Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decoration Tools - Cmon Now

AdunSaveMe

Decoration is cool. I like filling my Dojo with shiny things and glowy bits.

But do the tools to do so have to be so tedious to use? I think there could be a couple of improvements, personally

I dunno, here's a couple o' thoughts (try to bear the whining);

-Add a copy/paste tool.

If you're trying to make stuff symmetrical, but also complex, you'd know. You spend a few minutes trying to get something to just the right size, the perfect rotation, you place it... and then you have to go back to the terminal, scroll, select the item, walk back, and spend another few minutes getting the size and rotation on THIS one right...
Copy/paste would be so nice. You could just copy the one you spent a while perfecting and stick it elsewhere, maybe with a bit of an edit.

-Continuous placement, please

Bit like the issue above, but when I place something, it a little annoying having the walk back to the terminal, select it, walk back and place it, then do that over and over and over...

I'm saying it would be very useful to be able to go to the terminal, select something, place it, then place another one, and another, until you press ESC.

-The popup menus, bleh

It's awkward closing every window that pops up saying "decoration placed successfully" or "thankyou for your contribution". Maybe this could be done in a message at the bottom of the screen, similar to loot pickups? Minor annoyance, nothing major.

-Slightly uneven ground

This isn't so much to do with tools. But you cannot place a decoration on ground that is even slightly bumpy.

Case in point, the Leto garden room. Good luck sticking anything on that ground at a size you want it to be.

Also, if you place a floor panel in the water of certain rooms (you know, with the ankle-deep water) you can't select it or edit it or delete it. Wish I'd known that beforehand.

-Afterthought; editing after placement

Another cool thing that would save time is the ability to rotate and/or resize objects after they have been placed, but before they have started building.

If you make a mistake and realize too late, you have to go back to the terminal, click edit, go to the decoration, remove it, go back to the terminal, select it and place it again.

Of course the alternative would be not to bugger it up the first time around, but it happens.

Food for thought. Just some ideas. Overall, I just love the fact that you can actually decorate the Dojo with cool stuff.

Feel free to contribute (and thankyou for your contribution! [OK])

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Also, the inability to jump, run(which is ok), or operate friggin elevators is a pain. When I was decorating the upper section of an elevator, I had to ask a clanmate to operate the elevator for me. If they didn't know what was going on, I'd have to exit out of the item I was going to place, chat them up, and start the process at the console again.(you can't chat while placing either)

One other time, a friend was trying to place an object on top of a platform. Since he didn't have line of sight to the top of the platform, he couldn't place what he wanted how he wanted. After about 10 minutes he was able to mess around with the geometry of the object and place it, but that time could have been saved if he could have just jumped.

I agree that it is extremely tedious and is one of the main reasons my dojo is so barren.  I can't even move things once I place them.  Not even before I commit resources to it.  Took me far too long to get two stone statues where I wanted them because I had to cancel and replace over and over to make slight adjustments.  The funny thing is that after they were finished I didn't like it so I have to completely destroy them if I want to try something else. No. Thanks,

I've addressed some of this in a post of mine titled "Dojo Construction".  I won't repeat everything, but an overhead view for dojo room building (with planning ahead) and decoration placement would be amazing.  A key-binding could be set up to change an items orientation from floor to wall to ceiling.

I've addressed some of this in a post of mine titled "Dojo Construction".  I won't repeat everything, but an overhead view for dojo room building (with planning ahead) and decoration placement would be amazing.  A key-binding could be set up to change an items orientation from floor to wall to ceiling.

That's a great idea. Though it might not work so well for multi-level rooms like the grandest hall.

Maybe a sort of unlocked camera mode? You know the one. Disconnect yourself from your body and fly around.

I'm pretty sure that could be done, because it's already a thing the devs can do, albeit slightly differently.

I considered in-world prompts to edit decorations instead of having to use an option in the terminal (i.e. walk over to a decoration, "press x to edit" pops up) but I think that would be more annoying than anything.

That's a great idea. Though it might not work so well for multi-level rooms like the grandest hall.

Maybe a sort of unlocked camera mode? You know the one. Disconnect yourself from your body and fly around.

I'm pretty sure that could be done, because it's already a thing the devs can do, albeit slightly differently.

I considered in-world prompts to edit decorations instead of having to use an option in the terminal (i.e. walk over to a decoration, "press x to edit" pops up) but I think that would be more annoying than anything.

In-World prompts wouldn't be horrible.  I think maybe an edit mode would make it easier to handle so you don't have excess prompts showing up all over the place.  Access any terminal to enter edit mode and then walk around and edit all the props you want, then find any terminal to exit edit mode if you want to interact with the regular stuff.

In-World prompts wouldn't be horrible.  I think maybe an edit mode would make it easier to handle so you don't have excess prompts showing up all over the place.  Access any terminal to enter edit mode and then walk around and edit all the props you want, then find any terminal to exit edit mode if you want to interact with the regular stuff.

Yeah, might work as an option. Though to be frank, pointing and clicking might be better. You can do it at range.

• 3 weeks later...

so long as I don't have to run back and forth from the access terminal

Good news, everyone! Decoration Placement 'mode' and Decoration Edit 'mode' are being worked on to occur from the palm-of-your-hand, ESC menu style! This means you can enter either of these modes from anywhere in the Dojo without having to run back and forth!

Good news, everyone! Decoration Placement 'mode' and Decoration Edit 'mode' are being worked on to occur from the palm-of-your-hand, ESC menu style! This means you can enter either of these modes from anywhere in the Dojo without having to run back and forth!

Happy days are soon at hand.

Oh thank god, dojo decorating is so buggy and laborious atm.

Time to party, gentlemen

Side question, any word about the actual placement? It's still pretty buggy on slightly uneven terrain.

Please  please please please let us upgrade rooms like turn a hall into great hall, our Dojo a mess because you need one of each barracks and one of each hall.

So, next up will DE address being unable to change that giant Loki statue?

awesome and long overdue =]

:) finally all heil the lotus

You just made my night.

OMG I want to upvote this so many times. FINALLY!

Can we PLEASE get 'decoration' added as a Clan RIGHTS option?

I.E  There are people in my clan that would LOVE to be able to decorate and add stuff to the dojo but I don't trust them with 'architect' rights to destroy whole sections of the dojo if they so chose.

Fair enough?

Alright! Hopefully this will allow me to place the Buddha statue on the ceiling of the observatory, it took me a hell of a while to nail the first placement on the ground in the center of the projector.

More importantly, I want to be able to place a smaller Tenno statue on top of the giant Tenno statue in the temple entryway tile, but I guess it's a nonsolid object or something. Either way, it's not gonna let me go up there without some crazy trickster bullS#&$ lol

Edited by weirdee