Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma needs a rework

Aleksi134

2 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

Nice logic you have there, unfortunately it’s also wrong 

DE already put him on a list, and he’s not gonna jump the line....you know why? Because he’s doing better than the frames in front of him. He’s getting looked at, he’s in the list, drop your speacilty act and move on, if you’re not offering feedback then your job is done, he’s not special and neither are his fans 

Sir or Ma'me, this isn't helpful, can be considered toxic, and further could be potentially insulting.  Let me put this out there...  what is your comment contributing to Warframe becoming a better game?  This is a thread about Chroma correct?  This is also a feedback thread as you stated so obviously you're aware of that.  Jump into the conversation and help us do something positive for Chroma, please.  If you don't care about Chroma, or prefer other frames, start a thread about them if they need attention.  I'm sure you can appreciate not being told the quoted text above regarding something you're a fan of, when you're actively giving feedback publicly.

• Like 2

ok i was kind of petty and bitter with my previous post but my my most hated thing is meta. i feel both claustrophobic and heavily constricted with chroma's "best" builds it is literally draining the sanity out of me just running builds only for vex armor and a part of elemental ward. i have so much pent up aggression with the term meta, i am afraid of meeting the person who invented the concept of meta because i would probably unload it all by yelling and screaming at the person till they went deaf. 

and i just hate the idea of adding a elemental swapping to it because i feel that would just push chroma into requiring a more meta build rather then a enjoyable and fun build even though i personally see no added benefit to be able to swap between elements besides changing which meh buff elemental ward has, and apparently benefiting condition overload which again is giving us another way to effect weapons when we already have 1 ability already doing that.

6 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

ok i was kind of petty and bitter with my previous post but my my most hated thing is meta. i feel both claustrophobic and heavily constricted with chroma's "best" builds it is literally draining the sanity out of me just running builds only for vex armor and a part of elemental ward. i have so much pent up aggression with the term meta, i am afraid of meeting the person who invented the concept of meta because i would probably unload it all by yelling and screaming at the person till they went deaf. 

and i just hate the idea of adding a elemental swapping to it because i feel that would just push chroma into requiring a more meta build rather then a enjoyable and fun build even though i personally see no added benefit to be able to swap between elements besides changing which meh buff elemental ward has, and apparently benefiting condition overload which again is giving us another way to effect weapons when we already have 1 ability already doing that.

I'm in a similar boat with the meta thing, but more similar with the claustrophobia comment... totally get what you mean there.  When I play on many other frames, there tends to be multiple avenues on builds that while they may not me "meta" they're also not ineffective either.. thus giving me wiggle room to have fun.  Feels like I have to break my back with chroma builds just so he can stand next to other frames in terms of what I'm bringing to the table help wise in a group.  Using Spectral scream in a group even with max vex is probably the most anticlimactic move in terms of fun or how it feels.  *hit the button, hear a decent? noise, frame does a semi-decent? animation, and bloop!... I'm sorda drooling whatever element I chose at the enemy, and they react more disgusted than hurt.  For example, swap the elemental effect of the Ignis or other single element weapons with spectral screams and see how many people use those weapons.

Honestly there's no reason why chroma shouldn't be able to pick the element type with any color while weapons are able to.  Swapping E types in game I see as a "well I feel like doing" a bit more than a "I really need this" but to a point.

The way DE describes Chroma, and the way Chroma is currently is something close to false advertising if you catch my drift.  I feel like I'm bringing my team down by using him instead of using another frame.  I would literally pay $ for a notification noise/animation/effect of some kind when vex is going down.  In fact I try so hard to be useful in groups playing him that it's more stressful when I fail to notice it and it poofs, so it's become an absolute chore watching those little numbers in the corner.  Other frames have this, even something as simple as a noise I don't think would asking for much at all.  In fact I don't think asking for overall rework consider asking for Chroma to be worked on at all is asking for much considering the creators also agree with that.  I'm all for new content and I under stand how much warframe needs it atm, but the the Prime frame and Armor would have taken much longer in terms of manpower to complete vs... a noise for vex, or something as simple as adjusting the output numbers on SS/Effigy at minimum just as they altered his energy amount etc for the prime version.  Not taking a few minutes to adjust something that would at least make a move semi useful as a band-aid when his Prime came out... it just sits wrong with me... selling for the amount they do, and gaining currency for something absolutely sub par that they know and admit needs to be changed...  that shouldn't be acceptable.  I say that because I care and I want good changes, not to bash.

