clean up the leeching community.

Here's a good one, if leeching is such an OK thing, why does DE have a 0-tolerance attitude towards it?

2 hours ago, noxtare said:

So yeah I don't think it is a good idea to make a report feature and besides how is de going to find out if the reports were justified? That ev trinity won't get too many kills campared to saryn who cleared out the whole room in a few seconds. 

Sorry I seemed to have skipped over this post. Well I did have a concept idea on how an automated report system would work. Disclaimer, not all automated systems are perfect but the idea is to catch the rotten fruit.

When a player gets reported in game it should record simple TEXT data such as:

• Mission length
  • Abilities Cast
  • Kills
  • Damage
  • Overall Player Activity
  • Chat log

Now when a Player receives X amount of reports for "AFK/Leeching" Lets say for this example (just an example feel free to discuss a good number):

• 12 UNIQUE "Leech reports within 48 hours.

That would mean that AT LEAST: 4 Missions worth of Unique team mates over 48 hours reported that player as a leech, thus compiling all the text files into a ticket submitted to DE for review. 

Now if it turned out that this person was always a Trinity (or similar support frame) but they used 2 or 4 often then yeah, the automated system caught an innocent person, but ask yourself this. With a system like this, how likely is it going to be abused? If it can be abused can it be adjusted? 

I know this might not stop leeching altogether but it's a great deterrent.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian
spelling

Seeing as public missions follow the idea of "You get what you get" with the added function of building your own squad, and the meager likelihood of leechers actually appearing, I prefer we don't get any in-game report button for the many possible ways to abuse it listed above.

19 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Seeing as public missions follow the idea of "You get what you get" with the added function of building your own squad, and the meager likelihood of leechers actually appearing, I prefer we don't get any in-game report button for the many possible ways to abuse it listed above.

As i said, 1 in 3 ESO matches I join someone is leeching, I have a list open tickets almost as long as my arm, even dedicated a folder to just AFK/Leeching. Naturally any report feature should carry the same weight as reporting someone in chat, you know the pop-up that says:

Complaints are taken very seriously. Filling a false complaint is an offence and action will be taken against your account. Continue?

Why does everyone instantly go "Well it will be abused! Don't do it!" Club those who abuse it, simple as. Here are some facts:

• DE Doesn't like it when people AFK / Leech (recommend you check their support page as they have a dedicated section for it)
  • DE Doesn't like it when people abuse the current report system

So if they expanded their report feature that players didn't have to go through the support page why would the rules suddenly change? If someone(s) were dumb enough to abuse the report feature i'm sure it won't take long to get around that it's a really stupid idea. 

Edited by Joe_Barbarian
spelling

10 hours ago, Jaysus41 said:

I believe having to go through support to report a player is intended. Simply right clicking a name to report someone is too easy and open to abuse, like say if a butthurt moron decides to report someone for getting more kills than them. If a player is willing to go way out of their way to report someone then, in theory, they have a good reason.

In my experience they respond to these types of tickets fairly quickly.

Then you just ban the crap out of the guy making false reports