Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Serious Petition] We Need To Have A Difficulty Setting For Missions.

Mak_Gohae

Recently two enemies have been nerfed, one of them that really came out of nowhere.

The Mine Ospreys now have a limited amount of mines that can drop... was anyone complaining about this?

Is this because of lag? Would be cool if we got an explanation.

Another is the lowering of the number of Ancients that can spawn in defense mission. This whole game is about target priority so i dont see how this was a big deal. I guess it's because when you get to wave 50 it's nothing but Ancients? It was like that before, before when the toxics kill the pod with the clouds and it was very fun trying to stop them before they get to the pod.

And before this the, Mutalist got nerfed to the point where it makes special appearances in missions that are not defense type.

A long time ago there was a bug where you saw a menu that showed a difficulty which didnt turned into anything but i think it's time that it should turn into something.

New players have trouble learning when they pop into the game..... well have them play on easy or medium.

Hek, i was leveling Mirage recently doing a MD in Merc alone and out of nowhere a Grinner Butcher Eximus, dont know what type it was just glowing without giving an aura, just one-shot me because i didnt notice the thing. This unit should not be this early in game because new players are not going to know what the glowing unit means.

For the people that got a lot of stuff maxed, playing most of the solar system is boring because they can roll through the mission. This is why people flip out when they have to farm stuff, because it's literally just running from one end of the stage to the other basically doing nothing. If there was a super hard mode with all the stuff you adjusted, Mutalist before the nerf version, unlimited mines, unlimited Ancients, things would be more exciting and there would actually be a reason to max things out. 

This can also help with the drop tables. Just like you have different Tiers with difference chance to drop items, you can have it so there are better chances of drops or units appearing that drop something on the harder modes. You can also have reward or challenges for beating all missions in a certain difficulty, etc, there's a bunch of stuff that can be done.

This will also solve the issue where new players end up in games with rushers that kill their experience since rushers will be running the harder modes since there's better drops there.

Come on! Let's get this going!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Update

Enemy Accuracy Changes:

Enemy accuracy will now be affected dynamically depending on what movements players are doing. Sprinting, sliding, jumping, and wall-running will all decrease enemies accuracy, and the faster you move the better that penalty becomes.

Because running around evading the enemy shots is not enough......you now will get to debuff them as well.

Wasnt this being done in the first place? I strictly remember running around to evade shots coming at me. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was complaining about how there are so many power effects that on Infested now that it's becoming a mess in certain occasions to see what is going on but the one thing i didnt have a problem with was this. Mainly because that just took all effects away because everything when dark. Secondly, because it was extremely easy to take off. It was so easy, it was such a small problem to me that in certain occasions i didnt take it off. There were times i just waiting till it wore off.

Again, little things that have an extremely small solutions taken away because people decide that they can press one button in between the other actions.

Swarm Mutalist MOA’s nanite cloud visual effects will now only become thicker when attaching to players, not enemies as well.

----------------------------------------

Removed Nightmare Mode from final quest mission in Patient Zero.

The best part of the quest removed.

There arent even that many enemies in that mission to cause serious trouble.

You CAN get in bad spots but it was far from impossible.

-----------------------------------------------------

The Drahk Master will now only steal your weapon if you have a pistol or rifle equipped.

Dont really have a problem when it come to first plays since earth has been a slightly difficult place for new players, but this does affect Nightmare missions which are made to be difficult.

If you made the choice to go in with only one weapon why should that give you a free ride when it come to this unit?

This is the reason that we need difficulty in this game. So now the unit, because of where it's placed, gets balanced based on the level of players that play in that zone and everyone else just gets a bonus that wasnt needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------

New

• Players can now upgrade Rifle, Arrow, Shotgun and Sniper Ammo Mutation Mods from max Rank 3 to max Rank 5 with increased effectiveness.
  • Lowered the damage of Tar-Mutalist MOA’s tar damage over time effect.
  •  
  • Changed Tar-Mutalist MOA’s damage type from Radiation to Corrosive.
  • Reduced the number of shots required to shrink the Nullifier Crewman’s protective shield.

Wow Maaaassive nerfs this time around.

Because no one was asking for it...... you can now get MORE ammo?

The only reason there wasnt a complete riot with the launcher changes is the fact that the mutator mods eased the changed because SOOO much ammo drops. All that the launcher change did was to make players move from their launching spots.

So who actually needed this? High fire rate weapons? Because of those weapons now every other weapons is just never going to run out of ammo?

Tar Mutalist are going the way of the Osprey which is just a complete waste of graphics. At this point i would suggest to cut most of the code of the thing and just have the thing be an infested Stomp MOAs. People are going to still complain just like they did with the Osprey so... yeah.... you are going to have to make walking targets before folks will stop complaining.

