The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Farm - Why do it again DE?

Joe_Barbarian

It’s not that bad anymore. Bounties are fine. It’s just that people remember being lied to about it being Open-World. But they said it’s just a start so.. I get you’re salty about Cetus but It’s fine. Gold drops chances aren’t bad either. It drops from lower stages as well so I don’t get it. Bounties are one of the most rewarding content in the game regarding platinum. It sure will be much easier than Khora grind by the looks of it. Plus we have twice much stonger Octavia now thanks to the new augment. How much easier does it have to be?? Also I suggest you doing some Cetus contents before Fortuna. You won’t have time to do both. 

Edited by (PS4)johnsoigne

2 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

1 try for Systems and chassis 

3 for Neuroptic.

almost the same as it was for Gara. I never understood which "grind" people whined about

RNG is RNG. For every good experience, there's a bad one.

Still, I doubt the bad experiences for Revenant will come anywhere close to the bad ones for frames like Khora or Harrow or Ash.

love or hate bounties will depends on the person , i personally like it .

to be honest , this grind is decent as it is not as bad as sanctuary onslaught,

when excalibur  umbra was given easily , people complain too easy

yet when there is grind involve , people complain too tedious 

u can nvr pls anyone honestly.

hence for revenant , just hope one day that  the bounties can be retake outside of plains to make it easier to grind just like fortuna 

The grind to get Revenant isn't too bad. It gives more motive to do bounties and I've been meaning to do bounties again to get more lens for my weapons on top of eidolon lens for more of my frames. Having Revenant parts drop from the bounty gives more motive to get some side rewards while aiming for Revenant itself.

Ultimately it doesn't seem designed for people to get the frame in a single day. I tend to get parts for building frames overtime. Which is why it felt like the Khora and Gara grind weren't bad. You knew how to get their parts and still got good rewards even if you don't get those parts. The only grinds that have felt awful in the time I've been playing were regular saryn. Octavia and harrow. I just bought the later 2. With this, there is no traveling between different planets. It can easily be seen how to get Revenant parts and the chance you have to get them.

Edited by Aurora3500
Fixing typos

In my opinion it could be a lot worse, it could have lower drop chance or even dropped by the Tridolons. Check at the recent unvaulting and releases to compare. Look at Khora, her blueprint and systems have a drop chance of around 5% on rotation C on sanctuary onslaught (Which is around 20 minutes, and this is also ignoring the fact that doing the elite version for the same amount of time has better rewards and focus farm). Look at the recently unvaulted Rhino/Nyx Prime. To get the Axi S3 relic, it's around a 5% drop chance for doing Marduk for 5 minutes or around 11% drop chance for doing Interception/Survival for 20 minutes, and you're not even guaranteed to get a relic share group when you want, or even the actual parts you need when you crack the relic. 

In comparison, Revenant has around a 20% drop on his chassis/system and 10% drop on the nuero on stage 5 in a bounty. That is already a significant improvement than the previous releases, and is in line with farming other quest Warframes such as Octavia, Harrow, Nidus. 

You know when Frost/Loki/Ember Prime relics were last unvaulted and placed in the bounties people hated it. But it wasn't the worse grind, because at least the relics had a high chance of dropping. But farming for the recently unvaulted Rhino/Nyx has been such a miserable experience that people actually want the relics back in the bounties.  

Bounties themselves aren't the hardest thing to do, and you get plenty of other rewards for doing them, such as lenses and cetus rep. I would rather do bounties then the numbness of farming for Khora's parts or the Nyx/Rhino prime relics. 

That said, I'm not defending the low drop chances, if farming for Octavia, Harrow, Nidus is acceptable to you then you can farm for Revenant. 

6 hours ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

How could have DE done better?
Make it an Eidolon Bounty reward.
Make the parts from the Eidolon drops that's cool too even fits in with the quest and story.

Let me point out that not everyone hunts for eidolons, not everyone cares to hunt for them, locking a warframe behind a part of the game that not everyone plays or even can play based on behind the scene stats (most likely) would be worse than the bit of grind (like everything else that is new in this game gets) to farm it in regular bounties that just about all the community can run.

2 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

Let me point out that not everyone hunts for eidolons, not everyone cares to hunt for them, locking a warframe behind a part of the game that not everyone plays or even can play based on behind the scene stats (most likely) would be worse than the bit of grind (like everything else that is new in this game gets) to farm it in regular bounties that just about all the community can run.

*cough* ATLAS *cough* ARCHWING REQUIRED
*cough* UMBRA *cough* MOTE AMP REQUIRED
*cough* QUEST REQUIRED RANK 2 QUILLS *cough*

Is it just me or did it suddenly get hot in here?

