December 17Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

Infestations

As Steve has stated in his Developers Workshop:

“We've got a lot of great/angry/polite feedback on the changes and we're listening and acting on them quickly. We're going to continue to tune the invasions and outbreaks - internally we are sharply divided on the Infestation change - but I hope you can bear with us as we work on improving it. I think the dynamics within the solar chart are refreshing in concept... execution needs work. There are straight up progression bugs and such that are getting fixed immediately.”

Since then, the issue of unlocking nodes overall has been fixed, and more feedback is coming in.

The feedback continues to fluctuate, prime concerns are:

·         The time it takes to “cleanse” the infested from a node, which relates to Phorid taking over a boss node and making the boss temporarily unavailable until Phorid has been defeated.

·         The Infestations has made Crawlers rarity even rarer. Making Contagious Spread almost exclusive due to Electric Crawlers being scarce.

·          Because of the time it takes for a Node to be won by Infested, the Derelict has become the only place for Infested Defense.

What players like:

·         Infested actually “infest” - an interesting faction dynamic

·         “easy-mode” farming spot (Cyath) may be gone, but it gives a more dynamic feel and urgency to play the Infestations.

·         More use of the Infested missions in the Derelicts.

We messed up by not communicating that we were thinking of doing this change. Prior acknowledgment would have allowed players to adjust accordingly and give us feedback.

Trading

As we move closer to Update 12 questions about the future of Trading have been surfacing. A report from Sheldon himself says:

“Honestly, we're leaving it as is for now. Want at least a couple months of data on current trading before we add more.”

Talk of a “Stock Market” with fluctuating values representing prices of certain mods/keys/plat are one of the few things in discussion. Trading is still relatively new, with more data we can start to tweak accordingly.

Polarization

Now that the groundwork of the new Damage System is here, we see that Polarization now plays a more important role. Having spent many hours and countless Forma customizing your Polarization, the order you did it in could now be a problem. Options like being able to change the polarity of a slot (drag and drop) are great suggestions. The issue is known and we will be discussing a solution.

Proc/Status chances

The Damage System changed a lot, and has continued to change since its implementation. Proc/status chance was introduced and it has come with many different opinions. The growing concern is due to how weak proc is. Items that have a low proc chance are considered weaker due to Status Chance mod not increasing the proc by a significant amount. How can we fix this? Suggestions include:

·         Base elements should have higher proc (fire, poison, and freeze) than secondary (blast, magnet).

·         Make proc chance mods add the chance on top of the weapon's already existing chance.

·         Simplify the Status Chance to be just X%, no more adding 12% of 5% (for example).

We’ll be looking at issues related to the Damage System very closely as we continue to tweak it. Scott commented that the initial introduction of this is to be able to start low and go higher as the system as a whole is tested out (mentioned in LS 19).

Extractors

Update 11.3.0 brought the option to deploy more than 1 Extractor! Players were noticing that the amount of resources gained from the Extractor were significantly less than before 11.3.0. We have since fixed this issue as of 11.3.2. If you have an Extractor deployed BEFORE 11.3.2, you may need to re-deploy to see the increased resources.

Players have commented that it has been fixed, but it is still lower than before. We will look into this!

and yet another thing they didnt mentioned at all.

all the Prime BPs and Parts....in the Orokin Void loot table just doesnt work at all it needs to be fix its freaking annoying to waste money to get keys or farm keys and go to the void and get what you don't need "FORMA" when players want Prime Parts.

Edited by edryuu

Trading

As we move closer to Update 12 questions about the future of Trading have been surfacing. A report from Sheldon himself says:

“Honestly, we're leaving it as is for now. Want at least a couple months of data on current trading before we add more.”

Couple of Months? Sheldon ? Are you serious ? Peope are dying to trade receiver, blade, system blueprints with others. Please dont do that..

Couple of months is too much ..  We really need that part trading. I was so excited to hear that we could trade things when it first came out but got disappointed since we cant trade parts. 

As we all know, some of us are hated by RNG Gods, now you may think that im whining because i cant get the thing i want, maybe i am but not being able to have a single weapon or warframe after playing sooooooooooooo long is disappointing. I just got my Despair blueprints today after i lost interest in it.(the time between stalkers first release and today)

So many of my friends got disappointed and left the game  because they couldnt get the thing they wanted for so long and RNG God werent merciful on them. 

Trading parts could bring them back and would make tons of people happy. I got so many parts that i dont need, i should be able to trade my unwanted parts with them. Selling those parts from 3500 credit is a total waste. A Total  Waste.

I dont know if you are going to read this Sheldon but i'll say it anyway. Let us Trade Parts to Parts, Blueprints to Blueprints, or even with platinum. 

What RNG Broke, Trade can fix it...

Edit: Fixed some mistakes

Edited by Shin

Extractors

Update 11.3.0 brought the option to deploy more than 1 Extractor!