I have not encountered the Nullifiers because i have mostly been doing Archwing missions, I am just now getting to that, so i cant personally say how cheesy they were but from what i read here there were enough folks on both sides to show that this was probably the standard nerf where DE reacts to the casual player.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Allowing me to choose the level range of enemies on any given node I've unlocked would be a great start.  I'd love to run an Earth Exterminate against over 100 Grineer within the 20-25 level range.

Of course, I'd also like for lancers to be at least as tough as troopers too.  Troopers feel about right for a "heavy armor" guy that's meant to be cannon fodder in my opinion.

I would prefer set levels for missions that you unlock only once you defeat the whole planet. The problem with going in too individual settings could cause matchmaking issues in some locale areas where the individual player count is otherwise already pretty small but due to having so detailed settings and so limited players, I fear if the system could actually work. Of course, you could have a general search options but even then it might not be enough. Now of course this doesn't apply to me that much because I seem to be able to go to a populated games no problem but I have heard that some players are already struggling with this issue so that is something we should watch out for

In any regard though, yes. I agree that we should finally get that option because not having that option can sometimes limit the joy and fun experience you would otherwise get, but wish for some actual challenge and you are only getting it from end game missions. I think it is damaging for the game in a long run and the game would get so much more life from this option.

Rising on how much health an enemy has and how much damage it would deal, doesn't make the game challenging, rather more annoying and monotonous. 

So no. 

Didnt say this at all, my point was mostly to bring back all the stuff that was taken out because the average player deemed it too hard or DE thought it was too hard for general play.

I repeat, unlimited Ancient, unlimited mines from Ospreys, V2 Mutalist, let's go all the way back, less ammo, lower recovery on stamina, broken lights, Seer's zapper balls. Stuff that will have us moving and thinking. This will not be like the Tower missions where enemies just have more health and do more damage. That will probably be included to some degree but the main feature is to include all the things that were deemed too difficult.

We've been asking for this for a year, I think. All we got was the nightmare mode.

The problem with Nightmare mode is that it's not Warframe. What i mean by that is that Nightmare mode has special conditions to them so you cant just pop in with the same tools you use for the rest of the game. For Nightmare mod you have to, at least i do, build specifically for Nightmare missions. And building for Nightmare missions requires a different set of tools than the rest of the game requires. So i am not playing Warframe, the regular game but harder, i am playing a version of Warframe that requires even a different style of play because of factors the stages have.

I want to play Warframe, the regular game, but with more stuff being thrown at me that keep me involved.

Please

Give us better incentive to run Harder missions as well (like higher rare mod drop chance, increased loot count, increased rare loot chance, etc) or even better mission rewards. Fewer people will run them if there's no incentive and will just stick to easy-mode farm

I want better difficulty and reason to keep playing. Things like invasions or regular missions for that matter are boring because I have no problem with the enemies ( and I dont agree on gimping yourself either, you shouldn't have to do that for a challenge, it should be presented to the player without him having to create that challenge himself)

Also the bomb thing I think was the massive amount of annoying blast procs from their bombs knocking you over repeatedly

...uhh, ok. I can see the option maybe possible if only for solo.

But for co-op, in the same mission, I guess if you crank up difficulty on yours, you get to see more enemies on your than mines, with lower difficulty?? Yay. I'm walking in the empty field!! Or, maybe my only one shot take down same the enemy, that would take you 100 shots?? LOL

...uhh, ok. I can see the option maybe possible if only for solo. But for co-op, in the same mission, I guess if you crank up difficulty on yours, you get to see more enemies on your than mines, with lower difficulty?? Yay. I'm walking in the empty field!! Or, maybe my only one shot take down same the enemy, that would take you 100 shots?? LOL

Of course not you probably did'nt understand , let say you pick Outer terminus , you will have to choose difficulty , easy , normal , hard , you shall not pass  fine? once you select your difficulty you will be set with people who want the same difficulty like the current nightmare mod...

Of course not you probably did'nt understand , let say you pick Outer terminus , you will have to choose difficulty , easy , normal , hard , you shall not pass fine? once you select your difficulty you will be set with people who want the same difficulty like the current nightmare mod...

You mean like the Tower and Void missions, but on every nodes?! Edited by ndantony

Aye.

And please no "higher difficulty = more grunts to kill" I'd rather see them with more health than swim in oceans of grineer. Using ults and shooting penta gets booring fast.

mh...there's a problem. I like them better with about the same health lvl (or slightly more), but with more dmg output! It seems, that "difficult levels" should include more settings, than just "easy", "normal" and "hard".