Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does Khora have Venari?

GenthReborn

I'm putting this here as opposed to feedback as I'm more looking at theme rather than mechanics. I know many people dislike Venari because of AI issues, but this isn't the point of this post. 

Khora seems to have 75% of her theme be, well, spider based. And thats a cool theme, entangling foes, drawing them into her web, and using that to inflict horrible pain. I could have seen her with a #3 that built on that, perhaps her jumping onto a foe entangled or in strangledome, and sucking their innards for increased health or armor or both. Instead we get Venari. 

Venari is a really cool concept, but would have had better support if tied to a frame actually focused on being the Beastmaster, or even better "Lion Tamer", with abilities that completely focused on making awesome combos with Venari. 

In short, why did these two disparate concepts get smooshed together in a way that, to me at least, feels unmeshed. 

I don't see how they are disparate concepts. It is true while Khora may have been originally a different concept, it just so happens that the idea of trapping is not exclusive to spiders.

Edited by Goodwill

her abilities arent really spider like, her 4th abilitiy is more like a cage which keeps the animals inside(or our enemies) and her 2 is to keep the herd (or the enemy groups) together, her 1 is literally a whip, if i had to compare her to something id compare her to harrow, she is basicly a female harrow with a cat, she is the crazy cat lady who loves to chain down her enemies

Her actual themes are "metal" and "tamer"

But yeah, kinda sad they kept the "spider" visual, since it could be a really cool frame concept, and now she is spider related I'm pretty sure we won't see a real spiderframe anymore...

(Nekros is also inspired by spiders in its visual, and Valkyr have that spiderman hook too... BTW, pretty sure that Valk's 1 was made for Nekros. I guess DE can't handle spiderframe :clem: )

Conceptually I think it's she's fine.

If you want to know why Khora has Venari you need look no further than the best (and worst) lore in the game. 

So go grind yourself the Encrypted journal entries and listen to the hidden audio files, or better yet since the RNG on that was terribad watch them on youtube. 

That is why Khora has Venari. 

I think it would be nicer if she had a unique type of pet/animal companion. I like Kavats, but we already have them. If, on the other hand, she had some sort of bear, hyena, lizard... you name it, Khora would be much more interesting. Not to mention, popular.