Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt's Electric Shield Not Giving Bonuses To Hitscan Weapons With Punch Through

LascarCapable

Tested against the infested, with Soma Prime.

Without shield :

CFtzRTp.jpg

With shield :

5V0FS8U.jpg

It's pretty game breaking, considering that the only thing that kept Volt as a viable choice was its shield. I hope for a fix as soon as possible. :)

EDIT : the issue is related to punch through on hitscan weapons.

I noticed this bug too after update 17.4.2 and today i found out something really interesting. Electric shield seems to work just fine with weapons that are:

a) projectile based (any bow, boltor, ballistica, hikou etc.)
b) pure elemental (gammacor, amprex)

But wait ! that's not all ! Electric shield still works with normal weapons too but to make it so You have to remove any punchthrough mod on Your weapons. 

Two images showing soma prime vs. lvl 20 corrupted heavy gunner both with and without Shred mod:

http://imgur.com/83D7Aby&dTm7cle

DE has been constantly messing around with Electric Shield and it would be real nice if we could just stop breaking and fixing it every few updates.

DE said they are working on it. They removed bonuses a few hotfixes ago...   There

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/526883-hotfix-1742/?hl=%2Belectric+%2Bshield

It takes freaking long though.  Maybe they doing complete overhaul for Volt. I mean there were lots of threads about "Volt rework" (D20's my fav). Maybe they gonna do him after Saryn and....that other frame they doing right now.

I noticed this bug too after update 17.4.2 and today i found out something really interesting. Electric shield seems to work just fine with weapons that are:

But wait ! that's not all ! Electric shield still works with normal weapons too but to make it so You have to remove any punchthrough mod on Your weapons. 

Two images showing soma prime vs. lvl 20 corrupted heavy gunner both with and without Shred mod:

DE has been constantly messing around with Electric Shield and it would be real nice if we could just stop breaking and fixing it every few updates.

Edited by Electrohead

So the issue is about punch through ? That makes sense since I put shred in a bit everything. Thanks for clarifying. :)

So very much this. I desperately hope they're not reworking him completely when all that's maybe a bit lacking was overload. He was in such a solid spot for such a long time... *sigh*

Update 17.7 just landed and still no fix for our bug. The whole update was a little underwhelming tbh. One new helm, one weapon pbr, new avatars and some minor fixes ? More like an hotfix patch. 

"- Fixed punch-through Mods disabling the Harpak and Paracyst’s alt-fire."

Well now they are just being rude. 

Update 17.7 just landed and still no fix for our bug. The whole update was a little underwhelming tbh. One new helm, one weapon pbr, new avatars and some minor fixes ? More like an hotfix patch. 

"- Fixed punch-through Mods disabling the Harpak and Paracyst’s alt-fire."

Well now they are just being rude. 

Dude I've been waiting for that fix since update 15.5 have a look at the release date for the Paracyst.

I'm sure they'll fix volt soon enough in comparison to the punch through problem existing since 15.5 

They have not fixed the issue I reported either.

Honestly the "Volt Rework" could just be an end to all these bugs and I would be happy. And I say that as someone for whom regular Volt is still shown as my most used frame (though, prime is finally cutting into that), and he was not my starter.