Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Melee Bug

Shy0

i'm bringing this up again (i made a post about this on 29 nov when mesa was still new) as this bug is still present even after a few patches.

bug:

some time into a game, on trying to quick melee, mesa just unsheathes the weapon and resheathes it. and even after switching to melee, mesa will start the swing animation but won't complete the attack. however, directional melee still works.

observations:

- seems to happen after using any ability? many people have attributed it to peacemaker but i'm not sure

- hard to reproduce reliably, happens some games but not in others

- once bug occurs, melee is unusable for the length of that game (even repeatedly toggling peacemaker, dying, reviving, falling)

- seems to happen frequently when i'm not a host. it hasn't happened in many, many games that i hosted. hard to test this as warframe doesn't give you the choice to host or join games (<- hint hint, make this a feature and get rid of bad hosts forever)

- update: tested with some host migrations. when i become the host, the bug disappears and i can use melee normally again

update 8/2/15: just played a game and noticed something. was whipping some grineer backside with atterax and the bug suddenly appeared. was in the middle of combat so i didn't really pay attention, but the shooting gallery and shatter shield i cast earlier expired about that time.

just to be clear:

- not using peacemaker

- was actually attacking with quick melee and hitting enemies, then suddenly the bug appeared; i couldn't attack and mesa did the annoying unsheathe-and-resheathe thing for the rest of that game

- possibly coincided with shooting gallery or shatter shield ending

i've found a collection of threads reporting the same bug (in spoiler). maybe a moderator wants to merge? sticky till fixed?

http://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/354615-melee-bug-unable-to-attack-with-melee/

http://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/371870-unable-to-perform-melee-attacks-on-mesa/

http://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/378459-mesas-peacemaker-prevents-most-melee-attacks/

http://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/365994-occasionally-unable-to-use-melee/

http://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/364826-mesa-cant-use-melee-weapons/

http://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/362683-mesa-power-bug-melee-issue/

http://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/355961-mesa-sometimes-breaks-melee/

Edited by Shy0

yeah i posted a topic on this too.

today i had the issue 3 times.

when are they ever going to fix this? this is insane.. I thought this would have been hotfixed almost immediately after her release.. she's been out for some time now..wtf?

Edited by -Krux-

i guess it's hard to reproduce on their end. it happens occasionally but often enough to be annoying. my point about the bug disappearing when there's host migration (to me being the host) might mean it's perhaps a latency or crap PC-dependent problem.

this is hard for me to confirm because when i click on a mission node, i never know if i'm hosting or joining a game. maybe i'll try a few solo runs in the void to see. 

if anybody else can think of a way to test this reliably, they're welcome to contribute.

Edited by Shy0

still not fixed with new patch. i now strongly think that it is a latency/performance-related issue. been doing a lot of soloing with mesa and i never get the bug, but when i join a laggy host (like significant delay between input and action on screen, or teleporting enemies, etc.), the bug happens more than half the time.

This bug is super annoying and been happening to me for a long time, not just with mesa. It seems it might have to do with abilities that apply CC immunuty. ie. trinity link, mesa peacemaker, etc.

But then again I had it happen a few games ago on cambria where I was just running along straight with no jumping and it locked out my melee the rest of the game. So aggravating.

Sadly, I can't seem to reproduce this bug on demand: it just happens. I cannot melee, spin attack, or anything but slide/jump. Only way to make it stop is to either restart a new game or restart the client...until it happens again. That said, this bug happens regularly on mesa though.

note. weapons that tend to do this for me is always a polearm. ie. tipedo, orthos, etc. Also, I normally never host so that might be a factor as well since (I think) it does not happen when I solo.

Edited by fizbit

i've experienced the bug with most weapons (those with a fast slide attack) including daggers, whips and polearms. i've not tried using a heavy weapon (those with slow slide attacks) like the scindo or the two-handed swords on mesa though; slow swing speed on mesa is risky at high levels. hmm.. that might be a complicating issue in testing for this bug.. i'll get back to testing another day. DE hasn't bothered to respond with any help so i'll stop doing their work for them.

DE hasn't bothered to respond with any help so i'll stop doing their work for them.

I keep seeing this silly sidenote in the patch notes, telling people to add their "X still not fixed?" messages along with a link to their threads if they want it fixed... That just gives me the impression that they stopped reading the bug forums. Mind boggling, but well, I'll give that a go, let's see if they notice it then...

Does going into full melee mode and back fix it or not?

It doesn't, whether you're using quick melee or full melee, your character still keeps spazzing out. Can't do anything except melee-dash in the air. Host migration fixes it though, but no surprises there...

i think we might have been barking up the wrong tree all along. i played a mission today without using peacemaker but still got the bug. happened after i cast shatter shield and shooting gallery one after another. problem is i can only generate the bug once per mission -_- gonna test some more.

i think we might have been barking up the wrong tree all along. i played a mission today without using peacemaker but still got the bug. happened after i cast shatter shield and shooting gallery one after another. problem is i can only generate the bug once per mission -_- gonna test some more.

It's an old bug really- dating back to pre-directional air melee strikes, used to happen out of nowhere. It just happens a lot more often with Peacemaker.

i give up on this. still no fix (this bug has existed and been reported on since mesa was released), DE still silent, and the fact that i can only get the bug when i join a laggy game, and only once a mission means that it is impossible for me to test properly. really sucks.

Edited by Shy0

... Did you try rolling?

really. if something as simple as rolling could fix it, i wouldn't have bothered making this thread.

noticed this in 15.13 patch notes:

• Fixed an issue caused by switching to melee weapons while picking up an object, caused players to be unable to use melee weapons.

whatever DE did, it made the mesa bug worse. i get it nearly every game now when i'm not hosting.

edit: just played a game and noticed something. was whipping some grineer backside with atterax and the bug suddenly appeared. was in the middle of combat so i didn't really pay attention, but the shooting gallery and shatter shield i cast earlier expired about that time.

just to be clear:

- not using peacemaker

- was actually attacking with quick melee and hitting enemies, then suddenly the bug appeared; i couldn't attack and mesa did the annoying unsheathe-and-resheathe thing for the rest of that game

- possibly coincided with shooting gallery or shatter shield ending

if any mesa users want to help confirm, please do.

Edited by Shy0

• 1 month later...

Additional bump and a clip of the "sheathing" in action.

I had only used Peacemaker this mission, none of the other abilities.

Edit 3 days later: This glitch happens to me 100% of the time, if I stay in a mission long enough (among the endless ones). This is definitely game-breaking for Mesa.

Edit 23March: After the first peacemaker used in mission it happened again. Probably 2 minutes into the mission.

Edit 24March: Seems like it may be tied to entering peacemaker while doing some kind of roll/landing acrobatic animation. Need to test this more.

Edited by Alcasan

Reposting this from the Art&Animation post about this bug https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/399144-mesa-and-melee-bug/

I have Mesa since 2 days or so and had this bug happen to me twice already.

You are unable to swing your melee weapon with the exception of an in air strike just as shown in the video above.

Furthermore you will do an automatic stealth kill on unalerted enemies without any key presses.

Equiping or using a gun works fine with the exception that if you hit the melee key multiple times you cannot switch until all animation is over.

This is pretty game breaking for Mesa since she cannot use melee( so no life strike) nor copter to get around enemies.

For me the bugged happened both times in conjunction with using Peacemaker with an active Shattershield. But Since I was not able to reproduce it at will I cannot say what is causing this animation glitch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...