If they openly said he's in a good place, or nothing will happen with him because of X reason, then I'd understand no changes coming with the Prime as that's their mindset... even if I or others disagree.  But them stating he's going to be looked at in the future and then that not happening is a much larger issue than people realize as that can obviously carry over to anything else in the game.

3 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

Nice logic you have there, unfortunately it’s also wrong 

DE already put him on a list, and he’s not gonna jump the line....you know why? Because he’s doing better than the frames in front of him. He’s getting looked at, he’s in the list, drop your speacilty act and move on, if you’re not offering feedback then your job is done, he’s not special and neither are his fans 

And what makes you so special to say I'm not? As far as I know there's been no mention of Chroma on their rework list (Nyx, Wukong, Titania, maybe Vauban, maybe not in that order). Chroma may not be special to YOU, but he is to me and many other players. So get outta here.

Passive: Gives chroma immunity to the chosen element and 25% (Heat - Electricity - Toxin - Cold) Damage to all weapons.

Spectral Scream (Max Rank)

- Tap the ability to change elements (Like Ivara and Vauban) and hold to cast it.

- Chroma shoots a projectile that deals 500 damage of the chosen element with 100% status chance. (Affected by strength)

- Heat will ignite the ground in 5m radius for 10s, Electricity will chain up to 5 enemies in 10m range, Toxin will leave 5m cloud for 10s, Cold will freeze the ground for 10s slowing any enemy by 75%. (Not affected by range or duration)

- Casting the ability while elemental ward is active will double the projectile's damage and range.

- Casting the ability on effigy will heal it to full health and gives it a small buff that lasts for 10s. (Not affected by duration)

- Augment Change: Chroma shoots 3 projectiles that seek out nearby targets and deals 1000 damage with 100% status chance, Removes AoE.

Elemental Ward (Max Rank)

- Increased duration from 25s to 30s.

- The augment is unchanged.

Vex Armor (Max Rank)

- Reduced the amount of shields lost to maximize scorn from 400 to 300 considering that both chroma and chroma prime have 300 shields by default at max rank.

- Augment Change: Chroma releases a pulse every 150 damage taken, Inflicting the chosen element in 15m radius. (Not affected by range)

Effigy (Max Rank)

- Attack range increased from 20m to 30m. (Not affected by range)

- Reduced energy drain from 10/s to 6/s.

- Removed the armor penalty.

- It follows you around, And you can command it to stay.

-Augment Change: Chroma spreads his wings and gains the ability to fly, Cannot use any of his weapons but can use his other three abilities, Shoot button will allow chroma to unleash a stream, dealing 2500 damage of the chosen element, Secondary fire will allow chroma to shoot an explosive projectile, Dealing 500 damage and ragdolling enemies within 7 meters (Affected by range), Energy drain is doubled.

Edited by (PS4)X-x-X_8_O-o-O

5 hours ago, (XB1)ultamite hero said:

Does being aware of the fanbases desire for a chroma rework translate to having him on the rework list? Cause if I recall they said they had no plans for chroma rework or did that change?

they stated in the latest devstream that he is, and that the only reason he hasn't been touched is that there are worse frames that him.....yes, chroma isn't the only frame out there, shocker right? 

4 hours ago, hooperinius said:

Just out of curiosity who are they working on now?

nyx, wukong and titania....maybe vauban too, but nyx is definitely first and currently being worked on 

4 hours ago, Conflux59 said:

Sir or Ma'me, this isn't helpful, can be considered toxic, and further could be potentially insulting.  Let me put this out there...  what is your comment contributing to Warframe becoming a better game?  This is a thread about Chroma correct?  This is also a feedback thread as you stated so obviously you're aware of that.  Jump into the conversation and help us do something positive for Chroma, please.  If you don't care about Chroma, or prefer other frames, start a thread about them if they need attention.  I'm sure you can appreciate not being told the quoted text above regarding something you're a fan of, when you're actively giving feedback publicly.

drop the sophisticated act please, my reply to the thread got merged here which it should, so I understand that it might seem off. my point was that chroma is already on the rework list and there's no need for cries to rework him, since they're aware and will get to him eventually, while also reminding you guys that he's not the center of attention, and there's frames way worse than him

I'm fine with you guys giving feedback, it's what you suppose to do in this situation, as long as you actually follow what DE says and know what they're up to, and not act like you deserve a rework or demand it.....just look at the big picture, that's all 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Young Boy HT said:

And what makes you so special to say I'm not? As far as I know there's been no mention of Chroma on their rework list (Nyx, Wukong, Titania, maybe Vauban, maybe not in that order). Chroma may not be special to YOU, but he is to me and many other players. So get outta here.

