Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twin Marelok In The Future?

Mordavia1982

I'm getting tired of almost every side arm getting a dual version. Better not ever forma or potato a single, cause you never know when the next Dual Twin or Ak will come along and make all the effort worthless.(since 90% of the time most of us will use the single to make the dual faster, with perhaps the exception of collectors who want both the single and dual) It makes me wonder if having singles is even necessary? They could just be limited ONLY to having a dual like the AkStilletto's or Twin Gremlins. Unless the accuracy and reload speed bonus of a single is great enough to actually be worth sacrificing the increased damage output of it's twin variant. So far I have not found that to be the case.

Edited by Jarcu

QuadMarelok is on its way

combining the 4 mareloks around a centre chassis, tenno skillfully spin the entire unit to flick each lever in each rotation

it trades accuracy and rate of fire for raw firepower becoming a hybrid between a shotgun and ranged handcannon

QuadMarelok Vandal event weapon - the ultimate room clearing weapon 

inB4

QuadMarelok is on its way

combining the 4 mareloks around a centre chassis, tenno skillfully spin the entire unit to flick each lever in each rotation

it trades accuracy and rate of fire for raw firepower becoming a hybrid between a shotgun and ranged handcannon

QuadMarelok Vandal event weapon - the ultimate room clearing weapon 

inB4

I'd imagine that as being more of a gatling weapon - a traditional gatling, where you crank the handle to fire it.

Each stage must be milked enough before the next. At least it must give people time to acquire it, level it up full a few times, and drop in a catalyst or forma or 3.

projected release after Marelok:

1. Twin Mareloks

2. Marelok Prime

3. Twin Mareloks Prime

4. Marelok Wraith

5. Twin Marelok Vandal

6. Goldilok and the Three Gustarg

By this time, there will be other new weapons whose "enhanced" versions can become fillers for yet newer weapons.

I absolutely love the maerlock.  I think it's a great weapon.

I wholeheartedly oppose creating a dual version as we just don't need it.  It comes in at number 7 on the list of most powerful pistols as a single weapon, the only other single weapons above it on the pistol list are the Detron, Stugg and Brakk.  Hell it is more powerful that every rifle in the game except the Boltor prime.

As it stands it's a power hand "sniper" type pistol and it's great where it is, making a dual version would just add to power creep.