Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The attitude of Devs toward Reb Data was a bit sad

Cloud

Overall I felt it was a good stream.

I like that Rebecca was trying to give us players / viewers an idea of the data they use to decide how to tweak / develop the game, but tbh presenting raw data dumps is not the way to do it. Way too much info and compressed into a blaze of multicolour charts that look more like a chromatography experiment, or huge bland spreadsheets. Couldn't really take any of it in.

What she should have done was to filter the data and pick out a few key things that she felt would have been of interest. I have to do presentations every so often at work and the one thing you never do is bombard your audience with a load of stats. For one thing its difficult to take in and for another people often just get bored and lose interest. Just pick the most noteworthy bits and maybe make some (brief) general points about the rest.

I do kind of like that these dev streams are so informal, but I think it does hurt when they are trying to put over info, without using the game to demonstrate things to us.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

In the end, I just wanted to hear the data she was going to give, I was unable to HEAR the information she tried to give, therefore, I am slightly miffed with the fellas because of their interaction interruption.

I don't know what was going through Ms. Rebecca's head, I don't know what was going through the boy's heads, but, I do know that I wanted to hear what she had to say for her bit, no more, no less.

Lacking her insight, I'm at least quite happy that Mr. Wolfen has organized a good portion of the data here on the forums in a digestible format.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

In the end, I just wanted to hear the data she was going to give, I was unable to HEAR the information she tried to give, therefore, I am slightly miffed with the fellas because of their interaction interruption.

I don't know what was going through Ms. Rebecca's head, I don't know what was going through the boy's heads, but, I do know that I wanted to hear what she had to say for her bit, no more, no less.

Lacking her insight, I'm at least quite happy that Mr. Wolfen has organized a good portion of the data here on the forums in a digestible format.

Exactly. Not only it was a shamefurr dispray, It was pretty much a waste of 10+ minutes of devstream. At the end I was just "PLEASE, JUST SAY IT" while cringing in my chair. In the end she basically gave up and said "yeah, so Nyx IS getting a rework". 🤦‍♀️

53 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

Lets hope she can post the data on the forums here, for us to look over and comment upon. The devstreams are getting really frustrating to the point where the information is now getting obscured by pointless joking about.

They posted the link to the google doc several hours ago.

Ok maybe it’s because older generations have different sense of humor and you don’t like that, fine. You don’t want to see old ugly faces and giggles. That’s called ageism. They are just being themselves on devstream and you don’t like watching old people hanging around.

Edited by (PS4)johnsoigne

4 minutes ago, (PS4)johnsoigne said:

I do not want to see them face palm pics of a random middle age guy everytime. 

Given it's generally Patrick Steward playing Picard used as the facepalm pic, I'm going to have to say you've failed as an "older generation" if he's just a random middle aged dude to you.

:clem:

To me the data was very interesting. Though it was a little confusing to my eyes i was really interested to see what frames are used a lot and frames that are just quietly existing in the bottom. Of course the developers see these sheets all the time but by the looks of it people wanted more time to take a look at the stats

I completely agree.  Developers should be OBSESSED with Data like that.   Its tells you how healthy your game is.   Sure you have people playing but is their experience good or bad???  Would they make more money if they could change/fix stuff is the bottom line????   Data = $$

For example all the warframes in a perfect world should have about the same average usage.  If you have some that are over used and some that are under that shows a PROBLEM.  What Sheldon said about frames with low usage was incredibly stupid!!    Why would you spend time redesigning a frame if nobody is going to use?????  WRONG.   Nobody is using it because its F'ed up or lacking in some way.   

Another thing I would LOVE to see Data on is the stupid Sentient Core conversion BP sold in Cetus!!!!!!!  Show me a god damn pie chart of total player population and then show the % of players who use that piece of crap BP to convert small sentient cores into medium ones.  It will be LESS THAN 1% because the materials it takes to convert cores are STUPID.

That SHOULD inform them that they need to change the damn recipe.   If they were happy with nobody using it then why the hell was it put in the game in the first place????

(side note,  it would also be extremely awesome if we didnt have to donate sentient cores one freaking click at a time......)

I think there's a great deal of internal confusion between professional and personal, joking and sincere, permissible and impermissible within DE.

I think there's a lack of clear rules and consistent policy which creates a large amount of unnecessary stress within and between staff members, which in turn leads to that stress being applied against the community because it can't be safely discharged within the company.

1 hour ago, notlamprey said:

I think there's a great deal of internal confusion between professional and personal, joking and sincere, permissible and impermissible within DE.

I think there's a lack of clear rules and consistent policy which creates a large amount of unnecessary stress within and between staff members, which in turn leads to that stress being applied against the community because it can't be safely discharged within the company.

And the basis for these thoughts is... what, exactly?

Aside from your own presuppositions, of course.

8 hours ago, (PS4)johnsoigne said:

Ok maybe it’s because older generations have different sense of humor and you don’t like that, fine. You don’t want to see old ugly faces and giggles. That’s called ageism. They are just being themselves on devstream and you don’t like watching old people hanging around.

Yep. Millennials and Gen Z-ers are very snowflakey and love getting offended on behalf of other people, I've noticed. :laugh:

Tbh I didn't see that much "disrespect" towards Reb. The interruptions I agree were annoying and disrupted the information she was trying to get across...but then it happens on most dev streams. As I commented before, the informality is good in one way, but when they talk over each other and goof around, its easy to lose track of what they are trying to convey.

I'm sure if Reb had any issues with the guys she would have addressed them off-camera (I would hope).

49 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Yep. Millennials and Gen Z-ers are very snowflakey and love getting offended on behalf of other people, I've noticed. :laugh:

Tbh I didn't see that much "disrespect" towards Reb. The interruptions I agree were annoying and disrupted the information she was trying to get across...but then it happens on most dev streams. As I commented before, the informality is good in one way, but when they talk over each other and goof around, its easy to lose track of what they are trying to convey.

I'm sure if Reb had any issues with the guys she would have addressed them off-camera (I would hope).

Tbh, you're basically expressing the same thought as the OP. The OP was less "offended on behalf of Rebecca" and more "offended that we didn't get the information easily", not that offended is really the word.

I mean, for anyone just regurgitating SJW/Millenial etc nonsense, look at the title.

It's not "the attitude of the devs towards Rebecca", but "the attitude of the devs towards Rebecca's data".

27 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Tbh, you're basically expressing the same thought as the OP. The OP was less "offended on behalf of Rebecca" and more "offended that we didn't get the information easily", not that offended is really the word.

I mean, for anyone just regurgitating SJW/Millenial etc nonsense, look at the title.

It's not "the attitude of the devs towards Rebecca", but "the attitude of the devs towards Rebecca's data".

I'm glad you pointed this out. I feel like more people are just criticizing OP and accusing them of whiteknighting instead of looking at the issue of the devs seemingly glossing over genuine concerns over balance.

55 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

26 minutes ago, (PS4)SultryCinnamon said:

I'm glad you pointed this out. I feel like more people are just criticizing OP and accusing them of whiteknighting instead of looking at the issue of the devs seemingly glossing over genuine concerns over balance.

Thank you very much, luckily you've understood the point of the post, I don't know how this derailled so much. I never thought this was a case of abuse even remotely lol. i was just genuinely interested in her points and infos and did not like how those were shutted down.

Could have been Steve,Scott, Megan or whoever, my reaction would be the same.