I never said I was special....in fact, I am, but that's because every person is special in some way : P 

well, that's kinda the issue here, you demand and want him reworked, when DE already said they're aware of it and they'll come to him eventually, said so in the end of the latest devstream. every frame is special too, but he's not my cup of tea, and there's nothing wrong that you find him special....all I'm saying is if he's that special to you, you might wanna try and follow what the devs say about him, and think that there's probably frames that are worse than him which should get touched before 

also, very classy finish there, but I will since I did what I came here to do....rest is up to you if you wanna get it in your head or not 

Can we just make his cool Spectral Scream ability actually useful? This ability is really cool and visually satisfying but it's really just tickling the enemy... I had this idea in mind to swap his 1st and 4th abilities. What if we had his sentry on his 1st ability the way it is now (obviously with lowered energy consumption and maybe slightly lowered health), and had his Spectral Scream his 4th (ultimate) ability and make it way better and actually viable. Probably remove the range penalty, increase the Fire Rate/DoT frequency (1 damage per second is just silly on a flamethrower ability really) and give it high status chance and elemental abilities. To balance it making a really strong AOE flamethower, give back the (only slightly) slowed movement like it was before and slightly increase the energy cost.

• Like 1

I had this same idea about the 4th ability making it his 1, I think most people do cuz it seems like such a 1 ability. And most people just want an all new 4 all together. Most 4 cover all around 360 degree radius area of effect. Spectral scream wouldn't work as 4. More of a number 2, they should really just combine 2 and 3 abilities into one. Kind of dumb that it's in two different abilities slots. It waste chromas ability slots. Make his spectral scream ability 2 with more dmg range and 100% status effect and make 3rd ability the mixture of 2 and 3 and 4th ability frost avalanche for ice saryn miasma for toxin volts 4th for electric and maybe a new 4th fire one. Or at least something along those lines of strength and power. 

• Like 1

I'm sincerely trying but failing to see how letting the fans of a frame know that they aren't special is helping the situation.  You're correct... Chroma fans aren't special, but they... just like fans of other frames...  find something about their preferred choice special and appealing to them.

"think that there's probably frames that are worse than him which should get touched before"

I just posted about this on the prior page.  Yes you may not be wrong, but that's also completely subjective.  Chroma was just Primed so I don't see why it's not appropriate to push for this after they stated there's no plans for him unacceptably.  If they said differently in the last stream, cool, though I must have missed that important detail. 

If the community pushes for changes and DE doesn't get around to doing them, then the word will be "well there wasn't enough of an outcry for rework" ...and here we have an outcry for rework and the word is instead "pay attention they said he's on the list"  ...further what is different from them saying *we'll revisit him in the future* vs *he's on the list* after the nerf/recalc?  In this case, we've heard it before and nothing has happened since.  So in my opinion, pushing until it's actually being done is perfectly acceptable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Conflux59 said:

I'm sincerely trying but failing to see how letting the fans of a frame know that they aren't special is helping the situation.  You're correct... Chroma fans aren't special, but they... just like fans of other frames...  find something about their preferred choice special and appealing to them.

"think that there's probably frames that are worse than him which should get touched before"

I just posted about this on the prior page.  Yes you may not be wrong, but that's also completely subjective.  Chroma was just Primed so I don't see why it's not appropriate to push for this after they stated there's no plans for him unacceptably.  If they said differently in the last stream, cool, though I must have missed that important detail. 

If the community pushes for changes and DE doesn't get around to doing them, then the word will be "well there wasn't enough of an outcry for rework" ...and here we have an outcry for rework and the word is instead "pay attention they said he's on the list"  ...further what is different from them saying *we'll revisit him in the future* vs *he's on the list* after the nerf/recalc?  In this case, we've heard it before and nothing has happened since.  So in my opinion, pushing until it's actually being done is perfectly acceptable.

