March 7Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

Founders Prime Exclusives

The Founders Program that ran last year has no active plans of being returned to the game. There is continued talk from players about bringing it back, or some aspect of rerelease, but it’s very unlikely to occur. But this always raises the question of what role do exclusive gear, particularly exclusive gear that signifies a moment or milestone in the game’s development play?

Token items for PS4 to signify the players who have stuck with us since the beginning is an ongoing conversation, and while we don’t have any results to report at this time, we believe it is an important topic to continue bringing up with the team, and are doing just that!

PS4 Prime Access: Next Update

With the announcement of PS4 Prime Access ending in the coming weeks and the unveiling of Rhino Prime Access on PC, the question has been raised about how it will be refreshed on PS4. The issue with the first PS4 Prime Access was the inability to upgrade packs through the Sony store. We have since then acknowledged this hurdle, and are planning to offer better options for PS4.

The plan as it stands is to offer the Roar pack and the Accessories pack so the value holds up to the unavailable Charge/Stomp pack.  

Melee 2.0

Wherefore art thou Melee 2.0?? We’ve been keeping you updated as the weeks go by as to where our team is at. Geoff and Steve talked about Melee 2.0 with great anticipation in Devstream #24:

Geoff: We realized it wasn't going to be good enough for what people wanted. We're offering choice with the kind of attacks. As a base, you'll have the standard attack (mashing E) you'll play the same combo. But each weapon grip will have a moment where you pause; you'll play a new combo. If you don't execute those properly it will just stop and you'll keep going normally.

Steve: It starts with equipping melee weapon (hold vs tap). Prior melee button will still do the quick attack. We also have a hit-counter going in that will address the DPS gap. It's traditional but it brings a skill based side challenge that you’ll have to keep it going cause it will reset.

Geoff: I feel bad already that people are waiting; I'm not going to say the 'S' word.

Steve: It's not this week. We talked about releasing bits and pieces of it, but we want to bundle it up and make it a big deal.

Account Migration

Our last announcement detailed the discussion we’re having with Sony about Account Migration.

Account Migration is something that we’re fighting for, but it’s still at a discussion stage. We do not know how long it will take at this point.

Shotguns & Balance

We have the feedback and reports on Shotguns, and this will be discussed with dev as time permits. We’d like to solve potential issues, so please report as constructively as possible.

Tethra's Doom Feedback

Right away it was clear that players craved for more difficulty, but at the same time enjoyed the ‘less-grindy’ feel of the Event. The balance between challenge and solo playability for Events is something that must always be considered.

Vay Hek recently interrupted Devstream #24 with an escalated threat. Check out the

and learn what the Hek he was talking about here. This continuation of the Event is basically a harder mode for players/clans who found it too easy, and higher score to up the stakes for competitive clans. There is also a new badge for scores of 1000 or more. Your current scores will still gain you the rewards(Mods/Gorgon Wraith).

Void Rewards

With more Prime Gear being added into the Void the concern of drop balance is high.  Without new Void game modes to put new gear in, the drops need to be redistributed without feeling cluttered.

Void Rewards have received continuous tweaks from player feedback. Rewards such as Credits and (1)Control Module are at the top of the ‘Why Are These In the Void DE??” list. Sheldon was questioned on Devstream #24 about the future of Void rewards:

Sheldon: We're looking for ways to still get that good shot at getting the prime parts you want. The timing rewards in Defense and Survival could use some work. Absolutely I see it and read it.

speaking of void drops, please eliminate the void keys from any non-endless mission.

doing a T1 void exterminate and getting another void key is not what i want. keep void keys in survival and defense missions, but not at the 20 minute/wave 15 mark, make the mission give them at any other time. that way getting forma and prime parts is easier

Glad you guys are considering shotgun rebalance. the status c proc nerfs were somewhat understandable, and accelerated blast was a straight up bug that we all exploited, so I'm glad that's out too. but overall, shotguns don't perform at the same level as other weapons in-game. you guys also boosted the status chance of the boar prime and strun wraith to 40%, and I don't recall that being mentioned at any point. but this also means the hek/sobek/tigris at their 25% status chance, and the not-per-pellet status effects of shotguns have made those weapons all but useless

glad you guys are looking at defense/survival void drop tables. there definitely needs to be a more advanced system than just 20 minute cycles in survival. although that was definitely a great change to normal survival missions, for the void it's still a little unclear as to when prime parts drop. it sounds like one is guaranteed at 20 min, but you can get them sooner, but after 20 min, then what? is it an increased rate to drop prime items over credits or rare cores? I do have to agree with sheldon that we shouldn't get a prime part every 5 waves/minutes in defense/survival, that's not the point, but an increased chance would be great

however, it shouldn't be ever-increasing, because then there would be no randomness. even if say the 2 hour reward is guaranteed to be a certain part, that just means some players will farm precisely 2 hours to get a ton of those parts, and monopolize the market (rhino prime chassis are fetching a pretty high price right now, for example). although it would be nice to be guaranteed the part you're looking for, part almost all games is random chance. having a lucky run is what keeps people coming back, that possibility that maybe this will be the one. if it's a guarantee, then it's not as special

Feeling anxious about melee 2.0.

