Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Ridiculous Damage

King_Lief

So they have to "fix" the amprex to? Because i see 500k red crits whit volt p and this weapon?

You cry for low damage and now cry for tons of Damage, what the hell you want?

Edited by Maki0r

but then how would the bounce thing work?

Exactly.

The bouncy ball grenades should have never been a thing. It's never been a huge issue with the Penta because you can detonate the grenades manually.

Tonkor doesn't have that, so unless you score a direct hit (torso, my grenades go through legs fairly often), your grenade will bounce to god knows where and be wasted.

I've seen my Tonkor grenades land near the enemy, just to bounce and pull a complete 180 and soar across the map. It's ridiculous.

Edited by Aoden

Exactly.

The bouncy ball grenades should have never been a thing. It's never been a huge issue with the Penta because you can detonate the grenades manually.

Tonkor doesn't have that, so unless you score a direct hit, your grenade will bounce to god knows where and be wasted.

maybe they should just add a way to manually activate it then. i like the bounce, gives it more utility. 

• 1 month later...

Original Poster must be a troll, or seeing a number bug and/or overlapping numbers because I've yet to see anything close to what he's saying.

A lot of weapons can achieve miraculous numbers by having the right team setup with buffs and powers. So stop saying that X weapon does OP damage when you are using Banshee's Sonar, Helios's Detect Vulnerability and 4x Corrosive Projection on an Eclipsed Mirage affected by Rhino's Roar, that's not your average mission. The Tonkor is fun, and there are weapons that do just as much damage as it (Did you forget the PENTA?!), so stop trying to grief the entire playerbase and focus on using your Skana with melee only.

It's a bug with Ragdolls and crits, happens pretty often with many weapons, including the Penta. What would happen is that the enemy woulod ragdoll, causing extra damage, then you headshot on that ragdoll, and you get the crit multiplier for it, leading to rather crazy nubers. Fix ragdolls, move along.

Okay, I would get if you guys were against the nerf because the Tonkor is a good weapon, but OP is right, this thing shouldn't be doing upwards of 44 million in crits. That's insane. He brought up a bug, he just did it in a very unpopular way.

I'm fine w/ them reducing the "bugged" damage but the fact that the thing requires at least 4-6 forma just to have all of the mods on it should at least make the thing worth using/powerful. Although I have never seen my tonkor crit for 1mil+. Damage is usually within 30-70k unless i'm just not paying attention. And it's got an 87% crit chance w/ 5.5x crit damage and 6kish blast. IDK i'm probably wrong but oh well.

Okay, I would get if you guys were against the nerf because the Tonkor is a good weapon, but OP is right, this thing shouldn't be doing upwards of 44 million in crits. That's insane. He brought up a bug, he just did it in a very unpopular way.

What he should have did was put it in the right category, like one about bugs.  Not general discussion.  Obviously he did not make this thread to report a bug.  He did it to complain about a weapon.  Had nothing to do with popularity.

I seriously doubt this being nerfed is any higher a priority than Quanta or Soma P. It's not exactly gammacor level of abuse by players for being broken (nor does it see anywhere that level of use). It's just good.

The effort needed to aim it balances it alone not taking into account the bouncing involved after it fires.

If it was hit and  instant detonation, then yes it would be OP, but that is not the case, multiple times the grenade would fly of somewhere of jump and not kill anything. But It has it's charms, I guess.

• 1 month later...

Complains like this are the cause of the stuffs in-game being nerfd constantly, that being said there may be a day when they nerf excalibur EB because of people like you who instead of enjoying the game complains about stuff they don't like because its awesome or are jealous, if this day comes i will leave warframe. Please don't do this.

I like the Tonkor as it is right now. Has very nice high damage at the cost of being hard to aim, slow to reload, and having a small magazine size. This weapons introduced new life into the game for me, as it is VERY fun to use. I really like how there is no suicide drawback, even though I doesn't exactly make any sense. Just the annoyance of having the grenade bounce through the legs of the enemies is enough of an annoyance to offset its' high damage.

Tonkor should be left how it is.