This right here are really good points.

• Like 3

my lazy rework idea...

1- spectral scream switching elements on a wheel. Holds to attack and gains utility and damage based on mods.

2- (new) effigy, has duration instead of being channelled and warps the terrain around it. Gives Chroma some new advantage to make up for the armour stripping.

3- merge elemental ward and vex armour

4- (new) awaken, IF effigy is inactive Chroma enters into an exalted state like Titania. He flies and his primary is his dragon breath (modable in arsenal) with alternate fire raining down balls of fire/ice/sweage/lightning. Vex armour gains additional elemental benefits, heat amplifies the benefit of Fury, cold amplifies the benefits of Scorn, toxin converts Fury weapon damage into gas, electric converts Scorn into a modified rage where shield damage rewards energy.

IF effigy is active the pelt reasserts it's sentient form as a dracolyst. This ally gains full mobilty moving and attacking like a sentient enemy, it roars setting enemies into panic and gains a special ability based on element. It will target the same enemies as Chroma and rescue him if he enters into a downed state.

Sorry this all sounds messy I have not slept for a while ha ha

Edited by (XB1)SirMilkfiend
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

I sympathize with your gripes. 1 is useless, 4 is just average and only useful for stationary defense so all chroma players do is build for 2 and 3 and just spam those 2 skills over and over. All Chroma is is a glorified punching bag, a mesa with a worse ult whose main gameplay is to sit around and wait for enemies to charge up his 3 (or shoot himself in the foot with concealed explosives to rush the job) that can't even heal himself back up. His passive is useless and does nothing to actually contribute in-game.

Rework the passive, let chroma swap between all 4 elements in-game.

Buff his 2 to give additional effects (heat=health regen, cold=damage reduction to shields and faster scorn buildup, toxin=faster running speed and reduced friction, electric=faster shield regen and reduced delay).

Instead of forcing 4 to be a stationary target (and instead of that augment band-aid) turn effigy into an oversized sentinel that floats behind Chroma's back and follows Chroma around like a Jojo stand.

Edited by RS219
  • Like 2

Le 01/10/2018 à 14:21, maddragonmaster a dit :

honestly i am not sure if DE is aware of how much of desire for a chroma rework there is. anyways even though its nice that they are reworking the less played frames to make them enjoyable, there is still some reasons some people don't choose those frames that don't include having their abilities in a good condition

And i'm pretty sure DE doesn't care about what players are sure or not. Let DE do their job, this whole egomaniac videogame players era is becoming quite annoying - As if players were deciding what's happening in a game or not. Seriously, calendar is DE's stuff, players can offer feedback but that's all - Game isn't their own property.

Whining all day long is just some 12 years old kid tactics and trust me, it doesn't help with anything. Constructive feedback is far better and i don't think that devs are interested in anything but feedback.

Btw comparing EHP isn't constructive feedback,if one can't survive enough with a Frost Chroma, he just doesn't know how to build and play him.

Edited by 000l000

Here's my suggestions.

Passive: Gives chroma immunity to the chosen element and 25% (Heat - Electricity - Toxin - Cold) Damage to all weapons.

Spectral Scream (Max Rank)

- Tap the ability to change elements (Like Ivara and Vauban) and hold to cast it.

- Chroma shoots a projectile that deals 500 damage of the chosen element with 100% status chance. (Affected by strength)

- Heat will ignite the ground in 5m radius for 10s, Electricity will chain up to 5 enemies in 10m range, Toxin will leave 5m cloud for 10s, Cold will freeze the ground for 10s slowing any enemy by 75%. (Not affected by range or duration)

- Casting the ability while elemental ward is active will double the projectile's damage and range.

- Casting the ability on effigy will heal it to full health and gives it a small buff that lasts for 10s. (Not affected by duration)

- Augment Change: Chroma shoots 3 projectiles that seek out nearby targets and deals 1000 damage with 100% status chance, Removes AoE.

Elemental Ward (Max Rank)

- The augment is unchanged.

Vex Armor (Max Rank)

- Reduced the amount of shields lost to maximize scorn from 400 to 300 considering that both chroma and chroma prime have 300 shields by default at max rank.