2 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

*cough* ATLAS *cough* ARCHWING REQUIRED
*cough* UMBRA *cough* MOTE AMP REQUIRED
*cough* QUEST REQUIRED RANK 2 QUILLS *cough*

Is it just me or did it suddenly get hot in here?

Nope it did not just get hot in here at all. We are talking about revenant not other this as you started the conversation. If you want to change it well lets see the Mote Amp is the basic of basics I still have it and that is all I have. Acquired easily by anyone with just following a quest line. Rank 2 Quills easy to do just playing in PoE without ever being forced to kill eidolons. Archwing use to be fun and is fully integrated into the quest storyline.

Like it or not everything is obtainable fairly easy in terms of how to get them; it is just setup to take a long time "the grind" for the free player to entice ppl to buy items. That is how F2P games work.

15 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

locking a warframe behind a part of the game that not everyone plays or even can play

*lists 2 other warframes locked behind part of the game that not everyone plays*
Yes Archwing is intergrated into the questline but have you EVER tried getting atlas without fully ranked and modded archwing weapons? You'd lying if you said you did and you enjoyed it. Also...
*mentions that revenant is already locked behind rank 2 quills which you have to kill an eidolon or sentients in which you need a mote amp*

5 hours ago, Gamora090 said:

This is a slap to the face. They should make all his parts drop as common during the quest. DE, I don't like it how you treat the f2p players lately. Almost all the newest frames are locked behind a grind wall which "ENCOURAGES"  us to buy it with Platinum. Please, stop it. 

Dude, really? You can't even spend an hour to grind? It only took me 4-5 bounties to get all the Revenant parts.

Just now, fadingtheory said:

Umbra does not require a Mote amp, or any amp at all, since Operator death during quests is meaningless (From a failure perspective, anyway. It's still catastrophically torturous).

I wouldn't even wish people on death row to do that quest without an amp.

1 minute ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

I wouldn't even wish people on death row to do that quest without an amp.

I did it that way. It is, indeed, horrible. Died at least 30 times, probably closer to 40 or 50. After the 5th or so death you stop even trying to defend yourself.

4 hours ago, rune_me said:

You have to remember that when Gara dropped and the plains were first released, you only got one reward per bounty completed. So some, myself included, has pretty painful memories of farming Gara.

Now that you get a reward after each stage of a bounty, she is probably the easiest frame in the game to farm. I could build 50 garas I think, if I wanted to.

Good point. I did forget about that. I didn't have much of an issue with the old bounties tbh.
But to be fair, I'm also use to playing MMORPGs and having to do long repeatable quests for a chance at an award.

Even then, compared to repeatables in other F2P games )which usually charge you money or some hard to get currency to repeat a quest/event/whatever Gara was godly ease to get.
I actually got her on day 1 from the bounties.

I still think Oberon is the easiest...but she's definitely a close second.

It was one of the easier frames to farm...

If you dont remember:

3-Stage Bounty 4-Stage Bounty 5-Stage Bounty
  • Stage 1: Common
  • Stage 2: Common, Uncommon
  • Stage 3: Uncommon, Rare
  • Stage 3: Common, Uncommon
  • Stage 4: Uncommon, Rare
  • Stage 3: Common, Uncommon
  • Stage 4: Common, Uncommon, Rare
  • Stage 5: Uncommon, Rare

So 3 chances per bounty for a systems. I got it twice in a row.

4 chances for a Chassis per bounty

and 2 chances for a helm per bounty.

got all the pieces in a few hours.

7 hours ago, LSG501 said:

It's pretty obvious the thinking behind this 'release'....

DE haven't had many items to sell this year, so they're making all the new releases harder to get to 'encourage' us to just buy it with plat.

This was a thing ever since nidus, frame parts kept getting more and more tedious to get

Though they did back off with revenant, since Khora needed 4 parts to farm and with his they gave us the BP, but that’s offset by Poe and bounties being Poe and bounties I guess 

1 hour ago, DogManDan said:

Not everyone should have everything by default either. What kind of metality is that? You don’t have to have it nor they don’t owe you a new frame by any means. Stop trying to force limitations on DE’s own freedom of creative rights. 

Thankfully you can play other parts of the game and buy him with platinum.

Platinum = time. If you don’t want to spend time on farming him, spend that time somewhere else and use that platinum. How nice is that in a f2p game.

Just think of it as DE have put his parts in the star chart and you’re farming him. Play fissures now, sell Rhino, Nyx, whatever you have access to

Edited by (PS4)johnsoigne

Just now, (PS4)thowed said:

It should be given for free, with 3 forma, exp boosters and rivens for any weapons that drop with him.  All this just for logging in.  Seriously if you're not gonna buy it, then grind.

Smartypants I never said anything about the grind being a problem it's where it is that posted about. He's a Eidolon themed Warframe, not some casual Warframe like Gara.