Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fed up with Sayrn being so stupid OP

Mattakadeimos

Le 15/09/2018 à 19:57, (PS4)CoolD2108 a dit :

Soo...i leveled my Atlas the other day. 0-30 in a single Onslaught was the plan so i went to wave 20.

There was this Saryn in my squad that's been keeping me company till the end even when everyone else left. Awesome player. Everything was spored constantly and he only died like once.

We scored 50:50 in both kills and damage.

That awesome Saryn and my Atlas who had like 4 mods equipped.

^^^^^^

This may indeed be the issue here.

QFT. 

I feel that people feel like playing watch and see more than playing. Saryn has a ramp up timer and a spreading mechanic to watch. 

Tbh i still do comparable damage with a variety of weapons and frames just by, you know, playing a tad more aggressively. Which is augmented by Saryn stripping armour and hakving health left and right. 

Now, on ESO Saryn is a bit obnoxious because a good build will wipe the map constantly. But that's a problem with how ESO is designed more than with Saryn herself. 

A decked Pyrana Prime can keep up with a Saryn's killspeed... 

On 2018-09-15 at 1:14 PM, Mattakadeimos said:

Like seriously if a Saryn player is in a mission type like defense, you may as well go afk. There's no fun in watching corpses explode and not doing any of the killing yourself. Its boring.

Its not just defense, any mission, oh look its Saryn. Might as well kiss any kills and just watch and wait till end of mission.

There is no other frame atm that can do such wholesale slaughter.

No, I'm not a Saryn main btw, she doesn't suit my playstyle. But you know dialling back her abilities to bring them in line with all the other frames would be nice.

Its either that or insta kick anyone playing as saryn from the games I'm in. No fun for anyone.

Come on DE sort it out.

this is the voice of 20min wavers hear them DE lol

4 hours ago, Thaylien said:
Spoiler

It's interesting, isn't it?

'Damage Dealt' as a stat is a little mis-leading, because you can deal 'overkill' damage to an enemy. If an enemy has 100 Health, and you deal 10k damage to it, you still deal 10k damage and it counts towards the percentage of damage dealt by you, but you've only killed one enemy.

Overkill damage is something that a Mag is actually really good at, because they can concentrate and multiply the effects of a single shot onto the enemy with Magnetise, (especially with projectile type weapons) and then the accumulated damage is output in a pulse that can kill radially with overkill damage too, if you've charged it enough. At level 60-70 for the Sortie Stage 1, lots of weapons can still one-shot, and if you're taking something that deals really high per-shot damage, like his Rubico, then it's going to be multiplied by the Magnetise and focused right onto the enemy usually as a large overkill number. It's no Mara Detron, but it'll kill things pretty damn easily.

One Magnetise cast could charge up the damage from multiple enemies shooting it, as well as multiple Rubico hits, and then output that radially, while Saryn can't.

The Saryns in that mission are dealing damage-over-time, meaning that very rarely will they deal more than a few hundred, maybe up to a thousand damage more than an enemy's actual health, they'll die to the tick, not to a massive single shot.

So what the Mag player is saying is that they're dealing high burst damage to a smaller amount of enemies, but at the same time, the Saryns must actually be doing more work, because to get that many kills for each means they must be actively spreading their spores, otherwise Spores would just die out every half minute or so and they'd get decay and have to start all over again.

Also, it's defense, and not one with increased spawns like a Fissure defense would be, that just by default means that the Saryns are getting only normal spawns and decay on their ability at the end of every Wave, so... They're actually doing their jobs, both of them.

For both of them equal a Mag's burst damage output with a frame that doesn't really do large instances of damage, quite the converse of that player's point, I think that's pretty impressive.

That player found actual active Saryn players... well, along with one leech, but no game is perfect ^^

Hell yeah it was a perfect moment of a pub game, pressed escape to see who am i playing with, and tada 3 saryn's holishet i must take a screenshot, and yeah i gotta compete coz there's this "we hate saryn coz shes OP af" rant just a week ago.

The two saryn's were doing some cardio exercise throughout the map, slide whipping, bullet/jumping, getting close and personal thing :p
While Mag used all her skills as best as she could, spent some energy pads, just stood in the middle scoping soulless corpus and did not move a muscle :p (except the last part, bursas, need to shoot their bakks)

ooh just 1 more round and my Mag could've outdamaged them, too bad the mission only had 10waves.

Overkill damage? the mission summary really computes them?
I thought they were just basing it on the enemies' hp and shields? (well armor you could basically remove armor, then hp will be left.)