- Augment Change: Chroma releases a pulse every 150 damage taken, Inflicting the chosen element in 15m radius. (Not affected by range)

Effigy (Max Rank)

- Attack range increased from 20m to 30m. (Not affected by range)

- Reduced energy drain from 10/s to 6/s.

- Removed the armor penalty.

- It follows you around, And you can command it to stay.

-Augment Change: Chroma spreads his wings and gains the ability to fly, Cannot use any of his weapons but can use his other three abilities, Shoot button will allow chroma to unleash a stream, dealing 2500 damage of the chosen element, Secondary fire will allow chroma to shoot an explosive projectile, Dealing 500 damage and ragdolling enemies within 7 meters (Affected by range), Energy drain is doubled.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (XB1)SirMilkfiend said:

my lazy rework idea...

1- spectral scream switching elements on a wheel. Holds to attack and gains utility and damage based on mods.

2- (new) effigy, has duration instead of being channelled and warps the terrain around it. Gives Chroma some new advantage to make up for the armour stripping.

3- merge elemental ward and vex armour

4- (new) awaken, IF effigy is inactive Chroma enters into an exalted state like Titania. He flies and his primary is his dragon breath (modable in arsenal) with alternate fire raining down balls of fire/ice/sweage/lightning. Vex armour gains additional elemental benefits, heat amplifies the benefit of Fury, cold amplifies the benefits of Scorn, toxin converts Fury weapon damage into gas, electric converts Scorn into a modified rage where shield damage rewards energy.

IF effigy is active the pelt reasserts it's sentient form as a dracolyst. This ally gains full mobilty moving and attacking like a sentient enemy, it roars setting enemies into panic and gains a special ability based on element. It will target the same enemies as Chroma and rescue him if he enters into a downed state.

Sorry this all sounds messy I have not slept for a while ha ha

If I can keep the bonus from the new 4th on vex armor even if I stop using it this would be a great rework. 

I think that the resistance is the most important problem. 

On 2018-09-22 at 7:05 PM, IfritKajiTora said:

Base statistics:
Armor changes, from 350 to 500. (To fit Vex armor that has been nerfed long time ago, making Chroma a little weak)
Spring speed: from 1.0 to 0.9 (to fit his boosted armor)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passive ability:
The passive that he have at the moment don't give him any real boost. So adding that mechanic to new elemental ward (more information's about it below in his second ability)

CHANGES:
All status on Chroma last 25% shorter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Spectral Scream - This ability is too weak, don't have enough CC and not enough damage. It can be boosted by Vex armor damage boost, but this doesn't change much, with full boost this ability is still useless because my melee, primary and secondary is boosted even more.

CHANGES:
Spectral scream is affected by mods from primary weapons. Damage mods, status mods, fire rate mods, all elemental mods are converted to damage type that Chroma is using at the moment.

2.Elemental Ward - this ability need something more than just boost, because he have two boosts (elemental ward and vex armor) which makes this frame a little boring.

CHANGES:
By tapping button ability you switch elements (fire, cold, electric, toxic), by holding button Chroma charge himself to change element to the one you chosen creating AoE explosion dealing high damage and having 100% status. You can chose the same element just for creating the explosion and CC. The aura boost from elemental ward remains the same, can be recasted while duration is still on.

3.Vex Armor - with new armor statistic "500" this ability should be fine now, so no changes are needed in my opinion.

4.Effigy - This ability is fine but have too much downsides.

CHANGES:
Change energy drain from 10 energy per second to 5 energy per second.
Remove credit boost from it, this don't do anything but I think that was the reason why his ability got 10 energy per second cost.
Chroma boost speed changed from 20% to 30%.
While having in use Elemental Ward effigy should have the same aura around, for our team mates that want the boost, but don't want to run everywhere we are.(Two elemental wards from Chroma and effigy doesn't stack the effect)

I like most of the ideas for a Chroma rework, this one too. 

I think that you idea is great, but for vex armor the old formula was the only one. 

Not for the damage but for the armor. 

For damage the new one is OK but a a  buff of 25% is needed. 

The rest of idea is very good like many other  the problem is that DE ignore us. 