What are the requirements for deploying more extractors? There seems to be a bug, or a simple misunderstanding. I can send out 4 extractors at mastery 10, while many M12-14s can only do 2-3.

more info

I'm surprised the whole Grineer armor scaling issue didn't make the list, threads about it have been popping up like daisies, and it's kinda sad to see it's still an issue considering it was one of the core problems with damage 1.0.

EDIT: I am glad to see the proc chance issue addressed though. Right now the mods are just too low to make them worth sacrificing base damage. Can't wait to see them buffed.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

About proc chance: Do NOT make the mods add a flat chance. 20% proc rate sniper is not the same as 20% proc rate grakata...

That being said, the proc chance of weapons is too low. It ranges from 2.5% to 10% in most cases, with exceptions at 20% IIRC. Double it. It should range from 5% for low-proc high-ROF weapons to 40% for low-ROF high-proc weapons. And make the mod add +150% (multiplicative) proc chance, much like the crit mod.

We also need more clarity on the procs, what exactly do they do, how much damage, how does it relates with base damage...

Part trading, be it for frames, weapons or primes, is a must. Don't wait until june for it. Broken RNG is not a real big deal if trading parts is here. People getting 45 helmets and 23 systems, but no chassis? Hey look, this guy nex door has the complementary problem; lots of chassis and not a single helmet. Logical solution? TRADE.

Yay for elemental frames buff. That abilities don't get 100% proc rate baffles me, especially for things like frost's abilities.

And there is always that problem of warframe mod slots and mandatory mods.

And armor scaling is still here, too. Although I tend to play at low levels because my connection suck and high levels get ridiculous.

Speaking of solo play, can you please do something for people who dont want/cant play coop/defense/mobile defense?

Removing the farm points doesn't fix the problem, aka why people farm these specifically in the first place.

Edited by Kaian-a-coel

I'm surprised the whole Grineer armor scaling issue didn't make the list, threads about it have been popping up like daisies, and it's kinda sad to see it's still an issue considering it was one of the core problems with damage 1.0.

I too would like to know more about this topic.  I've heard several ideas on how to fix the multiplicative scaling of the effective health of enemies, but so far, this thread not only feels like the most intuitive, but also is what I thought of when I first heard about the concept of Damage 2.0: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/149709-making-armor-ablative-and-resistances-more-than-factional

Edit:  While we're on the subject of proc chances, and chances in general, I feel like having a percent boost off of a percentage is a bit non-intuitive.  adding 50% chance to a 5% stat shouldn't increase that stat to 7.5%, but rather 55%.  Simply applying the bonus percentage to the percentage seems more intuitive than taking a percentage of the base percentage and adding THAT.  I made a comment about it during last month's community topics thread:

Edited by Undead_Zeratul

To be fair I am most concerned about mods in general... This is another community hot topic: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137875-a-complete-rework-of-the-foundation-of-warframe/

It's had a lot of attention for all the right reasons... please consider it. >.<

Gotta bump it, it's just too much of a great idea to just let it be forgotten without even being considered.

i disagree with the proc rate mods change, instead of making them additive, just increase the values. if this changes goes through it would be inconsistent with the rest of the mods, making the game even more confusing to new players than it already is.

also, multiplicative make it have the same proportional change to EVERY weaponin the game. meaning it would have the same proportional effect on both a 1% proc chance weapon and a 20% proc chance weapon. if it's additive, it would make it far more useful on a small base proc chance weapon than a better proc base weapon. +10% on a 1%base is much better proportional change than +10% to a 20% chance.

·         “easy-mode” farming spot (Cyath) may be gone, but it gives a more dynamic feel and urgency to play the Infestations.

Most of the post seemed fair and agrees with what I have read, ^that does not.

Yeah...No...

What I have read, and posted, on the forums is very divided.

The one just points at Derelict(As if that is a good place to get infested, lawl) and outbreaks(Like that actually works with pugs, lawl)

The other points those issues out, and requests at least Eris stays infested, and just get laughed at by a certain ComMod, and now apparently also DE. 

Infested were fun to fight. They weren't broken. Now you broke them, good job! Good luck farming low level weapons!

Grineer is broken to hell and back(Just fought lvl 50 Captain Vor, that was...Interesting...Since his armor made him near invulnerable...Video coming in 2+ hours on that)

Corpus is broken due to their shield bots giving them near infinite health. And good luck hitting the shield bots with non-hitscan weapons(AKA bows)

The infested were the only ones fun to fight. Right now I barely have any fun in this game, while before I did 150 hours in 2 weeks with a lot of fun...Again, good freaking job!

Edited by BrainInvader

Polarization

Now that the groundwork of the new Damage System is here, we see that Polarization now plays a more important role. Having spent many hours and countless Forma customizing your Polarization, the order you did it in could now be a problem. Options like being able to change the polarity of a slot (drag and drop) are great suggestions. The issue is known and we will be discussing a solution.

Look at this

Just a few things:

- Many people DON'T like Cyath changing. In fact, I've seen more complaints than praises about this.

- Void drop rates are a big issue in the forums, yet, I hear nothing about this from you guys. Why the silence?

- Grineer armor is as bad as it was beck in Damage 1.0. How is this not a hot topic?