Disappointed to hear quick charge attacks are going, hope you manage to fix the occasions where the game hiccups and performs a charged attack on its own in the middle of spamming E, I don't want to be switching to melee when I don't want it.

Not sure how timing based combat will work, just have to wait and see.

I can't see you guys ever managing an effective Void drop system based on pure RNG either, but please surprise me.

Yesterday I did 20 T1 Caps. Not only did i not get Bronco Prime BP, but also got 8 T1 Defense. If i wanted to farm keys id be doing another mission. If you are going to reward keys, at least reward the same tier and type, so that I can continue to mindlessly grind.

Ended buying the BP for 5 platinum, because I got tired of farming.

As for survival, did 90 minutes and got 14 credit packs. Increased credits should be something we get automatically for surviving longer, not a random prize to cluster up what I really want, and then have what I want at 3% chance. the whole point of redoing void drop tables was for us to have items dropping at goo chances.

We arent asking to have them handed out, but playing 4 hours straight and getting useless stuff over and over starts to get on your nerves.

Token items for PS4 to signify the players who have stuck with us since the beginning is an ongoing conversation, and while we don’t have any results to report at this time, we believe it is an important topic to continue bringing up with the team, and are doing just that!

This would be incredibly appreciated though I'm not completely sure if the whole impact of it has been lost.

Rebecca's response to the PS4 Excal Prime discussion thread back in December where she explained why DE felt we were not deserving of the founder's pack and of how it was the PC communities hard work that actually allowed them to make the PS4 client to begin with, it kind of felt like this was all said and done.

Our community is young and DE had to decide before the November release whether to recognize in some way but that was seemingly decided against in order to allow the PC community to not feel as if any attention had been taken from them. It is also why DE has been so vocal about never delaying patches on the PC to accommodate the PS4 players. We are the "Second Warframe" therefore all must be done to establish that the PC will not be affected by us. I understand this mentality, I really do, I just disagree with it. 

It's great to see that this is being discussed but at this point it just feels like a response to our complaints rather than something genuine. It is going to take sometime before we can make these two Warframes "One" as Steve would like to say. Let's hope that this is a large step in the right direction towards that goal. :)

when are defense wave rewards going to stack like what was mentioned several months ago?

the longer you stay in survival, the harder it gets and every 5 mins u get a new reward that stacks up

the longer you stay in endless wave defense maps the harder it gets but your 5th wave rewards DO NOT stack... WHY?!?!?!?!

also, LUV the new grineer shipyard tileset, beautiful looking and luvn the rain and thunder/lightningflashes

lastly OMFGWTFBBQ!!!!!! THAT VAY HEK VIDEO IS SOOOO INTENSE =D

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

I'm not quite sure if I like the hold melee to keep it out. It means that I'll always have to keep a finger depressed on the melee key if I want to run around focusing on close combat.

Not quite. If you hold the melee button down it switches to your melee weapon. Similar to pressing "F" to switch to your pistol. You don't have to hold "E" down to keep it out.

Well, one thing with gamemodes you could do is that new Invasion (take control of the four points)... could add that as an extra. Every 5 waves offering a Prime Part while the spots in between would be a really good mod (any rare like Continuity or Streamline). It would help space out the Prime stuff a little.

Another thing to do with the drop tables (and a lot of people have suggested this... and I mean a LOT), make it so it's harder to get the same prime part more than once. If you get the Prime part (Reaper Prime Blade for example), make it have a less chance of getting it again every time you get it. That way it isn't blocking up all the % and you can get the other prime parts that you want to get to by playing that Tier multiple times. If it needs a scale to go by, have it go by the host's current inventory (for prime parts, not the Forma). That should help the scale a bit.

Two things left, really hope the Melee 2.0 will come out eventually... (which is a another word for that "S" word you're talking about lol [this was my second thing])

The devs should really expand on what they are discussing with Sony about account migration. I am excited for migration, and would appreciate it if they at least let us know whether or not it is likely to happen. I hope that didnt sound rude or unappreciative. The devs work their hardest, n i luv em.

But I would be very thankful for clarification.

Void Rewards

With more Prime Gear being added into the Void the concern of drop balance is high.  Without new Void game modes to put new gear in, the drops need to be redistributed without feeling cluttered.

Void Rewards have received continuous tweaks from player feedback. Rewards such as Credits and (1)Control Module are at the top of the ‘Why Are These In the Void DE??” list. Sheldon was questioned on Devstream #24 about the future of Void rewards:

Sheldon: We're looking for ways to still get that good shot at getting the prime parts you want. The timing rewards in Defense and Survival could use some work. Absolutely I see it and read it.

A token system perhaps? So we can choose what we can get. Also there is already plenty of threads about it too.