On 2018-10-03 at 6:37 PM, DarkRuler2500 said:

Greetings Tenno,
today I'd like to present (another) rework thread for

CHROMA

The True Draconic Knight

chromafire7oi55.jpg

Issue: Chroma is mostly played on his 2nd ability (Elemental Ward) and 3rd ability (Vex Armor) to boost the outgoing damage and to minimize incoming damage through amplification. The 1st ability (Spectral Scream) and 4th ability (Effigy) are only rarely seen. Also most Chroma players tend to use HEAT and COLD as elemental alignment. ELECTRICITY or TOXIN are rarely seen because they are considerably weaker.

Goal: Rework the Chroma ability set to make all four alignments almost equal in power and to make all four abilities of Chroma being worth to have a build created around.

Spectral Scream

• Change: Damage is buffed to 200/225/270/350 from 100/125/150/200

• Change: Status Chance is buffed to 40/60/80/100 % from 40/45/50/60 %.

• New: Damage is increased by 25% for every second active
    (Damage boost affected by Power Strength)

• New: Damage is increased by 100% against targets who‘ve damaged Chroma within the past 5 seconds.
    Damage boost affected by Power Strength, Timer affected by Power Duration)

Afterburn

• New: Deals 300 elemental damage in a 4 meter radius when deactivating Spectral Scream.
    (Damage affected by Power Strength, Ability radius affected by Power Range

• New: Damage is increased by 25% for every second that was active. Explosion radius is increased by 0,2 meters for every second active.
    (Damage boost increased by Power Strength, Ability radius boost affected by Power Range)

chromaicej7coj.jpg

Elemental Ward

• Heat

• Change: Heat status chance increased to 50% on all levels from 2/5/7/10%

• Change: Health bonus reduced to 50/70/90/120% from 50/75/100/200%.

• New: Adds 2/3/4/5 health per second regeneration as long as affected.
      (Health Regeneration value affected by Power Strength)

• Cold

• No changes, since its perfectly balanced in my eyes

• Electricity

• Change: Arc will home into closest target now and can jump over up to 2 times.

• New: Shield regeneration is constantly active with an 30/50/70/100% increase regeneration speed than normal as long as affected.

• New: Forces a circular energy outbreak of 5 meters when shield is being depleted every 10 seconds and applies guaranteed electricity status effect to all enemies.
      (Explosion radius affected by Power Range, Cooldown unaffected by Power Duration)

• Toxin

• Change: Enemies standing within Chroma‘s range will have their toxin status effect refreshed every second instead of being immune towards it until the duration ends.

• Change: Reload Speed is buffed to 20/30/40/50% from 15/25/30/35%.

• Change: Becomes a one-handed ability and can be recasted while active

• New: Increases attack speed of melee attacks too while active for 10/15/20/25%.

Everlasting Ward

• No change, the effect is great!

chromalightningxncx9.jpg

Vex Armor

• Change: When entering the last few seconds of the ability Chroma‘s roar could be heard to warn from the running out.

• Change: Armor bonus now affects Kavat/Kubrows through their Link Armor mod as well

Vexing Retaliation

• Change: Explosion is triggered after taking 150 unmodified damage instead of modified damage. E.g. if you reduce the damage to 30 through your armor rating the explosion is triggered because the incoming damage was 150 to begin with.

• Change: Base explosion range increased to 5/6,5/8/10 from 4/5/7/9m

chromatoxinfnf9q.jpg

Effigy

• New: No longer spawns the Sentinel but instead causes energy wings to sprout from Chroma‘s back resembling those of the former sentinel for 10/10/10/10 seconds (Duration affected by Power Duration)

• New: While active enemies within 7/10/12/15 meters are more likely to attack Chroma instead of other allies. Chroma itself is 20/30/40/50% damage resistant in this state.

• New: Incoming damage is stored in a counter at the same position where Saryn has her spores and Nidus has his mutation stacks. When the ability ends the total amount of damage absorbed triggers a heat, cold, electricity or toxin explosion within 10 meters and deals the damage to all enemies within. Enemies killed by the explosion will drop a guaranteed health orb on death.

• New: While active movement speed is cut by 40% and bullet jumps are deactivated.

This new look was inspired by Kevin Glints fanart on DeviantArt (Link). This is how it could look ingame.

chromanew4dfji.jpg

Detached Effigy

• New: Chroma no longer benefits or disadvantages from effigy base ability.

