Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 15.1.1

[DE]Rebecca

You would still need days to get them. Viver was a nice thing to level weapons and get quick syndicate points, but nothing more, you still had to work hard and with a coordinated team to get your stuff. It wasnt on an exploit level or something, just good to get stuff...

Maybe I was playing it differently... the hardest work I had to do was switch fingers to avoid cramps in my 3 or 4 key finger.

1. Thanks for the fixes.

2. I'm impressed at the massive quantity of XP users... and all the effort put (wasted from my point of view) to make a 2014 game run into an OS that was released in 2001. <Just saying>.

Keeping the game operative in 32bit systems is understandable, but XP? o.O

1. Thanks for the fixes.

2. I'm impressed at the massive quantity of XP users... and all the effort put (wasted from my point of view) to make a 2014 game run into an OS that was released in 2001. <Just saying>.

Keeping the game operative in 32bit systems is understandable, but XP? o.O

Why not also incldue Windows 98, and The Second Edition no less! :D

• Fixed stealth finishers being far less effective than they should be.

OMG! Thanks DE! 

It was so awkward that all of my weapons just scratch their backs while doing stealth kills. I even tried it with the new Galatine cuz of the new buff and all and they were like.. "Hey, you missed a spot! REH'GEN SPOH'TER!!!"

is this true?

getting affinity just fine with boosters, only the 'UI' from 'pick up' is not showing (affinity orb icon) 200 Affinity such as on Pendragon1951's screenshot, so if you do bother to look back at the place were you just picked up the orb, you will see the bluish 200 number there like any affinity gain, unless you disabled Show Affinity/Damage numbers on UI.

I support the Viver nerf.  For folks who didn't seem to understand, it worked like this:

1.  A group of 2-4 people consisting of a Trinity + either Mag Prime / Oberon / Rhino Prime stood in a certain place.

2.  They set their bots to press "4" repeatedly.

3.  They went afk for an hour.

4.  #4 skills could hit the whole map, and force all interception nodes to remain neutral.

5.  Return in an hour to collect 15,000 affinity, 200+ mods, whatever resources were left.

6.  All weapons you brought were now L30.

7.  Leave, rinse, repeat.

It was getting difficult to find a group to DO stuff, because everyone was busy afk-botting in Viver.

I pressed my own buttons, thank you very much! :P

AFKing isn't really the issue with Viver. I agree that Viver is (or perhaps was) a powerhouse for affinity gain, but the bigger problem is that the only worthwhile syndicate mods cost thousands of rep points and are locked behind hundreds of thousands more rep points. Even if you're trying to passively gain affinity on your normal missions, it'd take somewhere close to hundreds of hours to get anywhere. Endgame content is fine, but the rewards between the two points are a) too small, and b) take you a step back in getting to the end goal itself. I'd love to hang with a few Charger Specters, but not for their cost. I'm eager to see fixes and tweaks, but it's aggravating to actually be set back on the way there. I'll probably end up testing Viver myself, it'll probably still be one of the only workable nodes left.

Understood.

My suggestion: in addition to being able to "burn" reputation to get a specific item, add the unlocked rewards as random rewards for the Syndicate alerts you get. It would allow players to enjoy rewards quick without slowing their progress.

But, faster progress would still be nice. For that, I really like the idea that better sigils would grant a higher amount of Syndicate points. And, if you can get them as random alert rewards it wouldn't slow you to get them.

The problem was never viver. The problem was the grind introduced with syndicates. This is a lame fix. No one wants to grind viver, it is repetitive and boring. It just was the best spot. GET RID OF THE GRIND !!!!

You're making up the grind in your head by holding so tightly onto the idea that you need the syndicate rewards "now, right now".

Pro tip: Equip a Sigil, play the game normally, do the dailies for your syndicate each day as a new part of playing normally. In a few months you'll suddenly have all the rep you need for whatever.  It's like you weren't even grinding anything to get it! WOW!

(Also, the rewards right now all pretty much suck except for the Large Team restore BPs.  So I don't even get what the hell you people are bothering "grinding" so hard for.)

Edited by SanguineXIII

viver..... Noooooooooooo ;(

What are you "No"ing about? that you can't sit in one place and afk while reaping the benefits? Or are you lamenting your anger because you saw something changed in Viver that you don't understand?

All DE did was change it so that you can't afk in Viver anymore. That's all. It's still great for farming; both exp and syndicate-wise.

AFKing isn't really the issue with Viver. I agree that Viver is (or perhaps was) a powerhouse for affinity gain, but the bigger problem is that the only worthwhile syndicate mods cost thousands of rep points and are locked behind hundreds of thousands more rep points. Even if you're trying to passively gain affinity on your normal missions, it'd take somewhere close to hundreds of hours to get anywhere. Endgame content is fine, but the rewards between the two points are a) too small, and b) take you a step back in getting to the end goal itself. I'd love to hang with a few Charger Specters, but not for their cost. I'm eager to see fixes and tweaks, but it's aggravating to actually be set back on the way there. I'll probably end up testing Viver myself, it'll probably still be one of the only workable nodes left.

This.

A normal (non-horde, non-endless) mission gets you ~20-55 Rep (Depending on spawns and optional objective).
Bum-rushing Phorid gives you the same.
1 round of Interception, with no exploits, afking, or whatever can net you upwards of 200, easily.
I walked away from an 8-round Interception (Assuming 4 min per round, that's a bit over half an hour) with 1.6k Rep. (Admittedly, that was a record, but 1.4k is fairly standard.)
And all this is before Affinity Boosters.

Now, this might be different if I were a new player, with lots of unachieved goals.
I'm not.
Content-wise, I've done pretty much everything. Which isn't to say that I'm burnt out. I'm not.
Mastery-wise, the only available gear that I haven't 'mastered' is the Bo Prime (dat handle, mang... -_- )
Have more than enough credits, resources, etc. that there's nothing I can/need to focus on getting, aside from Fusion fodder. (As always.)
Basically, ignoring self-defined goals or challenges, the only built-in goal left on my 'to do' list is Rep.

So I can spend ~7 minutes playing anything, and walk away with X Rep.
Or I can spend ~3.5 minutes (assuming 100% uptime on all 4 towers) and walk away with 2X Rep bare minimum, and upwards of five times that for equal time spent.

Add in the fact that, at this point, I enjoy horde-mode (Endless) missions and that
A) Interception is an endless that doesn't suffer from Survival's Life Support limitations,
nor B) is it a Mobile Defense / Excavation mission (where target's HP is static, and creatures' damage scales) and
C) Rewards are now stacking.
And oh yeah D) It's the only way to get T4 keys (without spending Rep, which is exactly the opposite of what I'm trying to achieve, and which is dependent on your Syndicate).

So why am I playing Interception nearly exclusively?
I wonder.

*shrug*

=====

The QA guys tell me they haven't see this in their testing -- if you have this happen to you getting your EE.log to a support ticket would be very helpful!

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200182250

Had a squadmate get this this evening (before hotfix).

Sorry, wasn't thinking or I'd've asking him to submit EE.log.

(He's a newbie.)

My only beef with the new viver is that console right there (in image)

I use that wall, to wallrun-backflip and land on the platform above.

That console is kinda blocking the path.

GJ9ZvnP.jpg

-------------

The changes made in viver dont seem to have affected much, kinda feels easier, maybe cause they enemy spawns differently now.

But please dont keep changing it, it's the last piece of heaven in warframe, since defense and mobile defense missions are full of door heroes, this map is a blessing thanks to the almighty-huge-xp-share-range that intercept haves.

In here all are welcome to be door heroes, and I don't have to hate them for being so.

Jump above the console?