Coming from a Hydron / Mastery Rank standpoint: Who cares? Affinity is being shared and the faster you can get through the waves, the better.

From regular defense: I agree, I like to shoot stuff in the face sometimes and play with my new weapons and at least be able to use my abilities to kill or suppress instead of just spawning 'The Kraken' and watch as it thrashes about with nothing in it's arms. It's got to eat, and I'm the one who has to feed it. Looks like I'm shoving you in it's mouth instead...

HAHAHA you people said the same thing about Banshee, Leave Sayrn alone, her abilities make sense and depending on how you buff her she can be weakened in many ways but still turns to be a mass killer. I went to IO yesterday and brought my Sayrn... a Mesa whooped my ass in kills and damage and I have a very good Power and duration build. I play Mesa aswell but after seeing that I learned that Mesa is a immediate killer with what she can see where Sayrn takes some time to bulk up but can kill what she can see and what she cant. I think Sayrn is fine just the was she is shes also a bit squishy so I think that  makes up for something.

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎15 at 4:37 PM, moostar95 said:

Tfw you solo this game as inaros and laugh about people crying about a single frame they see in their party. 

I mean if saryn players mess with you that much. just get a party of friends or go solo.  I play solo with my inaros who  can handle a wave full of lvl 100 enemies without any nukes at all. 

I'm in the same boat, I came here to eat popcorn and laugh mostly. Tired of people crying wolf on kill frames. Tired of all the nerfs making a lot of the frames pretty useless while we still have older frames out there in desperate need of attention.

I rely on my Riven collection and weapons to do my slaughter. Occasionally I'll break out a DPS frame if I'm farming/leveling stuff. Otherwise, why do people care about "OP" stuff in this game? If it isn't OP, people find a way to make it OP. Most of the community (at least the veterans and those in the know), understands that Warframes in general are "OP". Maybe we should all be asking DE to buff enemies, maybe give us some actually challenging content (please?). But chances are, they'd rather cater to the new influx of players vs the people that have supported this game since the beginning.

6 hours ago, (PS4)xZekkenXx said:

HAHAHA you people said the same thing about Banshee, Leave Sayrn alone, her abilities make sense and depending on how you buff her she can be weakened in many ways but still turns to be a mass killer. I went to IO yesterday and brought my Sayrn... a Mesa whooped my ass in kills and damage and I have a very good Power and duration build. I play Mesa aswell but after seeing that I learned that Mesa is a immediate killer with what she can see where Sayrn takes some time to bulk up but can kill what she can see and what she cant. I think Sayrn is fine just the was she is shes also a bit squishy so I think that  makes up for something.

Banshee was a cancer, she deserves the nerf. Saryn is fine now.
Also i feel sad for the ember fans, she was overkilled.

Am 25.9.2018 um 01:17 schrieb (PS4)ArtPrince17:

Don't try to screw over Saryn because you're too slow to get any kills when one is in your squad. Be faster. No one should have to cater to your playstyle.

I really hope you do see the irony in this post 😄

On 2018-09-25 at 12:17 AM, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

No one should have to cater to your playstyle.

Trollolol. This is one of those things that seems insightful and wise at a quick glance, but is just ridiculous upon further thought.

You seriously telling me you don't have to cater to other people's playstyle in a 4 man co-op shooter? I sometimes have to cater my entire loadout and set up to whether or not teammates use CP, nevermind which frame they use. Is silly.

Aside from that. Seems to me any frame that can proc viral and corrosive with AoE moves before even thinking about weapons is bound to be OP in some way. That's, potentially, millions in HP and EHP before you even start.

Edited by (PS4)TheNotorious91
My spelling is/was atrocious.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)TheNotorious91 said:

You seriously telling me you don't have to cater to other people's playstyle in a 4 man co-op shooter? I sometimes have to cater my entire loadout and set up to whether or not teammates use CP, nevermind which frame they use. Is silly.

No, you don't have to, but you can, which can make things easier in some cases. If you need to have your playstyle catered to though, find your own team that'll do it, not a public match.

2 hours ago, Elyann said:

And this is the same kind of behaviour which led to Ember's and Banshee's nerf...and to many other frames' ones before them....( Ash still needs to be rebalanced....his "rework" ruined him ) .

this is a joke right? ember is no longer the lazy persons frame, banshee is back to being a buffer like shes supposed to be, and ash needs a rework? lmao go home.