• New: Spawns the former Sentinel which now has the same effect as Chroma would have too. It taunts enemies within 5/7/9/12 meters to attack and absorbs damage and triggers it in a 7 meters explosion radius with a 50% less damage absorbed conversion.

• Change: The summoned sentinel will deal the stun and the normal attacks just like now as well but has its credit enhancement removed.

• Change: Armor is reduced by 50% and movement speed is increased by 20% just like now but additionally the parcour velocity and wall-latching time.

Thank you for reading (or scrolling) this far.
I really hope that Chroma is going to get some love rework soon and hope DE might consider it.

All values are of course my suggestions and it might be too strong or to weak. I leave that to DE for balancing.

I loved the idea until the last 2 abilities.. 

3rd) perfect, but he needs the old formula for the armor and double fury damage... Because he has an armor buff, so he can be stunned and affected by status proc. 

4th) literally is all good, but no bullet jump isn't a good idea, the rest is very good. 

On 2018-09-16 at 2:27 PM, MokutoBunshi said:

Chroma NEEDS a rework.

But why though? You may be asking. Simple, the only buttons people use ALL the time are his 2 and his 3, and his 4 actually makes it HARDER to use his 2(cold and electric forms) and 3!

As a tank, (a self damage one too!) loosing 50% of your armor should give A LOT MORE than a 20% speed boost and a turret (something that belongs on Vauban's 2 to help round him out, but I digress, that's a discussion for another day...).

Meat of the post/the TL;DR is on the "change" parts:

Spectral Scream, give it increased innate punch through and range so that Maximized Ability Range (with mods) is like the Effigy elemental stream, maxing at about 22-24 meters. 

Increase the tick rate, also, just like Ivara's quiver, it would change to: tap to change and hold to breathe. Change what you might ask? Element of the warframe. There is NO REASON that Chroma should have to get ONE element during a mission. His whole theme is adaptability, and frankly he could use the extra power in his kit,(asides from just using elemental ward and vex armor all the time with the occasional effigy he doesn't have much). Especially when his Q+Vex still just does flat damage. At the very least you need to change to enemies weaknesses, which is where the skill would come from in the new kit. This could be implemented using a similar code to concept Khora's IPS changing and on hit we know it works due to Revenant.

I am guessing some people could have issues with this idea like, Tapping to change, me no like. Or, changing elements before a mission is part of his skill or... vex armor is enough for the spectral scream! Or, what about having a passive! Just, please wait till the end of the post, maybe I can change your mind.

Change: Tap 1 to change elements, hold 1 to breathe, increased range, increased tick rate.

Elemental Ward, should obey the element on his 1 ability. Allowing it to change as well.

Change: Elemental Ward of an adapting dragon.

Vex Armor, to be honest, it had its changes, its also a aura now and recastable so it works quite well.

Change: None.

His 4 is a good concept, but has poor execution... imagine what you SHOULD be able to do with TWO dragons breathing element together!! 

Change: 10-20% more range (and 50% more width or punch through) at base and let it be affected by range mods. It is now duration based. Tap 4 to change effigy's elements. If both dragons are aiming at the same enemies, they will get the combined element on hit (to bypass other warframe's statuses). HOLD 4 to make the pelt attack an area that you aim towards. If that area is beyond its range it will move (same movement speed as Chroma) in that direction until it is in range, with or without enemies present; Doing its area of effect attack as it moves.

Reveal hidden contents

My guess is pseudo code for the Effigy would be something like:

If Effigymove effigymovement(float range < targetdistance)

Effigymove.towardenemy;

else if (its there change targets to it)

else 

continue firing;

Passive: If an enemy has been afflicted with statuses, say, corrosive, heat and cold. Any element that Chroma (lets say electricity...) is combined with the first primary element type. So now said enemy in the example is taking corrosive, and Radiation and cold statuses. Because heat+electricity changed to radiation. The combined scream status is re-applied per tick of his Q. His secondary passive of gold on effigy stays and is now even easier to use because it moves to the action on command.

Change: First primary element affecting an enemy combines with Chroma's Scream element.

Other than ranges to allow him to cast better, most of the rework wouldn't need increased numbers or scaling percentages because Chromas utility and synergy (in the kit and team wide,) would go up and as a result, and provide frame usefulness through diversity and adaptability solo, or in a group.

I hope some of this happens when ever Chroma gets a deluxe skin! [DE]Pablo please!

]\'[

Good for all the ideas. 

Not for vex armor, it needs the old formula without the double dipping damage. 

Or at least the old formula for scorn and the new ( with double value) for fury, 

Like this the damage would be lower than with the old formula but is OK. 

Dark ruler I like your ideas a lot, primarily the effigy one. But also I feel like changing the buff with toxic to a crit or something would be better, since it affects more than just melee, or status chance for weapons. Just something to make it much more offensive based. Also I feel some of the damage boost could be moved away from his 3 to his 4, since it's incredibly powerful but also make it a flat amount that's around rhino's roar or something just to keep the damage buffs similar ya know?

Edited by Krankwagon

What about an exalted dorm of chroma? 

We can combine the 2nd and 3rd ability into a 1 ability and leave a slot for an exalted form. 

According to the chosen color chroma has an Aura around the body with different effects and will manifest the wings remaining suspended like Titania (can not fly, a bit like the poses of Titania) Blue = lightning and lightning Red = fire and flames White = ice and smoke Green = toxic clouds  It could be considered an exalted Weapons, then upgradeable separately, on which the mods for melee (fists) and those of the primary (dragon's breath can be used with the button for the fire). It will then spit fire / ice / lightning / toxin and throw punches in the face of the enemy. The basic damage to the fists should be 300 affected by power and instead by the breath 250.

What do you think? 

Ok, all right, we all know (maybe all) that Chroma needs a rework.
Some think that a Rework to the 1st and the 4th Ability is enough, but many others think that vex Armor also needs a rework and I am inspired by the latter.
But today I would like to expose my idea to a possible exalted ability.

This is an exalted form of Chroma, which is considered a double exalted weapons style Titania.

Depending on the color chosen (many think that the first ability should be similar to ivive quiver, so I refer to this color) Chroma will manifest its wings with that color in addition to different effects.
Blue = lightning on the body
White = icy nests and pieces of ice on the body
Red = flames on the body
Green = toxic clouds and poisonous liquids that come out of the pores of the skin.
It will also be able to punch (with the close combat button) straight in the aiming direction (with a small forward jump) inflicting 300 basic damage with power and body-to-body mods (status statistics, critic etc etc are to be defined, but I think that a 10% status and 50% critical for the fists goes well ... Statistics reversed for the breath of the dragon).
In addition to throwing punches, he will be able to spit fire / ice / lightning / poison (with the fire button, he will also be able to aim) by inflicting 250 basic damage from power and primary force mods.

The cost in energy will be 4E / s.

Now, I think the vex armor bonus should be multiply again, both for armor and damage (without the double dipping damage), I explain why.
Even if it will have a lot of resistance again (absolutely deserved) it will not focus only on strength and duration but also on efficiency and range (because there will be an exalted form), so many slots will be dedicated to efficiency and reach, so the force power will be lower than the current build.
In doing so, even if it will have a lot of resistance, you can still focus on other ways, making the most of everything it has.

In order to insert such an ability I thought to merge together the elental ward and vex armor and make it a second skill, modifying only the toxin bonuses (speed of charging and melee speed attack increased) and electric (continuous and faster regeneration of shields and greater amount once the ability is activated), Effigy will become the third and the exalted form the fourth.

The first will remain the first, changing it, making it similar to quiver and basing the damage to 100 (but giving the chance to receive the primary mods bonuses).

Exalted form will not be affected by vex Armor, because it will return to having the old formula but only for weapons, but the resistance will also benefit the exalted form.
So the player can choose between a style of play based on skills and then on the body to cover or a style based on weapons.

The augments will change the name but they will remain the same and will benefit from the same skill.

I add this ... Based on the chosen element the exalted form will have composed different bodies.  Electric = small area stun Fire = 3% lifesteal (not affected by mod) Ice = slowing down of enemies Toxic = damage over time directly on life.  In this way the best elements for the final ability will be electric and toxin (the others are valid), but for vex armor will be fire and ice (the others are valid), this was the players to change element based on the situations, passing from the first ability that will act as a switch as well as the ability with which Chroma spits fire.  The passive will be this: 30% damage reduction to all elemental damages affecting Chroma.   So it seems to me that the concept of "master of element" is respected  

Let's see what you think of it.

Edited by (XB1)TRL kaldwin